Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Creative Corner > Profiles and Blogs

Notices

Profiles and Blogs Blogs and Profiles written by our members, telling about themselves.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
A rant about a "friend"

Just so you know, this is totally unimportant and has nothing to do with NFF. This was just on my mind, and I need to vent, so I'm posting it here.

As for this "friend" in question, we have known one another for almost literally our whole lives. We first met when we were only 3 or 4 because our mothers happened to be friends. Although our interactions were quite limited for years, I coincidentally wound up going to the same high school as him. This school, as some of you are already aware, was a Christian school. If you don't know for some odd reason, that means the school was, obviously, in affiliation with the christian faith, and our school was indeed also a church. Through those 4 years, we got a chance to really form a friendship that we couldn't as kids. Even after he graduated (he actually graduated early), we kept in touch. As it turns out, this friend is actually gay. He never said anything of the sort until halfway through college, and never said it to me at all - I found out via mutual friends. However, I knew he was gay anyway. The news didn't surprise me in any way, because I'd already figured it out long ago. Well, he began cutting ties with a lot of people from the school. Can't say I blame him, as most Christians are in opposition to homosexuality. However, why he chose to cut ties with me - rather abruptly I might add, I just can't figure out. Yet, he till maintains ties with one single school mate of ours. I'm outright offended that he thinks I would not accept him. I bothers me to no end that he thinks it should be ok to just forget about our friendship. It feels like a great big "**** you!" and I just can't piece it together. He removed me on facebook, and all that jazz, and at first I thought it was accidental and resent a friend request. He never replied to it. I sent him a message explaining that I knew he was gay, and that I didn't care, and that I still cared about him just the same. No response. I even got his phone number from the girl he is in contact with, but when I tried to talk to him, he didn't reply - though he did send her a message angry that she gave me his number.

I'm not sure where to go with this from here. Do I just say **** him and forget about it? It seems arbitrary to attempt any form of communication with him. I try not to hold it against him, but at the same time it just makes me furious. Why are you going to throw away a nearly 20 year long friendship because you like dick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,717, Level: 38 Points: 3,717, Level: 38 Points: 3,717, Level: 38
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

Just let it go. If he doesn't want to be friends right now, just let him be. He'll get back in touch if/when he gets more comfortable in his openness if he wants to. You can't force someone to be friends with you.
SanePsychoSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,421, Level: 100 Points: 52,421, Level: 100 Points: 52,421, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Yeah, I would give him his space right now. Maybe in a year or two he may change his mind, and if he doesn't... His loss.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #4
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,649, Level: 78 Points: 14,649, Level: 78 Points: 14,649, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 

If you already let him know that you accept him and he still doesn't respond, then just let him do his thing first. If he doesn't respond then yeah, like Mario said. His loss.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,156, Level: 100 Points: 59,156, Level: 100 Points: 59,156, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Have you ever maybe said some things in the past like made an untasteful gay joke (before you knew he was gay) or something like that? Often times, people will look back at the past and become angry about it. Maybe something you said about gays in the past before you knew he was gay has retroactiely offended him and he feels you can't accept it?....that's the only thing I can think of.

If he's just come out of the closet this is likely a very dark and confusing time for him, he doesn't know who he can trust. All you can do is hope he comes back to his senses, eventually.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I'd leave it be. I'm going to be slightly stereotypical now, but hopefully not in the offensive way. I've had quite a few gay friends, and every single one of them was very stubborn and dramatic. Obviously it isn't a definite personality of someone who's gay; but I'm saying it MIGHT be one of those traits which is making him refuse to answer you. Coincidentally, out of the 4 gay people I've had a dispute with, none of them spoke to me ever again afterwards. None of them wanted to forgive and forget.

So yeah, again; not saying this is all gay people.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #7
travis
Agent of the system
Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15 Points: 835, Level: 15

travis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura abouttravis has a spectacular aura about

I will say that Konata is right about almost all the gay people i ever met. The men anyway. Lesbians tend to be a different story. But gay men, oh yeah. Im afraid most are drama queens, they tend to not think with a level head most of the time. They have all the emotion of a female and issues on top of that. Its a scary combination.

As far as your situation, consider what you already said. If it makes you this angry and you feel this wronged by it, its not just you. It really is that offensive and it should piss you off. A big **** you, is exactly what it is and i wouldnt stand for it. Not everybody is a good person man. Some people care and some care as long as it serves a purpose at the time.. Just because your gay, it dosent give you a free pass or make you special. I think thats what im tired of the most. Its like people using the black thing as cover to do whatever they want. Or not being able to say anything about a person thats crooked, just because they are a jew... There is a reason these things started being said to begin with. I think people tend to forget that.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #8
AGoomba
Great bad ass Goomba
Points: 353, Level: 7 Points: 353, Level: 7 Points: 353, Level: 7

My Mood: Snobbish
AGoomba is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via Skype™ to AGoomba PSN ID: luigigamer97
Man, take it easy, ┐do you like him like friend very much, dont you?, if he was like you(like u like real friend) he would try to find you.Now think, ┐dont you thought that he Ędissapeared for both wellĘ?, maybe he had very problems that making him thinking about dissapear,(homo people are kind but with 89 percent of social and family problems).Is not ur fault bro
AGoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #9
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ
Pink Pearl Voice
Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59 Points: 7,909, Level: 59
User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 1x Chao User owns 1x Mr Saturn

My Mood: In Love
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant futureColorful CrAzYoNzZ has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Game Reviewer Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Poster Princess Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via MSN to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Send a message via Skype™ to Colorful CrAzYoNzZ Xbox Live Gamertag: z0mbii baItt
I agree with mostly what was said here. Just leave it be, he will come around if he wants to be friends again, maybe after he sorts things out. If he doesn't, then he wasn't a good friend to begin with. You're not at fault here, since you explained that you still cared for your friendship.

If you look everybody here is trying on new faces
And the ones that fit are surprisingly contagious
With a shiny new beginning we cordially invite you to
Into the dressing room.
Colorful CrAzYoNzZ is offline   Reply With Quote