Microsoft announced a swath of videogame titles that will launch with the Xbox One this fall, but the company avoided giving a specific launch date for the new console during a presentation at the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany, on Tuesday morning.
Nearly two dozen games will be available for the Xbox One at launch, including the latest releases from major franchises such as “Call of Duty,” “Battlefield,” “Need for Speed” and “Assassin’s Creed.” Among game publishers,has six launch titles in the pipeline, while Ubisoft has four and Activision Blizzard has two. Eight of the launch titles are being published by Microsoft as exclusives to the new console.
However, the exact release date of the Xbox One remains a mystery.
Microsoft said at the E3 conference in June
that it plans to launch the console in November at a starting price of $499. Sony is also planning a fall release for its Playstation 4 console — at $100 discount to the Xbox One.
Sony will hold its own press event at Gamescon later in Tuesday afternoon, where the console maker may spell out more details of its release plans.
A complete list of the Xbox One release titles can be found at the Xbox blog
. Amazon.com also revealed a program called “One Up Your Game”
that will allow customers who buy a game for the current Xbox 360 to upgrade to the Xbox One version of that title for an additional $9.99.
The titles have to be approved by Amazon, but the site points to major fall releases like “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” “Battlefield 4,” “Madden NFL 25,” “FIFA 14,” and “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.”
Additional titles include:
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
- Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
- Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
- FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
- Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
- Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
- Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
- Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
- Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
- NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
- Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
- Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
- Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
- Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
- Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
- Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
- Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
- Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)