Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,875, Level: 100 Points: 58,875, Level: 100 Points: 58,875, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Were you bullied? Were you a bully?

I'm curious, how many of you were bullied in school, and just as importantly, how many of you were bullies? How have either of these roles affected your?

I was bullied up until about the 6th grade, when I finally busted a bullies nose open. even after that, I was always socially outcasted- I simply wasn't picked on as much. I learned later that many of the children that chastised me had horrible home lives. I've always been friendly to everyone unless they give me reason not to be, but I feel like the way I was treated made me as competitive as I am. A lot of you might notice that I'm quite aggressive - this didn't starts until Jr. High, and I think bullying is a major factor. I learned that it's survival of the fittest, and I'd rather take you down than be taken down. I still a compassionate person, but I think bullying made me much less trusting of some people. I guess ultimately, my aggressive nature could be a positive in some respects.

What about you? Bully? Victim? Did it affect you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,583, Level: 37 Points: 3,583, Level: 37 Points: 3,583, Level: 37
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

I was bullied until 8th grade. This happened throughout several schools. The last time I was bullied, the guy punched me in the back of the head and I just turned around and looked at him. Just stood there. Staring. He backed up and put his hands up and said "whoa, Nicole got hard" and that was that. I stopped caring and didn't cry for once and it just ended.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I was bullied in primary school because I refused to be friends with someone. I fought with several people everyday, and insults and stuff were thrown. It made me very aggressive and angry, and I often got into trouble rather than the initiator. We all know bullies are weak cowards, so they often lose. Apparently, whoever loses the fight isn't the one who should get in trouble. What a load of toss that was. Well anyway, it messed my mind up a bit and throughout highschool I was involved in giving a lot of harsh banter as well as taking it. I calmed down during college and I'm not aggressive anymore. I have a slightly bad temper but I just go in a huff and complain and moan about everything ;P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanePsychoSuper View Post
The last time I was bullied, the guy punched me in the back of the head and I just turned around and looked at him.
I absolutely hate guys who punch girls. I usually don't discriminate but like it or not; it's a fact of nature that the majority of males have an advantage over females in terms of strength. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ever hit a girl. It's just horrible.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 58,875, Level: 100 Points: 58,875, Level: 100 Points: 58,875, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
I was bullied in primary school because I refused to be friends with someone. I fought with several people everyday, and insults and stuff were thrown. It made me very aggressive and angry, and I often got into trouble rather than the initiator. We all know bullies are weak cowards, so they often lose. Apparently, whoever loses the fight isn't the one who should get in trouble. What a load of toss that was. Well anyway, it messed my mind up a bit and throughout highschool I was involved in giving a lot of harsh banter as well as taking it. I calmed down during college and I'm not aggressive anymore. I have a slightly bad temper but I just go in a huff and complain and moan about everything ;P.

I absolutely hate guys who punch girls. I usually don't discriminate but like it or not; it's a fact of nature that the majority of males have an advantage over females in terms of strength. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ever hit a girl. It's just horrible.
Yeah, guys who hit girls should just be spit on, really. Unless a girl was, say, coming at me with a knife or something, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do anything more than restrain her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Severely bullied in grade 5, as well as in grade 4 & 6, but less so in those two. Homeschooled in grades 7 & 8, until I returned to school in grade 9. I knew what not to do this time, but I still got screwed. Got stabbed by some drugged up kid in Religion class. Parents flipped out, got the cops involved, and I was labelled a rat for the rest of that year. Got bullied pretty bad over that whole ordeal for that year. I should mention that as it turns out, that school was one of few who accepted kids that had been to juvenile detention hall. That helped wonders /sarcasm. I get hated throughout the school over getting stabbed, yet some drug dealer from fort mac joins the school halfway through the year, and is suddenly everyone's best friend? I hated those kids. Severely effed up.

Can't say it didn't come without learning experiences though. I couldn't take a joke in Elementary, which resulted in the horrible grade 4/5/6 years. Started to realize this in grade 6. Had grade 7 & 8 to evaluate it. Kinda just got screwed over in grade 9, like I said, but I still managed to learn how to act and stuff.

Moved to B.C. in Grade 10. Fresh start. Went to a school of about 4000. Didn't make many friends, but didn't make any enemies at the same time. Started hanging out with a crowd until I realized they weren't for me. Spent the last half of the year on my own in that school. Had many aquintances, but nothing special. Got along well with kids in some of my semester II classes, but nothing outside of that.

Grade 11, went to an Arts school of 400 or so (grades 6-12). Had an amazing time, didn't know such great people existed, made friends with most of my grade, as well as some of the grade 12's. Prior experiences kept me acting as a person should, and really good at joking around with people now. Most of the old problems are history.

Grade 12, same school, how could I leave? Know all 40 of the kids in my grad class. Get along great with them all, as well as kids in grade 10 & 11. Been a fantastic year. nothing more to it than that.

Overall, been a learning experience. I still say people that bullied me early on suck, and it shouldn't happen, but the world sucks this way. Kind of glad I learned how to act in the end, but still shouldn't happen like it does all over the world. I write this now more so, so people can see it, and have hope from it I guess. I feel like I've been through hell & back, and come out clean, and I feel good about that. I feel like anyone can do the same.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,583, Level: 37 Points: 3,583, Level: 37 Points: 3,583, Level: 37
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

I was tiny. 5ft 2in and about 85-90lbs. The teacher's didn't care. Just told me I should stop crying so much and not be a tattle-tell. It was the worse in 8th grade. Ended up with a sprained wrist because some guy decided he was the next pro wrestler. Got jumped by a few girls while getting off the bus. Bus driver saw and did nothing. Just drove off. Got a basketball thrown at my head (yes, on purpose) and got a concussion. Couldn't remember getting hit in the head or the next hour after that. Teacher said I was fine, didn't go to the hospital until after getting home and my dad asked what happened and I said I wasn't sure but was told so and so happened. Yeah, I hated that school.

Cam3ron: Oh damn, glad you made it out okay. And I thought I had it bad.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #7
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Well in 4th grade I guess I was semi-bullied, I'm not really the type to sit back and take it I'm more about that action so I beat the shit out of him. I tend to throw first and ask questions later when I hear someone is starting shit and especially if someone has the balls to actually say something to my face.

I don't think I'm a bully at all, but I'm labeled as one in the school system. Simply because like I said I don't really take shit so if someone is talking shit I come up and stick them more often then not. Then the little bitches start to put on their good boy faces saying they didn't do anything and once parents even tried to put assault charges on me. So yeah apparently I'm a bully. Not really, but yeah you get the point.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100 Points: 38,129, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
Well in 4th grade I guess I was semi-bullied, I'm not really the type to sit back and take it I'm more about that action so I beat the shit out of him. I tend to throw first and ask questions later when I hear someone is starting shit and especially if someone has the balls to actually say something to my face.
I'm more of the opposite, it's always fun to emotionally destroy bullies verbally. I mean it's fair isn't it? They try to humiliate and hurt you with words, so I do the same back. I mean I wouldn't do that these days, just enough to make sure they'd walk away really, now.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Yeah I feel ya that's probably the better way to do things anyway.

But I've always loved to fight I get off on it, so really any reason will do just so I can **** somebody up.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,632, Level: 100 Points: 58,632, Level: 100 Points: 58,632, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I wasn't so much a "bully" in middle school as I was just "antagonistic". It was usually just toward girls that I secretly had a crush on, I'd just do or say things to get under their skin to get their attention but nothing serious. I was just intentionally annoying.

In terms of my own experiences dealing with bullies, I have had my own fair share of archenemies. Some of them I actually managed to convert into my friends and we laugh about it today (heck, a good number of my male friends actually started out as my rivals). Others, not so much. Often times, I was bullied by other black boys for being smart and speaking proper and not having a "stereotypical" personality. They'd call me a "wannabe white boy" etc. Other times I was made fun of for not being the most athletic guy in gym class. And some times for no apparent reason at all, as the worst case was being cyberbullied on Facebook by this other guy at my high school for a couple years. Of course the obvious answer would have been "Delete him" and I often did. Then he would apologize and beg to be my friend again. So I call myself being a forgiving person and trying again. Then he'd cyberbully me again. Rinse and repeat until I finally said enough is enough and cut the relationship to him completely. He cyberbullied tons of people but I was his number one target. He resorted to online bullying because he has a paralyzed leg and walks with a severe limp, so he knows he would lose any physical confrontation. At first we felt sorry for him and figured his anger stemmed from his bad leg, but then I no longer cared, physicaly disabled or not. One day in the schoolyard he was very close to me as if he really wanted to get physical. I shoved him to the ground on his back. After he scrambled and struggled to get back on his feet, he just slithered away and for a time I was regarded as something of a hero for doing that. I almost felt bad considering his physical disability but he has so much anger and hatred in him I got over it fast. Funny thing is I share the same first name with him. To this very day, he sends me Friend Requests every so often. I seriously think he has developed a twisted obsession with me or obession with being my friend for some reason.

I hate when people use disabilities as an excuse to be assholes.

In another incident a couple years back, I found myself in a confrontation with this big dude named Josh. He was this big (fat) kid with autism. The thing is, he was fully aware of his autism and he really used it as an excuse to be intentionally and consciously obnoxious. It was 6th period History, I'm just sitting there doing my work and Josh just randomly explodes, yelling at his teammates because he felt like he was doing all the work in a group project. The teacher didn't really do or say anything she just sort of glared at him from her desk like "oh boy, there goes Josh again." Josh's yelling was disturbing me from my own work though, so I simply turned and said "Hey buddy can you just calm down and lower your voice?" Then he explodes on me and we start going back and forth, the class getting excited and expecting a fight.

Those who know me know that I am a naturally very calm soul, but Big Josh pissed me off today. I started yelling myself, slamming my balled fist on the teacher's desk when she called me up. The rest of the class was in shock, having never seen me angry or using my yelling voice before. She took me out into the hallway and gently asked me to calm down while explaining Josh's autism. But it was very obvious Josh was in his right mind and was consciously being an asshole despite the autism. She gently suggested that I talk to the school counselor about it which I guess is just her programmed response as a teacher. So I stormed off and did just that which of course did nothing for me. For a little while the talk of the school was "Brandyn vs. Josh" and people for the rest of the year kept asking when the showdown where I'd kick his ass would happen. Much as I wanted to have a go at the big oaf, I ultimately just let it go.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote