Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Game Guides

Notices

Game Guides Game Guides and FAQ

Comment

Article Tools
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Guide Part 2 (Shops and Special Characters)
Published by SuperGamecube64
06-11-2013

Index

1. Introduction
2. Shops and Buildings
A. Post Office Prizes
3. Special Characters
A. Brewster's Part Time Payments
B. Celeste's Gift Shop Items
C. Dr.Shrunk's Emoticons
D. Gulliver's Gifts
E. Katie's Gifts
F. K.K. Slider's Songs
G. Pascal's Gifts
H. Phineas' Badges
I. Saharah's Floors and Wallpapers
J. Snowboy's Gifts
K. Snowmam's Gifts
L. Snowman's Gifts
M. Snowtyke's Gifts
N .Fortune Cookie Prizes
4. Island
A. Exclusive Fish
B. Exclusive Insects
C. Exclusive Fruit
D. The Island Shack
E. Tours
5. Closing

1. Introduction

Welcome to Part 2 of my Animal Crossing: New Leaf guide! I am a huge Animal Crossing fan, and have been playing since the US release of the first game on the Gamecube. I hope my guide will be of use to you, and if I have made any errors, or you have any comments feel free to ether leave a comment here, or cotnact me via www.facebook.com/SGC64 , I'd love to ehar from you. Furthermore, donations are graciously accepted via paypal at SuperGamecube64@gmail.com , and while donations are far from necessary, they will be greatly appreciated. I did save you $20 by writing this guide series,afterall. Please note that this game was just released in America, and so I will undoubtedly become more knowledgeable in the future. This guide may be edited to reflect such. At the end of my previous part, I stated that this part would include a couple of things, such as Public Works, which I have decided to move to another part of the guide instead.

2. Shops and Buildings

There are a number of shops and buildings in New Leaf, many of which are new to the series. Some of these shops will appear on main street while others will actually open up within your town itself. Certain shops will expand and grow, or only come to town when certain requirements are met.

Town Hall
Hours: 24/7

Town Hall is where you can go to get advice from Isabelle, change your town tune, flag, or to set up ordinances and public works.

Re-Tail
Hours: 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.(default),6 a.m. - 11 p.m.(Early Riser),9 a.m. - 3 a.m.(Night Owl)

Re-Tail is a quaint little shop located somewhere in your village. It has multiple functions, and will likely be your go-to shop most of the time. Not only do the locals appreciate it more if you sell to Re-Tail, but Timmy and Tommy are actually middle-men and will pay slightly less for items than Re-Tail.

In Re-Tail, NPC villagers as well as yourself and any other human players in your town may put up items for sale. you can sometimes get really good deals this way. Alternatively, if you spot a villager inside the store, and speak to them they just might consult you about a purchase.

Each day, if you check the sign outside, Re-Tail will be looking for a specific item or species of fish or insect. If you sell that item on that day, you can get double what you normally would. Sometimes, this isn't really worth going out of your way, but if it's a high priced fish, it's well worth your time to find a couple.

By talking to reese, the pink Llama, you can also check the turnip prices. Every day, there will be a morning and an afternoon price. You can buy turnips every Sunday morning from Joan. The trick to it is to buy them when they are cheap, and sell them to reese when the price is higher than what you invested. Be sure to sell your turnips within the week, or they will spoil.

Lastly, you may have noticed the blue Llama snoozing away in the corner. This is Cyrus, and he will eventually wake up, allowing you to have him customize your furniture! The requirements to have him finally catch up on his sleep are quite specific, however. While no one is is 100% certain, and even the official guide mentions nothing, it seems you need to have played for a week, owned 50 furniture items, 10 clothing tops, and made 10,000 Bells via selling to Reese. Sheesh!

Train Station

The Train Station has made a triumphant return in New Leaf, and I must say I'm extremely happy to see it make a comeback, even if it's an amtrak instead of an old steam engine. It just makes so much more sense to me than a town gate. the Station is where you will find Porter, who will assist you in both departing to visit other towns either via local wireless or a wireless internet connection, or allowing other players to visit your town instead.

Photo Booth

A tiny booth on the left side of Main Street that, for 500 bells, allows you to take a new photo for your Town Pass Card (TPC). If you've learned any emotions from Dr.Shrunk, you can use them before the picture snaps. You may also use the L and R buttons to apply black and white or sepia filters.

Nook's Homes
Hours: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (default), 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Early Riser), 10 a.m. - 12 a.m.(Night Owl)

In this entry, Tom is no longer running the general store, however he seems to have made his carpentry side hobby his main business attraction. Just like before, you'll be paying Tom Nook way too much money, only to expand your home and do it all over again. But wait! There's more! You can now give Nook even MORE money for exterior decor! You can buy doors for you home, roofs, even fences and hedges!

After you pay off your first house upgrade, you should receive a letter from the Happy Home Academy(HHA). Lyle, an HHA representative will begin working at Nook's Homes. you can speak to him to get any information on the HHA you need, but to sum it up, they're snobs that judge your house and give you a score. It can be fun to try and impress them, but it's far from mandatory. Either way, we'll talk more about that later

Post Office

The Post Office is used for a couple of things. Firstly, as you may have assumed, you may send letters to the town residents here. Furthermore, you can store mail you've received for safe keeping.

The Post Office's other function is that it contains the only ATM(Automatic Teller Machine) in town. Of course, in Animal Crossing it's called an Automatic Bell Dispenser, or ADB. Via the ADB you can store bells in your savings account or withdraw them. Furthermore, it is through the ADB that you must pay back Tom Nook for your home upgrades.

If you save up enough money in the ADB, you will be rewarded.

A. Post Office Prizes
NAME/VALUE/SAVINGS REQUIRED
Box of tissues/1,280/100,000
Letter set/1,200/500,000
Piggy bank/4,480/1,000,000
Aluminum briefcase/1,200/5,000,000
Post-office poster/400/10,000,000
Safe/758/20,000,000
Mailman's hat/2,000/50,000,000
ADB/1,000/100,000,000

Nookling Junction
Hours: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. (Default), 6 a.m. - 10 p.m. (Early Riser), 8 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Night Owl)

Nook has passed his old business on to his nephews, also known as the Nooklings. This store will go through several upgrades, and will be your main source for furniture and tools. While they will buy your items from you, you shouldn't sell to them. Not only will the locals appreciate you selling to Re-Tail more, but Re-Tail will also pay you more.

T&T Mart
Hours: 7 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Default), 6 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Early Riser), 7 a.m. - 5 a.m. (Night Owl).

Once you've spent 25,000 total bells at Nookling Junction, they will upgrade. It also has to have been 10 days since you started the town. T&T mart has longer hours and a larger selection, as well as introducing the catalogue machine, which allows you to mail order any items you've had in the past.

Super T&T
Hours: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Default), 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Early Riser), 9 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Night Owl)

I'm beginning to notice a pattern here...
Super T&T is bigger than the previous store, and that's about the only new difference other than the hours being scaled back unless you are using the Night Owl Ordinance. I order to get this store, Leif must have opened the Gardening Store, 10 must have passed since the opening of T&T Mart, and furthermore you must have spent another 25,000 bells there.

T.I.Y.
Hours: 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Default), 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Early Riser), 9 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Night Owl)

aww, I was going to make a reference to AC/DC's "TNT at this point. Oh well! This store is called "T&T Home Center" in the Japanese version though. Due to this, one could assume it is supposed to be a home improvement store like Lowes or Home Depot. This is further emphasised by the fact that it has now merged with the Gardening Store. In other to achieve this upgrade, it must have been 21 days since the opening of Super T&T. Furthermore, you must have spent 50,000 bells in the store.

T&T Emporium
Hours: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Default), 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Early Riser), 9 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Night Owl)

This is the final upgrade to the Nookling's store. It consists of 3 floors, one being gardening, one being furniture, and one being GracieGrace, a store filled with super expensive designer furniture sets.In order to unlock this expansion, 30 days have to have passed since the last one, you must have spent 100,000 bells in the store, and finally, you have to impress Gracie's snobby self 4 times. This store is massive compared to the others, and it's quite the sight. Own could say it's...dynamite. OHO! I told you I could make an AC/DC reference!

Gardening Store
Hours:9 a.m. - 8 p.m.(default), 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Early Riser), 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Night Owl)

Th Gardening Store is where you can buy axes, and seeds, and saplings and other such things. To get it, simply perform 50 gardening tasks after receiving 100% approval rating. For example, plant trees, water flowers, or pull weeds. Eventually, it will merge with the Nooklings' store.

Able Sisters
Hours:10 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Default), 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. (early Riser), 10 a.m. - 12 a.m. (Night Owl)

Able Sisters is the place to go for anything wearable. the store is divided into two halves. One is manned by Sable and Mable. Speaking to Mable will allow you to create custom clothing, while speaking to Sable will eventually allow you to use a sewing machine to scan QR codes. On the other side of the store, Labelle sells accessories, such as hats and umbrellas.

Kicks
Hours: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (defaut), 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Early Riser), 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Night Owl)

After T&T Mart has opened, and you have spent 8,000 bells at able Sisters, a skunk named Kicks will open up a show store. as you may have assumed, you can buy footwear hear.

Shampoodle
Hours: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Default), 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (Early Riser), 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Night Owl)

If you spend 10,000 bells between the Able Sisters and Kicks, and it has been at least 8 days since the opening of Kicks, Shampoodle will open up in the suite above Able Sisters. Here you can get your hairstyle changed, colored, or eventually get eye contacts.

Museum

The museum is manned by Blathers, and since he is an owl he is often napping during the daytime. When you first start, the museum will be quite barren, but you can donate fossils, paintings, insects, and fish to change this.

Museum 2F

After you have donated 20 items to the museum, at least 1 of each type, and built up a friendship with Blathers, he will mention the idea of expanding the Museum as long as you have the first shop upgrade. You can then expand it as a Public Works project. The second floor is run by his little sister, Celeste, and is a gift shop. It contains many items unavailable anywhere else. Furthermore, she will let you rent an exhibit to hang out in with friends.

The Roost

After you have donated 50 items, and the 2nd Floor has been open for a week, Blathers again will suggest another public works project, though not for the museum. The Roost can be built anywhere in town you like. here, you can drink coffee, though there seems to be no benefit to this other than befriending Brewster. If you become close enough to him, he will let you work there part time for some exclusive rewards.

Club LOL
Hours: 12 p.m. - 2 a.m. (Default), 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Early Riser), 12 p.m. - 5 a.m. (Night Owl)

Ok, I want to say that Nathan Bihldorff and his localization team are a vital asset to Nintendo, and in past Animal Crossing games, they did an amazing job of properly translating text while inject popular references Americans would recognize...and then they did this. What the hell, Bihldorff? You will never live this down.

So, despite it's really dumb name, Club LOL is...well, a night club. Not long after T&T Mart opens, Dr.Shrunk will visit and tell you he wants to open the club, but he needs people to sign the petition. Guess who has to handle that? After you get the signatures, the club is open for business. At 8 p.m., Skrillex Slider...oh, I mean DJ K.K. will play techno music, which you can actually dance to. Come a bit earlier, and you get a free comedy show from Shrunk. I love the idea of KK being able to DJ as well as rock out, but were the hipster glasses really necessary? They really..."wub" me the wrong way. AHAHAHAHA! AHAHAHA...haha...ha...why aren't you laughing?

Fortune-Teller's Shop
Hours: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Default), 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. (Early Riser), 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. (Night Owl)

Katrina will visit your town to tell fortunes once a week, but after she has told 20 fortunes in your town, she will become interested in a permanent business on Main Street. It will then be available as a public works project. Katrina's fortunes can cause good luck, bad luck, or even just something strange.

Police Station

Eventually, one of your villagers will recommend that your town have a Police station. It will then be available as a Public Works. This staton can placed wherever you want, and there are two versions available. the "Classic Station) is constructed of wood and run by Booker while the "Modern Station" is more like the one from the Gamecube game and is run by Copper. The functions of the Police Station include informing you of special visitors, and handling the lost and found.

Reset Surveillance Center
Hours: Depends on when Resetti feels like dealing with your crap, McCheater pants! (But seriously, it's random)

In past Animal Crossing games, resetting or powering off without saving causes Mr. Resetti to give you a good chewing out, and play a few tricks on you. This time around, he'll only do it once unless you build the Surveillance Center. So, I guess if you wanted to be a little wussy cheater, you could just not ever build this Public Works Project. Alternatively, if you share a town with other players and are the mayor, and those players happen to cheat a lot, you could technically build it just as a way of saying "**** you guys, I'm the mayor!"

You can only build this after someone has reset once, you might have to purposely be a scumbag yourself on purpose to gain access. why would you want to do this? Well, because there's a chance you can go speak to Mr.Resetti on rare occasions, and deep down, underneath that hard hat, and fear inducing grimace, Resetti is just a lovable hard working serial killer who wants to plant his pickaxe in your cheating skull mole.

Happy Home Showcase

After you are introduced to the HHS, Digby, Isabelle's twin brother will always be standing at the gate at the back of Main Street. Here, you can use streetpass to visit random players homes. You can get new ideas for your own home, or just see how creative people are!

Dream Suite

If you have connected to wi-fi at least once, rather that was to pay multiplayer or download a gift from Nintendo,, this will be available as a Public Works Project. This is similar to the Happy Home Showcase, except it lets you visit other player's town's at random via a dream. Also, since it's a dream, you're free to run amok with no consequences!

3. Special Characters

Special Characters differ from normal characters or villagers in that they typically operate a business or are of importance. Some are in every town, while some are special visitors. These characters will be listed in alphabetical order.

Blanca
A white cat with no face. In previous games, she would appear randomly in player's towns, where you could draw on her face. this time around, she shows up on April Fool's Day impersonating your town's inhabitants. I like to call her Slendercat myself.

Blathers
Blathers is an owl who looks after the Museum. In previous games, he had a serious case of blabbermouth and would ramble on about the items you are donating. In New Leaf he seems to have gotten his tongue under control, though he almost slips up sometimes. Blathers accepts donations for the Museum and also identifies fossils.

Booker
Booker is a police officer. He is a dog, and resembles a bulldog. Booker is quite forgetful, but he means well. If you select to have the Classic Station, Booker will be your town's policeman, who will take care of the lost and found and inform you of visitors.

Brewster
Brewster is a pigeon, and an old acquaintance of Blathers. They met when they were younger and lived in a large city together. Eventually, Blathers will ask you if Brewster can open a cafe in town. Brewster makes some of the best coffee around, and though he's soft spoken, he's a pretty cool guy. I guess we know who did most of the listening in this friendship...if you become close enough friends with him, he will let you work for him part time.

A. Brewster's Part Time Payments
NAME/VALUE
Brewstoid/3,312
Cafe uniform/360
Coffee cup/2,000
Coffee grinder/1,600
Coffeemaker/800
Cream and sugar/1,000
Espresso maker/500
Good coffee beans/4,000
Mega brewstoid/3,312
Mini brewstoid/3,312
Normal coffee beans/2,000
Siphon/1,780
Superb coffee beans/8,000
Tall brewstoid/3,312

Celeste
Celeste is Blathers little sister, and once you add a second floor to the Museum, she will run the gift shop.

B. Celeste's Gift Shop Items
NAME/COST
Exhibit-room wall/400
Exhibit-room floor/400
Museum wall/2,000
Museum floor/2,000
Arrow Sign/3,500
Display Stand/1,500
Exhibit Partition/3,000
Fancy frame/10,000
Flat display case/2,500
Glass display case/2,000
Museum chaie/3,000
Poster stand/2,500
Reception Table/2,000
Rope partition/1,800
Tall display case/2,500
Thermohygrometer/1,500
Silver shovel/500[after donating 15 fossils]
Paintball floor/1,600[after donating 20 paintings]
Dig-site floor/1,600[after donating 30 fossils]
Silver rod/500[after donating 30 fish or sea creatures]
Silver net/500[after donating 30 insects]
Underwater floor/1,600[after donating 50 fish or sea creatures]
Jungle floor/1,600[after donating 50 insects]
Paintball wall/1,600[after donating all art]
Underwater wall/1,600[after donating all fish and sea creatures]
Dig-site wall/1,600[after donating all fossils]
Jungle wall/1,600[after donating all insects
Museum model/1,800[after completing Museum]

Chip
Chip is a beaver who sees over fishing events.

Cyrus
A blue llama carpenter who will customize furniture for you - if he catches up on his sleep that is. He is Reese's husband.

Digby
Digby is a dog, possible a Collie of some variety. He is the twin brother of Isabelle. Digby works for the Happy Home Academy and will let you tour spotpass houses.

DJ K.K.
K.K. Slider's weekday alias that denizens of your town are apparently too stupid to notice is just K.K. Slider with hipster glasses. To avoid confusion, let's just refer to him as Skrillex Slider. Sunday through Friday at Club LOL, Skrillex Slider will be on stage pumping of wubs and dropping that bass. He is a white dog.

Don Resetti
Mr.Resetti's brother. He is a slender mole who will occasionally reprimand cheaters in his brothers place. He is much more laid back than his brother.

Dr.Shrunk
Dr.Shrunk is a Salamander comedian who eventually opens Club LOL on Main Street. Much like Larry the Cable Guy or Gabriel Iglesias, he's really not funny, but for some reason people go to his shows anyway. You can learn emoticons to use online from him.

C. Dr.Shrunk's Emoticons
Aggravation
Agreement
Anger
Bashfulness
Cold Chill
Curiosity
Daydreaming
Delight
Disagreement
Disbelief
Distress
Fearful
Flourish
Glee
Greetings
Happiness
Heartbreak
Inspiration
Joy
Laughter
Love
Mischief
Mistaken
Outrage
Pride
Resignation
Sadness
Sheepishness
Shocked
Showmanship
Shrunk Funk Shuffle
Shyness
Sighing
Sleepy
Sneezing
Surprise
Thought
Worry

Franklin
A turkey who visits on Thanksgiving to cook a hgue feast for your town, but he needs your help to find the ingredients. He will reward you will parts of the Harvest Series of furniture.

Gracie
Gracie is a fashionista giraffe. She is incredibly famous, and high class...she's a snob. If you impress her enough, she'll open a third floor at the Nookling's store and sell her own series of high end furniture. Fun fact, in Japan, Gracie is male, leading some fans to believe that Gracie is either supposed to be a gay male or transgender. Sounds strange for a Nintendo game until you consider that Birdo is a crossdressing reptile that lays eggs despite technically being a man....let's move on, huh?

Grams
Kappn's mother who runs the island gift shop. She will give you Island exclusive items for medals (more info in the Island section).

D. Gulliver
After 2 games of being an astronaut, he is finally back to his original role as a sailor. Gulliver is a seagull who will occasionally wash ashore on your beach after being thrown overboard. He always has amnesia, but if you help him figure out where to go, he will reward you.

Gulliver's Gifts
*prices coming soon
Ayers Rock
Bagpipes
Big Ben
Chocolate coin
Conical straw hat
Dala horse
Dream catcher
Eiffel Tower
Gaudi's lizard
Gladiator sandals
Hula doll
Kinderdijk windmill
King Tut mask
Mannekin Pis
Matryoshka
Merlion
Mermaid Statue
Moai statue
Mouth of Truth
Nutcracker
Pagoda
Red-tasseled lantern
Rooster of Barcelos
Samgyetang
Shamrock clock
Sitar
Skeleton figurine
statue of Liberty
Tapestry
Tribal Mask
Tuk-Tuk

Harriet
A pink Poodle who runs the Shampoodle. She's very sweet and loves fashion and hair.

Isabelle
Isabelle is Digby's twin sister, and your faithful secretary. She works hard to make sure the town doesn't fall apart while you're fishing and travelling and dancing at clubs. Somehow she does it happily, and occasionally she even gets 1 hour of sleep! Nintendo has given Isabelle her own twitter account as well: https://twitter.com/animalcrossing

Jack
A mysterious being that visits your town on Halloween and will exchange Spooky furniture for lollipops. He wears a Jack-o-lantern over his head, and no one knows what is underneath.

Jingle
A reindeer who visits on Christmas and leaves gifts in your mailbox...if you were a good boy or girl.

Joan
An elderly boar sow who visits on Sunday mornings peddling turnips, which can fetch very high prices when the market is right.

Katie
Katie is a cat that will rarely visit. She loves to travel, but is afraid to travel alone, so if you bring her to a friend's town, she will reward your kindness.

Katie's Gifts
NAME/VALUE
Digital Photo frame/1,200
Globe/1,200
Katie's pic/40
Sketchbook/960
Toy Camera/960
World Map/1,200

Kapp'n
Kapp'n is a salty old sea dog...or rather a salty old kappa. But don't worry, this kappa isn't of the vampiric folklore variety. He's just a singing pirate guy that gives you a ride to Tortimer Island for 1,000 bells.

Katrina
a panther fortune teller who sets up shop on your plaza once a week. If she gets enough business, she'll ask you for a permanent spot on main street.

Kicks
A skunk who sells shoes. If the Able Sisters are making enough money, he'll set up shop next door.

K.K. Slider
K.K. Slider is a white dog who plays guitar at Club LOL on Saturday nights after 8 p.m. and will give you recordings of his songs. He is one of the most iconic Animal Crossing characters along with Tom Nook and Rover.

F. K.K. Slider's Songs
*All albums have a value of 3,200
K.K. Chorale
K.K. Fusion
K.K. March
K.K. Etude
K.K. Waltz
K.K. Lullaby
K.K Swing
K.K. Aria
K.K. Jazz
K.K. Samba
K.K. Bossa
K.K. Calypso
K.K. Salsa
K.K. Mambo
K.K. Reggae
K.K. Ska
K.K. Tango
K.K. Faire
Aloha K.K.
Lucky K.K.
K.K. Condor
K.K. Folk
K.K. Steppe
K.K. Rock
Imperial K.K
Rockin' K.K
K.K. Casbah
K.K. Ragtime
K.K. Safari
K.K. Gumbo
The K. Funk
K.K. Blues
Soulful K.K.
K.K. Soul
K.K. Cruisin'
K.K. Love Song
K.K. D&B
K.K. Technopop
DJ K.K.
Only Me
K.K. Country
Surfin' K.K.
K.K. Ballad
Comrade K.K.
K.K. Lament
Go K.K. Rider
K.K. Dirge
K.K. Western
MR. K.K.
cafe K.K.
K.K. Parade
Senor K.K.
K.K. Song
I Love You
Two Days Ago
My Place
Forest Life
To The Edge
Pondering
K.K. Dixie
K.K. Marathon
King K.K.
Mountain Song
Marine Song 2001
Neapolitan
Steep Hill
K.K. Rockabilly
Agent K.K.
K.K. Rally
K.K. Metal
Stale Cupcakes
Spring Blossoms
Wandering
K.K. House
K.K. Sonata
Hypno K.K.
K.K. Stroll
K.K. Island
Space K.K.
K.K. Adventure
K.K. Oasis
K.K. Bazaar
K.K. Milonga
K.K. Groove
K.K. Jongara
K.K. Flamenco
K.K. Moody
Bubblegum K.K.
K.K. Synth
K.K. Disco
K.K. Birthday

Labelle
Labelle is one of Animal Crossing's newer characters, but despite this she has one of the most troubled histories. She abandoned her sisters, Mable and Sable, for a while to pursue the life of a city fashionista. Her real name is Label (her sisters still call her that), but she changed her name to Labelle (pronounced "lah bell"). Her name is a pun on the fact that she sold designer clothes. She is the middle sister.

Leif
Leif is a sloth who runs the gardening store. He is quite eccentric to say the least.

Leila
A little kippa girl who has trouble with her "L"'s. She likes to play "pway supermarket" but she doesn't pay very much.

Leilani
Kappn's daughter who sets up tours on Tortimer Island. She is fun loving and friendly.

Lloyd
A gyroid assistant who takes donations towards town projects.

Luna
A tapir who runs the Dream Suite.

Lyle
an otter who represents the HHA. He can be found in Nook's Homes, and is your go-to guy for tips on getting a higher HHA score...or you can just use my guide, of course.

