Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Animal Crossing Series

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
jvgsjeff
Points: 853, Level: 15 Points: 853, Level: 15 Points: 853, Level: 15

jvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of light

AC New Leaf (hands-on)

I was fortunate enough to be chosen to receive an advance copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf for 3DS, and I've started a daily blog where I'll be updating my progress in the game. Please check it out if you're interested: Animal Crossing New Leaf Blog

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask. However, I'm very early in the game still (today will just be my 3rd day), so I might not know the answer to all of your questions just yet.
jvgsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,268, Level: 100 Points: 38,268, Level: 100 Points: 38,268, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Really nice blog, it's like a minute by minute diary but for AC. Bit weird how you can't take off your *ahem* trousers though.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
I made this facebook group for Animal Crossing, should be a great way to exchange friend codes and such once the game launches:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/455898051169030/

The group is "closed", meaning you can apply to join, but until I OK you (which I will) you will be unable to post. Also, since it is a closed group, the posts and content are visible only to those inside the group. Furthermore, if you are in the group, you can invite others to the group, and they will be added without me having to confirm them, so please add as many people as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Mr. Hudson
The Floydian
Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74 Points: 12,921, Level: 74
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Black Mage

Mr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really niceMr. Hudson is just really nice

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox Live Gamertag: Mr Moonlightt
I'd like the first blog to go in depth about the new ability to swim, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Waters
You have to be trusted
By the people that you lied to
So that, when they turns their backs on you
You'll get the chance, to put the knife through
Mr. Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38 Points: 3,700, Level: 38
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

I can't wait for this game. The blog is very nicely done. I'll have to remember to keep checking it. =)
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Nice blog bro.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #7
jvgsjeff

jvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of lightjvgsjeff is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, everyone. As for swimming, I just did it for the first time today. Not only can you swim, but you can also dive underwater and catch shellfish. For now, I can only swim while visiting the island though. You can't swim in your town until you buy a wetsuit, and you can only buy it with medals that you earn by playing Tortimer's games on the island. So they make you work for it, but it's definitely a nice addition.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvgsjeff View Post
Thanks, everyone. As for swimming, I just did it for the first time today. Not only can you swim, but you can also dive underwater and catch shellfish. For now, I can only swim while visiting the island though. You can't swim in your town until you buy a wetsuit, and you can only buy it with medals that you earn by playing Tortimer's games on the island. So they make you work for it, but it's definitely a nice addition.
So, tortimer retired to the island, eh? Lazy bastard!

I have a question, though. Is the tow size comparable to Wild World or is it layered like the original and City Folk?

I also have another question. In the time I've known you, I've picked up on the fact that you are one of the only people who appreciates the original game in a similar fashion as me. How does it compare with that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
jvgsjeff

The town is primarily on one level, except for the beach. You have to go down a ramp to get to the beach, so it's like the entire village is on a plateau. Here's a picture of my map:

It is nice that New Leaf has brought back some elements of the GameCube game, such as the train, island, post office, and even the ability to "save and continue." But it's still far too early to give a real comparison. There's so much in New Leaf I have yet to see.