Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Classic Nintendo Reviews

Notices

Classic Nintendo Reviews Section for all Retro Nintendo Games for NES, SNES, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, Gameboy

Comment

Review Tools
The Adventure's of Tom Sawyer - NES
A very faithful adaption of Samual Clemens brilliant novel
Published by Dr. Jekyll
08-28-2008
Author review
Graphics
20%20%20%
Storyline
15%15%15%
Controls/Gameplay
10%10%10%
Sound
20%20%20%
Average 16%

Well if you guys ever wanted to play this horrible mess of a game, then you would have been able to play it over at VNES, but it's not available anymore.

STORY
Oh my god... Okay, the story is supposed to be about Tom Sawyer day dreaming in the school house, with no way of telling what the objective is besides getting to the next level. You will encounter such ferocious creatures such as a giant alligator on the Mississippi (At least unreliable Wikipedia tells me), a giant octopus (?), and ghosts and ghouls in a haunted house. The game has six stages total.

GAMEPLAY/CONTROL
Whenever I'm reminded of Tom Sawyer, I cringe. Why? Because I remember the gameplay from Tom Sawyer for the NES. The controls are simple: one button is to jump, and the other to shoot rocks at enemy's. Well the jumping is as if Tom has too many treasures he found in his pockets, you just can't jump over things easily. I'm gonna be honest with you, I never got past the first level, yes it is because I suck at most (sh**ty) platformers. The first level drops you off in a pirate ship full of totally unpredictable enemy's. Good luck getting past the first level in one or two tries, because you gotta make a pattern for each event. This game is HARD, I MEAN REALLY, REALLY HARD. I doubt the average gamer could get past two level in this game, not that they would want to, cause this game is as boring as hell. I think you get the idea here, it's extremely difficult, and no fun at all.

GRAPHICS
Well all I know is that in the first level, the game is completely hideous. At least when I played it on VNES, for some reason I don't remember it looking like this:

From what I hear, the game looks decent. But does not makeup for the horrible gameplay.

I might add to this review, I know its not as great as your guy's review, but hell its a start.
Published by
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road
Sponsored Links
By Lukario on 08-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Review ET next.

From what you said, this game sucks. Won't play.

Lukario
By marvman3 on 08-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Cool

What the hell.....

Marvman sees that Mr. Jekyll is following the footsteps of
AVGN and Irategamer.....

But honestly its good to see some variety.

Really looking foward to ye next piece of crap game to review.

Rockn.

Is there any possibilty of a YT vid to go with it?

Marvman would like to see some gameplay action.
By Mario on 08-29-2008, 05:50 PM
LOL...Funny review Jekyll
Comment

Tags
tom sawyer nes