Mabel
Mabel is the youngest of the Able sisters. Her sisters more or less raised her, as their parents died when Mabel was very young. She is bubbly and sweet, and tends to the customers of the store.

Mr.Resetti
If you cheat by powering off without saving, you're likely to hear an earful from Mr.Resetti. he's got one short fuse, but he's just doing his job, and you're just making it harder by cheating!

Nat
A geeky chameleon who oversees bug catching events.

Pascal
A philosophical otter who can sometimes be found swimming in your water. If you give him a scallop, he will give you rare furniture in return.

G. Pascal's Gifts
G. NAME/VALUE
Anchor/1,900
Barrel/800
Helm/1,120
Jolly Roger/1,600
Keg/800
Prate's Armor/2,400
Sea View/4,000
Ship cannon/1,820
Ship compass/1,600
Ship deck/4,000
Vintage telescope/1,880

Pave
a peacock dancer who comes to your town during Festivale. You can trade him feathers for his signature furniture series.

Pelly
The daytime pelican clerk at the Post Office. She is very friendly and energetic. there used to be a rumor that she was dating Pete (much to Phyllis's' dismay), but it hasn't been brought up in recent games.

Pete
The mail pelican, who delivers letters in your village. Pete is very dutiful, but he might have a very quick spare moment to speak to you.

Phyllis
Pelly's sister and the night clerk pelican at the Post Office. She is very grumpy and unfriendly, but does her job well.

Phineas
Phineas is a classy sea lion who gives you medals for completing worthy tasks. He visits at random times.

H. Phineas' Badges
NAME/REQUIREMENT
Skilled Bug Catcher/Catch 500 Bugs
Expert Bug Catcher/Catch 2,000 Bugs
Master Bug Catcher/catch 5,000 Bugs
Skilled Angler/Catch 500 Fish
Expert Angler/Catch 2,000 Fish
Master Angler/Catch 5,000 Fish
Skilled Diver/Catch 100 Sea Creatures
Dive Pro/Catch 200 Sea Creatures
Dive Master/Catch 1,000 Sea Creatures
Insect Maniac/Catch 50% of insects
Insect Encyclopedia/ Catch 80% of insects
Prof. of Entomology/Complete insect encyclopedia
Fish Maniac/Catch 50% of fish
Fish Encyclopedia/Catch 80% of fish
Prof. of Ichthyology/Complete fish encyclopedia
Seafood Maniac/Catch 50% of sea creatures
Seafood Encyclopedia/Catch 80% of sea creatures
Seafood Encyclopedia/Complete your sea creature encyclopedia
Balloon Hunter/Shoot 30 balloons
Balloon Buster/Shoot 100 balloons
Balloon Master/Shoot 200 balloons
Bronze Medalist/Win 300 medals (island)
Silver Medalist/Win 300 medals(island)
Gold Medalist/Win 5,000 medal(island)
Backyard Gardener/Plant 100 trees and flowers
Village Gardener/Plant 250 trees and flowers
Gardening specialist/Plant 500 trees and flowers
Weed Hunter/Pull 500 weeds
Weed Buster/Pull 2,000 weeds
Weed Menace/Pull 5,000 weeds
Avid bell Saver/save 1,000,000 bells (bank)
Wealthy Bell Saver/save 10,000,000 bells (bank)
Tycoon Bell Saver/save 100,000,000 bells (bank)
Amateur Turnip Trader/Earn 500,000 on the stalk market
Pro Turnip Trader/Earn 3,000,000 on the stalk market
Master Turnip Trader/Earn 10,000,000 one the stalk market
Good Shopper/spend 500,000 bells shopping
Expert Shopper/Spend 2,000,000 bells shopping
Master Shopper/Spend 5,000,000 bells shopping
Refurbishing Beginner/Refurbish 30 items (Cyrus)
Refurbishing Expert/Refurbish 100 items(Cyrus)
Refurbishing Master/Refurbish 200 items(Cyrus)
Catalog Maniac Bronze/Complete 20% of catalog
Catalog Maniac Silver/Complete 50% of catalog
Catalog Maniac Gold/Complete 80% of catalog
Happy Homer Bronze/Earn 50,000 HHA points
Happy Homer Silver/Earn 100,000 HHA points
Happy Home Gold/Earn 150,000 HHA points
K.K. Slider Fan/See K.K. Slider live 20 times
K.K. Slider Fanboy(Fangirl)/See K.K. Slider live 50 times
K.K. Slider Diehard/See K.K. Slider live 100 times
Good Samaritan/Perform 50 favors
Great Samaritan/Perform 100 favors
Town Concierge/Perform 300 favors
Letter Writer/Write 50 letters
Letter Author/Write 100 letters
Postmaster/Write 200 letters
StreetPass Beginner/get tagged 100 times
StreetPass Expert/get tagged 300 times
StreetPass Master/get tagged 1,000 times
Neighborhood Traveler/visit 100 towns
World Traveler/visit 250 towns
Space Traveller/visit 500 towns
Good Host(hostess)/Invite 50 people over
Great Host(hostess)/Invite 200 people over
Goodwill Ambassador/ Invite 500 people over
Dreamer/use Dream Suite 50 times
Heavy Sleeper/use Dream Suite 200 times
Mr.(Mrs.)Sandman/use Dream Suite 500 times
Village Representative/Play for 50 hours
Village Leader/Play for 200 hours
Villager of Honor/Play for 500 hours

Porter
a monkey who tends the Train Station. He knows everything about the rails, so see him if you plan to travel.

Redd
A sly fox who peddles rare goods. Just watch out for counterfeits...

Reese
A pink llama and Cyrus' wife. She runs Re-Tail.

Rover
A friendly blue cat who's been living as a drifter since 2002.He loves to talk to people during train rides especially. He is one of the most iconic Animal Crossing characters, along with Tom Nook and K.K. Slider.

Sable
The eldest of the Able sisters. She is very quiet and attentive, but if you try hard enough she will eventually befriend you and let you use her sewing machine.She is very motherfly over Mabel, whom she raise due to their parent's death, and recently forgave her middle sister Label for leaving them.

Saharah
A chill camel from the desert, with exceptional tastes in home decor. For 3,000 bells she will visit your home and give you new flooring and wallpaper that matches your style.

I. Saharah's Wallpapers and Floors
NAME/VALUE
Ancient Tile/9,600
Ancient Wall/9,200
Backgammon Wall/7,200
Basement Floor/8,500
Basement Wall/7,500
Bath tile/6,800
Bathhouse Wall/6,000
Blue Tarp/5,600
Boxing-Ring mat/10,000
Chain-link fence/6,400
Chessboard rug/8,300
Classroom floor/6,000
Classroom wall/6,000
Closed road/6,500
Concrete floor/7,200
Concrete wall/6,400
Daisy meadow/7,200
Desert vista/9,000
Garden wall/6,400
Lunar Horizon/7,600
Lunar Surface/8,000
Meadow vista/8,000
Mortar wall/7,000
Mossy carpet/8,000
Music-room floor/7,200
Music-room wall/6,400
Office flooring/6,800
Office wall/7,000
Red tile/1,680
Ringside seating/9,000
Saharah's desert/7,200
Sand garden/7,000
Sandlot/6,800
Sci-fi floor/6,000
Sci-di wall/6,000
Shoji screen/7,500
Sidewalk/7,800
Sporty floor/2,000
Sporty wall/2,000
Tatami/8,500
Tree-lined wall/7,400
Western desert/6,800
Western vista/6,000

Snowboy
Roll 2 snowballs that are slightly smaller than the largest size and a Snowboy is born! For giving him his life, he will reward you.

J. Snowboy's Gifts
NAME/VALUE
Snowman wall/35,552
Snowman carpet/35,552
Snowman/12,000
Snowman bed/35,552
Snowman chair/35,552
Snowman clock/35,552
Snowman dresser/35,552
Snowman fridge/35,552
Snowman head/2,664
Snowman lam/35,552
Snowman sofa/35,552
Snowman table/35,552
Snowman VT/35,552
Snowman Vanity/35,552
Snowman wardrobe/35,552

Snowmam
Combine 2 half sized snowballs to create a lady snowman, or A snowmam! She will reward you for her creation.

K. Snowmam's Gifts
NAME/VALUE
Ice Wall/35,552
Ice Floor/35,552
Ice bed/35,552
Ice chair/35,552
Ice clock/35,552
Ice closet/35,552
Ice dresser/35,552
Ice lamp/35,552
Ice shelf/35,552
Ice side table/35,552
Ice sofa/35,552
Ice table/35,552
Ice vanity/35,552

Snowman
Snack two of the biggest possible snowballs to make a Snowman, who will reward you.

L. Snowman's Gifts
NAME/VALUE
Ski-slope wall/1,560
Ski-slope floor/1,560
Bobsled/4,800
Curling stone/1,600
Lift chair/4,800
Ski rack/2,000
Slalom gate/2,400
Snow machine/5,600
Snowboard/1,400
Snowmobile/3,600
Bingo card/?

Snowtyke
Stack to small snowballs to make Snowtyke. He will reward you for making him.

M. Snowtyke's Gifts
NAME/VALUE
Sleigh/1,200
Small igloo/600
Snow bunny/600
Snowman matryoshka/8,000

Timmy & Tommy Nook
Two raccoon twins (Tanooki's in Japan) and Tom Nook's nephews. They run the town's general store, and learn the tools of the trade from their good uncle. Their store will also carry a fortune cookie once a day, and it is through these fortunes that you can get highly sought after Nintendo themed items.

N. Fortune Cookie Prizes
*If you get a losing ticket, you will get a random gift for participating
** All Nintendo items sell for 840 bells
***All of these items are listed in numerical order by the nubmer on the bottom of their fortune.

