Lucario  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
Chu~Chu~Pan
Points: 178, Level: 3 Points: 178, Level: 3 Points: 178, Level: 3

Chu~Chu~Pan is an unknown quantity at this point

Star Man Anime suggestions?

Hey everyone,

In the welcome forum I mentioned I am part of an Anime Club. I used to be president, but stepped down to focus my concentration on what i do best, Anime and Art . As the Anime Librarian it is my job to find new anime to show the club. The hardest part is finding new material.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any good anime they would recommend. Now it is for a college group, so some nudity is okay as well as language. For the beginning of the semester we are focusing on summer episodes, Beach, summer vacation, water park/amusement park, anything to do with summer is fine.

We are trying to stay away from mainstream anime and leaning more towards material people have not seen before. Subtitles are fine, new or old ( but if old it can't be common).

Sorry if I seem to have to many requirements but it's been a struggle doing this on my own. Anything helps. XD

Thanks-Chu~
Chu~Chu~Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,025, Level: 100 Points: 37,025, Level: 100 Points: 37,025, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

This was kinda difficult because of those requirements so I'm surprised I found this many. I went to my list and found everything that had a large chunk of it set during summer, and then cut it down to the ones that involved summer vactions in particular, as well as beach episodes.

You can click on a name to go to it's MAL page. The majority of these are high school anime, since those tend to revolve around summer/vaction etc more. Just a few notes to help you:
-K-On is the most mainstream out of those
-Shinryaku is set on a beach almost every episode.
-Ano Natsu is 100% summer IIRC.
-AnoHana is also set in summer (or at least a huge chunk of it is), but I think the majority of it is also set at night.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Tari Tari
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Sakamichi no Apollon
K-On!
Hanasaku Iroha
AnoHana
Chihayafuru
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Hope this helps.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,049, Level: 17 Points: 1,049, Level: 17 Points: 1,049, Level: 17
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

All hail Kona-chan, the anime snob. :P
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 2,973, Level: 33 Points: 2,973, Level: 33 Points: 2,973, Level: 33
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Cheeky
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

lol I told her Kona-chan would be the first to reply!
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Chu~Chu~Pan
Points: 178, Level: 3 Points: 178, Level: 3 Points: 178, Level: 3

Chu~Chu~Pan is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my, Thank you so much Konata!!!!! I'm sorry for all the requirements. We've watch most of the mainstream stuff and that's all people tend to ask for. So this should be good!! I still have to do some research but you have helped me out a MEGATON!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
Chu~Chu~Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Killua
Property Of Nicci
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball

Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Don't praise him like that! It'll make his damn head even bigger. -.-
Quote:
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 2,973, Level: 33 Points: 2,973, Level: 33 Points: 2,973, Level: 33
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Cheeky
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
Don't praise him like that! It'll make his damn head even bigger. -.-
Aww be nice, hunny. You know Kona-chan is pretty good at recommending good anime, even if he doesn't like some of your favorites. You always tell me that yourself. =P
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Biggoron
Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17

Biggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really nice

Send a message via Skype™ to Biggoron
I'm not into/fully aware of a lot of the stuff I see these days, but here are a few that I enjoyed years ago:
(Not sure if many of these are fit for younger children, if applicable.)

Ninja Scroll
Fist of North Star
Bio Hunter
Please Save my Earth
Devilman
Mazinger Z
Appleseed
Darkside Blues
Akira

Not really sure, but it seems that at some point in the 90s, the medium/genres of 'Anime' became less about dystopic worlds and 'adult' situations, and more about 'teen dramas' and kiddie-based properties....but again, I'm no expert....

Cheers
Biggoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93 Points: 22,408, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

Some of my favs assuming you guys haven't watched all of these

- Dragon Ball/Kai(You probably watched it, but I'll still put it here)
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Fist of the North Star
- Gundam 00
- Gundam Wing
- G Gundam
- Gurren Lagann
- Lupin the 3rd
- Case Closed
- Outlaw Star
- Cowboy Bebop
- Trigun
- Captain Harlock
- Cyborg 009
- GaoGaiGar
- Ninja Scroll
- Panty And Stocking(assuming it can go that far)
- Fooly Cooly
Old 07-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #10
Killua
Property Of Nicci

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I really don't think I can suggest anything meeting your requirements.
Quote: