Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Microsoft Xbox

Notices

Microsoft Xbox Post anything relating to Microsoft Xbox and Xbox One.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,642, Level: 100 Points: 37,642, Level: 100 Points: 37,642, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Why You Shouldn't Buy an Xbox One.

In case anyone had the "difficult" choice of buying either a PS4 or Xbox One, here's just a few reasons why you shouldn't even consider the Xbox.

-Microsoft/Publishers to receive cut of Xbox One pre-owned sales at retail.
You'll get less than you usually would for a trade-in, and they'll be sold with a higher profit margin in order for everyone involved to get a cut.
Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/publi...retail/0116137

-The Kinect is mandatory, and canít be turned off.
Always on, always watching/listening, giving Microsoft feedback. That's very intrusive to our privacy, and in order for your system to work, Kinect needs to be working. Hopefully Microsoft's quality on Kinect is better than the 360.
Source: http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/a...ew-motion-sens

-Lending a friend your game? He will need to pay full price of the game.
"You'll have to pay a feeóand not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that gameóin order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison said."
The Only way your friend doesn't have to buy the game (At full price) is if you are there signed into your account.
Source: http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-t...cros-509140825

-The Xbox One Voice Commands Weren't in Real-time
Source: http://me.ign.com/en/news/11383/fyi-...t-in-real-time

-Microsoft confirms indie developers canít self-publish games on Xbox One
Independent game developers who are excited about selling new games on the Xbox One got some bad news on Wednesday. Microsoft confirmed to ShackNews that independent developers cannot self-publish their own games on Xbox Live Arcade, and are instead required to partner with Microsoft Game Studios or a third-party publisher. The policy is completely different from those employed by Sony and Nintendo.
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/microsoft-conf...015050725.html

-Sony are actively pushing 60fps, 1080p
We might see slightly smoother framerates on PS4," he said. "We're working with Sony right now, and they're trying to actively push 60 frames per second, 1080p. You might get situations where the graphics will be a little, but not much, lower quality on the Xbox One. Or, you might get some fixed at 30 frames per second situations in 1080p. It depends on the scale of the game. If your game is going to push the heck out of the PS4, you might have to do some little tweaks [for the Xbox One version].
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ing-and-tvtvtv

-Microsoft using Kinect as Visual DRM
Kinect 2 will be able to employ certain DRM measures depending on what it observes in the living room.
ExtremeTech reports that Microsoft has filed for a patent that allows Kinect to monitor the number of viewers in the room. It then cross-checks this with the maximum number of viewers permitted by the licence that a user agrees to when purchasing or renting content.
If it is deemed that too many people are present, the user will be prompted to pay an additional fee to upgrade the licence.
Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-e...emerge/0116138

-Devs express disappointment with Xbox One over Twitter
Source: http://www.destructoid.com/devs-expr...r-254326.phtml

-Sony's PS4 GPU is over 50% more powerful
"Sony gave the PS4 50% more raw shader performance, plain and simple (768 SPs @ 800MHz vs. 1152 SPs & 800MHz). Unlike last generation, you don't need to be some sort of Jedi to extract the PS4's potential here. The Xbox One and PS4 architectures are quite similar, Sony just has more hardware under the hood."
Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/x...laystation-4/5

-Xbox One uses more GPU power for it's OS systems
"The game is loaded in memory and is fully running. The game has full access to the reserved system resources, which are six CPU cores, 90 percent of GPU processing power, and 5 GB of memory"
With the Xbox One running 3 OS systems simultaneously, it cuts into game resources. While Sony's OS usage is still a rumor, it's very likely that it only needing 1 GB is spot on.
Sources: http://gimmegimmegames.com/2013/05/m...ram-for-games/
http://ps4daily.com/2013/04/playstat...pers-7-gb-ram/
http://kotaku.com/the-five-possible-...ngel-509597078

-PS4 has more raw power and more mature (better) dev tools than Xbox One
Source: http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/avalanch...x-one-1929247/

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Zero
Smashing Brothers
Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 
Total Awards: 4

Nice round up of good points.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,163, Level: 93 Points: 23,163, Level: 93 Points: 23,163, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Don't forget that the XboxOne seems tailormade for US audiences, and seems to disregard European and Japanese interests(despite Microsoft saying otherwise)
Old 05-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,642, Level: 100 Points: 37,642, Level: 100 Points: 37,642, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 

^No more bullet-hell exclusives then. I'd say it's a shame but hopefully they'll move over to PS4 or Wii U now.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
Don't forget that the XboxOne seems tailormade for US audiences, and seems to disregard European and Japanese interests(despite Microsoft saying otherwise)
>implying Microsoft cared for the Japanese market to begin with

The used games thing is still a major toss-up. Right now they're playing the blame game against the press over the debacle. They're making it harder than it needs to be; just tell us, yes or no, if there's a damn fee.

None of this is leaving a good impression on me. I think in this next gen I'll buy a PS4 and run a PS + Nintendo setup.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Frankly, I don't think enough has been announced for either to really say that one isn't worth buying. For all we know the X1 will make fresh crumpets every morning, and dispense them based on what the Kinect sees, and the PS4 will cost 800 USD. Who knows? Wait til E3 at least.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,676, Level: 100 Points: 57,676, Level: 100 Points: 57,676, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Wait so...the Kinect will basically be like a bug that allows Microsoft to eavesdrop on everything you say in your living room?

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Yeah, I was out when I heard about watermarked discs. Was actually out personally after finding the 360 very mediocre at best. This all just adds to it. At least there's other options out there. The beauty of console competitions.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirManguydude View Post
Frankly, I don't think enough has been announced for either to really say that one isn't worth buying. For all we know the X1 will make fresh crumpets every morning, and dispense them based on what the Kinect sees, and the PS4 will cost 800 USD. Who knows? Wait til E3 at least.
But it's a games console ["entertainment system"], not a toaster. But yeah, in terms of games waiting until E3 seems viable. I just don't think any amount of new FPS' is going to pull me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
Wait so...the Kinect will basically be like a bug that allows Microsoft to eavesdrop on everything you say in your living room?
I think Microsoft is working with the Government on this one.

/joke

Old 05-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69 Points: 11,149, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
But it's a games console ["entertainment system"], not a toaster. But yeah, in terms of games waiting until E3 seems viable. I just don't think any amount of new FPS' is going to pull me in.
Also I have to say that Microsoft's use of the term Entertainment System, reminds me of the aftermath of the 1983 Videogame Crash. Something that is happening again, as we speak. They are calling the X1 an Entertainment System not a game console(XES anyone?), and they have announced that they will be serving a BUNCH of new IPs, which is good of course.

Also, it may actually be a toaster in disguise.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps4, xbox one