Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,904, Level: 94 Points: 23,904, Level: 94 Points: 23,904, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Ben Affleck to play Batman in Batman/Superman movie

Quote:
Ben Affleck is set to star as Batman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel, Warner Bros. has announced.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some" said Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production at Warner Bros. earlier today. "His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman," added director Snyder. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

“We are so thrilled that Ben is continuing Warner Bros.’ remarkable legacy with the character of Batman," continued Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution President Sue Kroll. He is a tremendously gifted actor who will make this role his own in this already much-anticipated pairing of these two beloved heroes."

Warner Bros. has a longstanding relationship with Affleck. His most recent hit for the studio was 2012's Argo, which won Best Picture at this year's Academy Awards. Affleck's next directorial effort, Live By Night, will also be produced by Warner.

Affleck is no stranger to the superhero gig, having played Daredevil in 20th Century Fox's 2003 flick of the same name. His will be the fifth big-screen Batman since Michael Keaton donned the cowl in Tim Burton's 1989 effort.

The Man of Steel sequel, which will likely be called Batman vs Superman, was announced at Comic-Con earlier this year. The film will be penned by Snyder and Man of Steel screenwriter David S. Goyer, and is currently slated to open worldwide on July 17, 2015. The sequel will reunite Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams and Diane Lane.

Man of Steel has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date.
SOURCE - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...f-steel-sequel

Really don't know what to say about this...
Old 08-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,308, Level: 100 Points: 59,308, Level: 100 Points: 59,308, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I was really hoping they would have brought back Christian Bale. Part of the fun of a crossover movie is seeing two established heroes coming together. By casting a brand new actor as Batman that just detracts alot from the crossover element as it loses a sense of continuity. If they are going to have a new actor as Batman, they should have made and released the reboot before Man of Steel 2/World's Finest so that it could at least feel a little more like a crossover.

Not to say that Affleck won't do a good job, it's just the crossover element would have been really emphasized had they at least brought back Bale. Mark Ruffalo was enjoyable as Bruce Banner/Hulk in The Avengers but by having him instead of Edward Norton who played him in the latest movie prior, it lost a sense of continuity. Or I guess a better example would be Iron Man, since he was pretty much the star of the movie anyway. Imagine if a different actor besides Robert Downey Jr was Iron Man in The Avengers. It simply would not have felt the same.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
Rin
Nintendo King/Queen
Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100 Points: 39,442, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh wait you're serious. let me laugh even harder then

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

now in picture form

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

It'd be slightly positive if he didn't shave for the movie, but I bet he will.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,479, Level: 100 Points: 52,479, Level: 100 Points: 52,479, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
They just killed Batman bringing having Ben play him. I will not give a dime to the batman series with that jack ass playing batman, what a slap in the face. What next, Matt damon as Robin?

Update: I'm still very pissed off at this decision. Daredevil anyone? I guess its all about who you know.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,649, Level: 78 Points: 14,649, Level: 78 Points: 14,649, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Oh my gosh I loved Daredevil!

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I think it was more along the lines of Daredevil being garbage, but I did enjoy Argo.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,698, Level: 38 Points: 3,698, Level: 38 Points: 3,698, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
I wonder to hear how Ben Affleck's deep voice in Batman..
Old 08-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #9
Wiidude
One Cool Dude
Points: 10,555, Level: 68 Points: 10,555, Level: 68 Points: 10,555, Level: 68
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel

My Mood: Cool
Wiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the roughWiidude is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty 
Total Awards: 2

Really Warner Bro's this is who you picked? Sorry, Wiidude won't support your franchise any more. Wiidude see's there is a change.org petition going on to remove him from being batman. Ben is no action hero, and the dooche cannot act. Blah Batman is dead to me now. Wiidude was really enjoying the new batman movies with Bale in it. Now this?!!?!?!

Wiidude recommends going here if you want the truth Drudge Report
Wiidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #10
ゼルダ姫
aka - Shiiku
Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26 Points: 1,936, Level: 26
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

ゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award NFF Old Man Award Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to ゼルダ姫 PSN ID: SmashBrosSheik WiiU ID: Shiiku
Wha-? Ben Affleck? What the heck kind of decision was that?

Just. No.
Period.
ゼルダ姫 is offline   Reply With Quote