Mushroom Mural
Block Floor
Hero's Clothes
[#4 loses]
Hero's Pants
[#6 loses]
Peach's Parasol
Hero's Cap
Majora's Mask
Samus Mask
Midna's Mask
Toad Hat
Red Pikmin
Blue Pikmin
Yellow Pikmin
[#16 loses]
Block
Coin
Goal Pole
Fire Flower
Super Mushroom
Green Shell
Super Star
1-Up Mushroom
? Block
Pipe
Fire Ball
Bill Blaster
Yoshi's Egg
[#30 loses]
Triple Red Shells
Kart
Pikmin
Blue Falcon
Master Sword
Arwing
Triforce
[#38 loses]
S.S. Dolphin
Virtual BOY
Wii Balance Board
Varia Suit Pants
Varia Suit Shoes
Bad Bro's Stache
Big Bro's Mustache
Varia Suit
Metroid
Triple Bananas
Hero's Boots
Fi Mask

Tom Nook
A real estate agent who sells homes and also does carpentry on the side, renovating homes. He sells you not only your home, but exterior upgrades and even size adjustments. He is friendly, but very business focused. He is also one of the most iconic Animal Crossing characters, along with Rover and K.K. Slider.

Tortimer
The town's previous mayor who retired to an island. He a very old turtle, and will take you on island tours.

Wendell
a walrus that is found in towns while using the dream suite. He will give you patterns from those towns.

Zipper T. bunny
a rather creepily happy bunny who visits on Easter. Find eggs he has hidden, and you'll be rewarded.

4. Island

After a few days, you'll be contacted by Tortimer, and invited to the island. The following day, Kapp'n will be waiting for you at the dock, and for 1,000 bells you can travel to the island. There are a few things you can do here, and it's actually possible to make quite a lot of money using the island. Furthermore, there are some fish and insects which can only be found on the island. It is always summer on the island. This is actually the second appearance of the island in an Animal Crossing game, the first being the Gamecube. This island is very different, however.

A more detailed list of fish and insects, including there seasons, will be later in the guide.

A. Exclusive Fish
Name/Rarity/Value/Size
Giant Trevally/2%/4,500/very large
Napoleon Fish/1%/10,000/huge
Ray/1%/1,000/very large
Ribbon Eel/5%/600/thin
Whale Shark/1%/13,000/finned

B. Exclusive Insects
Name/Rarity/Value
Hermit crab/3%/4,000

C. Exclusive Fruit
All island fruit is worth 250 bells. Fruit that grows on a palm tree (Coconuts and Bananas must be planted on your beach. Some fruit trees while already be planted outside of the island shack, however others can be found during tours. Persimmons and Bamboo will not be found on your island. These must be purchased from the Gardening Store after the final upgrade.

Coconuts
Bananas
Durians
Lychees
Lemons
Mangoes

D. The Island Shack
On the Gamecube, the island shack belonged to you, and could be decorated as your pleased like a second home. Here, however, it is where Kapp'n's family runs their business. Leilani will take you on island tours (more on those below), while the island store carries some rare items purchasable with tokens earned on those tours.

E. Island Tours
Island Tours are minigames that can be played alone or with friends to earn medals. Some of them are quite fun, but some seem mundane.

5. Closing
And here we are at the end of another part of this guide! I'm sorry I took my sweet time adding the island section, but as you know, things happen. In Part 3, there will be a complete villager list.
Published by
Futtbuck Bro no.1
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64

Article Tools
Sponsored Links
By Colorful CrAzYoNzZ on 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the info on shops. I was wondering when the others would open. :3
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-13-2013, 03:39 AM
Added MOST of the special villagers section. It took 2 hours and I'm still not done. You guys better be glad I'm doing this for you. -.-
By Konata on 06-13-2013, 06:41 AM
After a quick look at some of this I'm gonna have to go with night owl when I eventually get the game. I'll probably never even play it during the day.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
After a quick look at some of this I'm gonna have to go with night owl when I eventually get the game. I'll probably never even play it during the day.
that's the ordinance my town is under.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Tonight (or since I generally work on this at like 2 a.m., tomorrow) I will wrap up the Special Characters section, hopefully be able to put in the island section and then it's on to Part 3.
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Edited a couple small errors in the shops section, and fully completed the Special Characters section. It is now 3:30 a.m., so I will do the Island section tomorrow, which shouldn't take long.
By Rai17 on 06-15-2013, 04:53 AM
The town of Fourside has the night owl schedule~
By SanePsychoSuper on 06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
So with night owl schedule, shops still open at normal time right? And with early bird, shops still close at normal time? That's what the guide and your guide says.. but other's are saying that with night owl, shops open later and their villagers sleep in late. Do they just not know what they're talking about?
By SuperGamecube64 on 06-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Under Night Owl they open at the same time, but under Early Riser they close at the same time. However, the villager part is true - under Night Owl, villagers sleep in but are happy to stay awake until 5 a.m. or so.
Comment