Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,456, Level: 95 Points: 24,456, Level: 95 Points: 24,456, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Microsoft clears up Xbox One confusion

After the reveal event, it was a PR disaster, with them saying things that both conflicted reports they said earlier(by people at high positions nonetheless), and revealing info that absolutely confused everyone. Today, Microsoft has cleared some of the confusion

ON ALWAYS ONLINE
Quote:
As explained by Microsoft, “Xbox One is designed to run in a low-powered, connected state. This means your system, games and apps are always current and ready to play—no more waiting for updates. While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.”

“With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

Microsoft added "because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you’re not playing."
LENDING, RENTING, AND USED GAMES
Quote:
Microsoft also spelled out its policies on game lending, trade-ins and rentals. "In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends."

“We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

Microsoft says "your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you." The company added that “Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.”

It's worth noting that Microsoft allows you to gift games to friends but they can't borrow them. Microsoft added that "loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."

However, anyone can play games using your console. "Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games," Microsoft says. "Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you."

Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One." Similar to Xbox 360, "a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."
INSTALLATIONS AND DOWNLOADS
Quote:
Microsoft says "you’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly."

Players will be able to access their library from other consoles. "After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games."
KINECT
Quote:
According to Xbox's official site, "at Microsoft, we prioritize your privacy. We understand that your personal data and privacy are important. Xbox One and Kinect will provide tools to put you in control of your data."

Microsoft stresses that "you are in control of what Kinect can see and hear. By design, you will determine how responsive and personalized your Xbox One is to you and your family during setup. The system will navigate you through key privacy options, like automatic or manual sign in, privacy settings, and clear notifications about how data is used. When Xbox One is on and you’re simply having a conversation in your living room, your conversation is not being recorded or uploaded."

Players will also control whether Kinect is on, off or paused. "If you don’t want the Kinect sensor on while playing games or enjoying your entertainment, you can pause Kinect. To turn off your Xbox One, just say 'Xbox Off.' When the system is off, it’s only listening for the single voice command -- 'Xbox On,' and you can even turn that feature off too. Some apps and games may require Kinect functionality to operate, so you’ll need to turn it back on for these experiences."

Your personal data will never be available to anyone outside of your console, Microsoft stressed. "You can play games or enjoy applications that use data, such as videos, photos, facial expressions, heart rate and more, but this data will not leave your Xbox One without your explicit permission."
SOURCE - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-always-online

There you have it, even if you can't connect online after the 24-hour mark, you can still watch movies and TV....
Old 06-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,737, Level: 100 Points: 52,737, Level: 100 Points: 52,737, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
xboxboner will fail. Micro$haft is scrambling just like what they are doing with Windows 8. Listen to your customers you dolts!

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

My Mood: Lonely
SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 
Total Awards: 12

At least they cleared the air of it. I like how they are leaving it up to the publishers on whether or not they use the licensing fee for used games. This quite effectively gives the publishers enough rope to hang themselves. Hopefully since EA is pulling out of Online Passes, they won't be doing the License Transfer Fee either.

They have also clarified that the Kinect hasn't changed it's privacy setting much at all, except now you can say "Xbox On" to turn on your console.

And finally, I live in a first world country, in a city. I don't have any problems with my internet connection, unless of course, the power were to go out for whatever odd reason, such as a storm, but that rarely if ever happens as all the power lines in my neighborhood are underground from the nearby power substation. Thus my internet is always on for better or worse.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

SirManguydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 8

My internet depends on whether or not my landlord remembers to pay the bill, so kinda sucks for me. Internet was out for most of the day today, only just now came back on. That and people hacking really worries me. I don't trade in my games, but I do share games with my friends. From what they're saying though, if you have their gamertag on your system, up to 10 people can share the game without any penalty. Can someone tell me if I am reading this right? As of right now, we're already on eachother's system anyway for when we play at eachother's house and we share the family xbox live since it's cheaper if we split it four ways. So if that were the case, we would be both be able to play the same game on both systems at the same time, right? I think I'm reading all that right...
SanePsychoSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73 Points: 12,473, Level: 73

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
They are still royally screwing up with the whole used games thing. They're still trying to screw over people who sell their games on eBay or second-hand. I'm still not going to buy this and I honestly hope the thing flops hard so that way they learn a lesson.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,659, Level: 100 Points: 38,659, Level: 100 Points: 38,659, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanePsychoSuper View Post
From what they're saying though, if you have their gamertag on your system, up to 10 people can share the game without any penalty. Can someone tell me if I am reading this right? As of right now, we're already on eachother's system anyway for when we play at eachother's house and we share the family xbox live since it's cheaper if we split it four ways. So if that were the case, we would be both be able to play the same game on both systems at the same time, right? I think I'm reading all that right...
Isn't it going to be just like it is with the 360, where you can activate your gamertag on another console, but then when you get back home you have to re-activate it for use on yours? The person can't go on your gamertag without activating it and they need your password. Even if they had it, you can't use the same one on two consoles at once.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert
User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element User owns 1x Mirror Shield User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Master Sword
User owns 1x Heart Tank User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Black Belt

SirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond reputeSirManguydude has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Super Member Good Grammar Award Yoshi Signature of the Month Banner of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukario View Post
They are still royally screwing up with the whole used games thing. They're still trying to screw over people who sell their games on eBay or second-hand. I'm still not going to buy this and I honestly hope the thing flops hard so that way they learn a lesson.
They aren't screwing anyone. They are merely making a system available for publishers and developers to use. That is equivalent for blaming companies like Bushmaster or Smith & Wesson for school shootings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Isn't it going to be just like it is with the 360, where you can activate your gamertag on another console, but then when you get back home you have to re-activate it for use on yours? The person can't go on your gamertag without activating it and they need your password. Even if they had it, you can't use the same one on two consoles at once.
How 360 works is if the Gamertag isn't native to that console you are trying to login with, you have to enter the password associated with that account. When you go home, you don't need to do anything when you log on.

A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 8

Quote:
My gamertag is on my friends system (and theirs is on ours) and we don't have to enter passwords. We have them saved on both. They cannot get on mine while I'm currently on and they can only use my games from my account, not on theirs even though mine is on their system.

Quote:
Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One." Similar to Xbox 360, "a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time."
This is what I was talking about though.
SanePsychoSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,659, Level: 100 Points: 38,659, Level: 100 Points: 38,659, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Well, not in Europe. Whenever I got back I had to do some sort of activation thing which deactivated it on my friends 360. It was last year so I can't remember exactly what it was called, but it was like you had to download all your data onto the friends Xbox, but it took it off the other Xbox. Idk, maybe Microsoft hates Europe.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #10
SirManguydude
LoZ Expert

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well, not in Europe. Whenever I got back I had to do some sort of activation thing which deactivated it on my friends 360. It was last year so I can't remember exactly what it was called, but it was like you had to download all your data onto the friends Xbox, but it took it off the other Xbox. Idk, maybe Microsoft hates Europe.
They changed it about 6 months ago, that might be why.