Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > Debate Forum

Notices

Debate Forum This is the Debate forum engage in serious debates here.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,041, Level: 100 Points: 37,041, Level: 100 Points: 37,041, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Kissing in Public - is it acceptable?

Speaking as someone who generally doesn't give a shite if I'm being watched dropping the kids off at the pool, I don't care if someone is watching me kiss my loved one. However it turns out some people find it disgusting. Sorry that my kissing is offending you, please file a butthurt complaint on your way to match.com you sourpuss.

I mean, I could understand it if I was going full on cannibal and my girls face was half way down my throat, but people go crazy over just normal kissing. Sure, being noticed, that's cool. But staring at me as if I have multiple erections protruding from my body and treating me and my lovely more-than-acquaintance kiss partner like two monsters is a tad too much.

So do you think it's okay to kiss in public? And if so, how far can you go before you're not socially acceptable? When I figure that out, I'll go further.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,005, Level: 33 Points: 3,005, Level: 33 Points: 3,005, Level: 33
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Cheeky
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

Kissing in public doesn't bother me. Eating the person's face does. But it's really whatever, I just won't look.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
It's funny, because I've noticed people complain before and then once they've gotten into a relationship they've just kissed/made out in the public. The hypocrisy is laughable.
People in my History class were "debating" about this a few months ago. A number of them said it was unacceptable and disgusting. Note that a lot of these people were single. One of them who said it was gross wasn't though. A few even said that cuddling in public for a prolonged time was disgusting as well. To be honest, I think a few of them were just butthurt or sour.

Personally, I think it's fine. It's their business, their life and their relationship. If you don't want to look at it, then turn away.
I'll hug/kiss my love (to an extent - I personally wouldn't eat their face or anything in public) all I want. I don't need people trying to tell me how gross it is and adding to my insecurities.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Biggoron
Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17

Biggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really nice

Send a message via Skype™ to Biggoron
At the end of the day, 'socially acceptable' is a very grey area. I'm not a fan of watching people suck on/fondle each other in public, but after seeing things like a 500-pound man wearing nothing but a diaper and walking dogs via chains on his nipples, a bit of kissing seems welcomed.
Biggoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Yep, perfectly fine, don't see why anyone is bothered by it. Just kissing

Never kissed anyone myself either, so no bias here.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,414, Level: 100 Points: 56,414, Level: 100 Points: 56,414, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
If it's a relatively brief kiss no harm there. But having a half hour makeout session in plain public view, that's rather...tacky. I mean it doesnt bother me I just don't look if I see that but having an extensive makeout session in plain public view isn't really good form.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100 Points: 31,510, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
If it's a relatively brief kiss no harm there. But having a half hour makeout session in plain public view, that's rather...tacky. I mean it doesnt bother me I just don't look if I see that but having an extensive makeout session in plain public view isn't really good form.
Well, yeah. I agree there is a bit of a line to cross at the same time. Still wouldn't really bother me though.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100 Points: 39,500, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
**** anyone whose got a problem with that. Kissing and attempting to dive to Atlantis with your tongue isn't the same ****ing level of kiss. They don't like it, then tough shit.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #9
ElBootho
The Random EPICness
Points: 3,753, Level: 38 Points: 3,753, Level: 38 Points: 3,753, Level: 38
User owns 2x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

ElBootho is an unknown quantity at this point

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

yeah idc about people kissing in public and besides...if they are kissing, thats still fine as ever
ElBootho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #10
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,041, Level: 100 Points: 37,041, Level: 100 Points: 37,041, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoron View Post
I'm not a fan of watching people suck on/fondle each other in public, but after seeing things like a 500-pound man wearing nothing but a diaper and walking dogs via chains on his nipples, a bit of kissing seems welcomed.
Well now I'm jealous.

& I agree, I don't think it's a problem if they're making out and stuff, it isn't like anyone has to watch them do it. But that's the problem, people do watch them do it. I've seen people kissing when I've been walking around, and then seen other people purposely watching them with disgusted faces, and talking about them. If you don't like it, why the hell do you continue to watch?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote