Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,062, Level: 93 Points: 23,062, Level: 93 Points: 23,062, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Platinum Games on Wonderful 101 sequel, Bayonetta port, and becoming second party

Quote:
Platinum Games Expresses Desire for Wonderful 101 Sequel
And also talks about become a second-party Nintendo developer.
by Luke Karmali AUGUST 29, 2013
Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya has revealed he's keen to make a sequel to The Wonderful 101, and also shared his thoughts on porting the original Bayonetta to Wii U and becoming a second-party Nintendo developer.

When IGN Benelux asked the creator of Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101 whether or not he'd like to see a sequel to his most recent game on Wii U (perhaps called The Wonderful 102?) he said, "If I get the chance, I would certainly like to make that game.

"I really have no idea at this point, but I would love to make a sequel to one of my own games. We put a tremendous amount of work into this game and it would be unfortunate if I would not get the chance to tell a new story with these characters.

"However, some of the bad guys you beat in this game wonít appear in a sequel. Thatís kind of a depressing thought."

Depending on sales and critical opinion of The Wonderful 101, a sequel is by no means guaranteed but it's encouraging to hear its creator would happily revisit the franchise. But if Platinum doesn't go on to make a sequel to the game, what else might it do?

Well, according to Kamiya, the studio hasn't ruled out the idea of porting the original Bayonetta to the Wii U. With Bayonetta 2 due out exclusively on Nintendo's console next year, Platinum argues it would make sense for the original game to be available too so that newcomers to the series can catch up.

"I would love to make that happen, so that gamers unfamiliar with the first game get to play it," he explained. "This is just my personal opinion, however. I have not much say over the matter.

"However, I think designers should always keep in mind that not everyone has played the previous title, even if this was released on the same platform. You have to make sure that even players who are unfamiliar with the franchise are able to keep up."

With all this talk of developing for Nintendo then, you'd be forgiven for thinking Platinum Games was pretty much ready to get into bed with The Big N permanently. Despite the success of multiplatform hit Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance earlier this year and mutterings of a Platinum-fronted sequel, Kamiya admitted he'd happily see the studio become a second-party Nintendo developer.

When asked if he'd like to see the company officially join forces with Nintendo, he replied, "I would love that. It would be great to work more closely with Nintendo."

What do you think? Would you like to see The Wonderful 102 or the original Bayonetta on Wii U, and do you reckon Platinum Games become a second-party developer for Nintendo would be a good or bad thing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
SOURCE - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...88882349000005

I think it would be a great thing to see Platinum as a 2nd Party developer, especially if it means that they could potentially do that Starfox game Kamiya has said he wanted to make
Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,486, Level: 100 Points: 37,486, Level: 100 Points: 37,486, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

It'd be so cool if they were officially 2nd party. It'd be great to have more types of games in the exclusives line-up.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Geamerlynn
Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13

Geamerlynn will become famous soon enoughGeamerlynn will become famous soon enough

WiiU ID: GoldenViking
The first Bayonetta on Wii U? F*ck yeah!
Geamerlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,137, Level: 18 Points: 1,137, Level: 18 Points: 1,137, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
It'd be so cool if they were officially 2nd party. It'd be great to have more types of games in the exclusives line-up.
This.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Geamerlynn
Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13 Points: 666, Level: 13

Geamerlynn will become famous soon enoughGeamerlynn will become famous soon enough

WiiU ID: GoldenViking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
This.
That.
Geamerlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
I wouldn't mind it. I also wouldn't mind Bayonetta ported.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote