Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,965, Level: 100 Points: 31,965, Level: 100 Points: 31,965, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Harvest Moon Log: Everyone Can Participate!

So, I decided that I wanted to start playing some Harvest Moon again, and I was trying to think of an event that can get everyone involved, and so here it is, simply enough!

This is a log thread, intended for you to keep track of what happened in your session of harvest moon, whatever that may be.

The real kick here is, there'll be somewhat of an unofficial scoreboard in this thread (or a few rather that I'll update in the first post everytime you come in here and say "hey I earned this much money today". When you do that, we'll tack that onto a 'Total Money Ever Earned' board just for you.

Additionally, we'll have an unofficial time log board. This one you tell us what year, season and day you are on, and again we track who is the furthest.

Finally, we'll have a log that lists you, as the players, and your details such as what game you're playing, who you married, what animals you own, and their names, stuff like that.

Now, why am I saying 'unofficial' for all of these? Well, firstly, there are many harvest moon games, and we are integrating them all into this. Automatically, this makes any sort of competition not really possible, but this thread isn't for competition. It's a log to share with others on things you've done. With that, we get to our second point. Cheats are available in some of the games that can get you lots of money, further in time, more animals, whatever. This also makes this unofficial. I recommend not using cheats for the sake of this thread, and everyone else. So please, jsut play legitimately, and obviously the puzzle games and spinoffs do not count for this thread, but any other games do.

For those of you that don't have a harvest moon game, and want to participate. There is versions on SNES, GB, and GBA that you can easily emulate (ask someone for assistance on that if you need), or you can buy a game.

Personally, if possible, I recommend that everyone play Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, or Another Wonderful Life which you may actually be able to find used on PS2 or Gamecube. I pick this because it is the most common entry into the series that I have seen.

To sign up, post below. You can post a little summary of your game session as well for fun, but it won't be kept track of on the main board.

I may use an external site to keep track of all our logs. We'll see. Some things are still up in the air, and I'm open to suggestion. you guys can start whenever!

Format to follow:

Your Name
Character Name: your character's name
Game Playing: Which Harvest Moon are you playing
Farm Name: your farm's name
Married to: name of wife/husband
Kids Name: name of kid
Animals owned: number of animals
Animal Name - Sex - Species[/I]
Total Money Earned: added up day after day, only keep track of money added, not subtracted
Time in Game: what day, month and year you're on. Chapters reverting the game to year 1, just consider it the next year

Participants:

Cameron
Character Name: Tyrone
Game Playing: Magical Melody
Farm Name: YOLO
Married to: -
Kids Name: -
Animals owned: 1
Orbistro - Male - Dog
Total Money Earned: 1225 G
Time in Game: Year One, Spring Day 7

Crazyonz
Character Name: Andrew
Game Playing: Friends of Mineral town
Farm Name: Brownie Farm
Married to: -
Kids Name: -
Animals owned: 1
Chester - Male - Dog
Total Money Earned: 0 G
Time in Game: Year One, Spring Day 2

Last edited by Cam3ron36@NFF; 08-25-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Cam3ron36@NFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
This is cool, and I may participate but I got a few other games to knock out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,965, Level: 100 Points: 31,965, Level: 100 Points: 31,965, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 

You can join whenever, and play whenever. Just a cool tracking thread, and it would be fun to get a handful of people playing the same game.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
ゼルダ姫
aka - Shiiku
Points: 1,998, Level: 26 Points: 1,998, Level: 26 Points: 1,998, Level: 26
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

My Mood: Tired
ゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award NFF Old Man Award Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to ゼルダ姫 PSN ID: SmashBrosSheik WiiU ID: Shiiku
Oh sweet! Me love this idea. :] I just started playing Harvest moon (the SNES game) last year. This'll be fun to start trying just as soon as I start up a new game. Count me in!
ゼルダ姫 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I don't own any Harvest Moon games, but it sounds cool.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,908, Level: 39 Points: 3,908, Level: 39 Points: 3,908, Level: 39
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 

I haven't played any Harvest Moon in a while.. I may join in.. Just got to decide which one.. I have quite a few. lol
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #7
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

Do a Wonderful life if possible. Shouldn't matter though. We can tweak some things on the go that we might want to add, but for now just go with what we have.

I played the first day of a new game. Bought 30 Strawberry seeds, planted and watered them. Was a bit silly with naming intentionally.

My guys name: Tyrone
Dog's name: Winston
Cow's Name: Ursela
Farm Name: Yolo

Profit so far: 3000G

Quote:
I don't own any Harvest Moon games, but it sounds cool.
Thanks bud. Emulate it up if you want. I heard the GBA, SNES, and N64 ones are all fun.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:13 AM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
A wonderful life has 1 fatal flaw: They gave you way more time than you need to do anything.

I'll probably grab a copy of Magical Melody for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:47 AM   #9
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic

Awards Showcase

I have Magical Melody and A Wonderful Life. While it seems like Magical Melody has more to do and stuff, I just like A Wonderful Life's feel more. Not sure why. Maybe it's because it's the first one I played. I might switch though. We'll see.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Good idea, I dun own any HM games though.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote