Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Member Game Reviews > Nintendo Wii Reviews

Notices

Nintendo Wii Reviews Section for all Nintendo Wii Game Reviews and Wiiware Reviews

Comment

Review Tools
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Published by Cloud7
08-28-2008
Author review
Graphics
95%95%95%
Storyline
100%100%100%
Controls/Gameplay
50%50%50%
Sound
100%100%100%
Average 86%

Hmmmmmm...........Sonic and the Secret Rings, not too much to say about this game but I will review it the best I can!

Well as always I am going to start off with telling a bit about the story! SooooOOoo..........the starts off with Sonic sleeping......or at least that is what I remember.......anyway he wake up and starts reading a book about the Arabian Nights and is sucked into the story book and there is where you adventure begins! He soon meets a genie named Shahra and she tells him about an evil genie named Erazor and he is trying to harness the power of the secret rings of the world to take over the book.......and eventually speard out of the book and into the real world. But soon after her telling him this Erazor comes and forces Sonic to collect the rings and I mean forced him with his life........Erazor Shot him with a flaming arrow in the heart and if he doesn't collect them all before the flame goes out he is toast. The story is good in this game so I will give it a 10!

The Graphics are up next! okay so for a near launch title it has awesome graphics taking the Wii to it's limits with all the different textures and enviroments that all are very unique. The Characters look really cool in this game and I am first to admit it and they look really good! Well I not too much else to say about the graphics but I give it a 9.5!

Okay next the controls and gameplay..........here is where things start to take a bit of a turn..............and it is not pretty! OKay so the basic way you move is you hold it sideways and tilt it to run and the more you tilt the faster you run and to turn you tilt the controler in the way you want him to move................But here is the drawback if you tilt it too far while tilting forward you will start running backwards and it really made me mad................very mad, but after I found the tilt point I didn't have too much trouble with that...........then it was something else...............it was the way you move from side to side andn hear me out on this one........if you are not running at the right speed or whatnot you can't move sideways and if you are in a boss fight and the boss has projectiles you are.........what's a good word to put here.........oh yeah.................dead!! But now there are alot of other things to do besides the running and moving that get on my nerves one is the homing attack it is way too complicated and you can pull muscles trying to do it because you have to keep your controler level and then push it tword the screen as hard as you can which hurts if you push it way to hard and the sad part is that you have to push it forward hard because if you don't then you will not perform the homing attack! Among these controls there are loads more that are annoying I am not getting into these though. Okay next there is actually one part of the new controls I like and that is the Super Speed and the Time Break function which are pretty cool considering if you are still trying to speed up and there are projectiles coming at you either hit the boost and speed up or hit the time Break and move out of the way! Well the controls for the game were not good in my opinion! I give it a 5 out of 10!

Lastly the sound which rocks hard! The sound for the game is cool among the music in the game and the sound affects in the levels there is a voice cast that are really good at their jobs! The sound is awesome and I am glad it had such a good sound track to it or I wouldn't have gotten it! I give the sound a 10!

By all means the game is fun But the controls well.........suck! But it has some extremely fun party games!

okay here is a couple of videos!

BTW If you Heard this song but don't have the game go pick up you copy of Brawl being that you have unlocked all the music but it is there!

Hope this review informed you well!

~Cloud
Published by
Silent Lurker
Cloud7 will become famous soon enoughCloud7 will become famous soon enough
Sponsored Links
By Skreamo on 08-28-2008, 11:08 PM
i hate this damn game lol
good review though
By Tencade Kazarian on 08-28-2008, 11:24 PM
I may be the #1 FAN of SONIC but This game...... Was BAD.
The Controls are the ONLY bad part of this Game.

Nice Review Cloud
By Mario on 08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Cloud you are becoming a master at Game Reviews!!! Good Review.... Sad to see the bad ratings on this game...Won't be adding this one to my collection of Wii Games.
By Tencade Kazarian on 08-29-2008, 06:55 PM
The Controls are the WORST Part....
I dont like How Sonic Runs By himself.
By wakeboardhero on 08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
cool reaview... havent played the game yet though lol....
By Zero on 08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Sonic & the Secret Rings wasn't too bad. It was definitely one of the better Sonic games to comes out recently nonetheless.

Excellent review.
By smashfan120 on 09-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Great review but the game kinda sucked when i played it.
By Xice on 10-09-2008, 06:37 AM
The Review Kicks Ass but the Game just Bored me Out a little.
By SuperSmashBros256 on 07-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Member reviews
Graphics
80%80%80%
Storyline
80%80%80%
Controls/Gameplay
90%90%90%
Sound
90%90%90%
Average 85%
This game was pretty cool. I actually liked the controls. The graphics were good i suppose (i don't care much for graphics), and DarkSpine kicks ass!
Comment