Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Hobbies

Notices

Hobbies Discuss your hobbies in here

Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

My Mood: Woot
SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 
Total Awards: 19

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Marvel Legends

I know there are plenty of Marvel fans here, so I'm just wondering if any of you have heard of the Marvel Legends line of collectible figure? I just bought my first, Fantomex, and I'm impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
You wield the banhammer like Thor wields Mjolnir.

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
SuperGamecube64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Heard of them.

Really cool one you got there.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #3
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
Never heard of it though. But, that figure's posing is very cool.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1
Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100 Points: 59,012, Level: 100
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Master Ball User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom

SuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperGamecube64 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award Level 100 Award NFF Promoter Review of the Month Monster Poster 

Send a message via AIM to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via MSN to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Yahoo to SuperGamecube64 Send a message via Skype™ to SuperGamecube64 Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperGamecube64
Here's my review of him.

Quote:

"No, you're clearly wrong. A game's success is determined by the score. Opinions are facts now, and if this game gets too many negative facts then this game clearly sucks so we should all just leave and play Kingdom Hearts and Call of Duty.(that hurt to type)" - Sabeta_Sama of GFAQs
Old 09-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Biggoron
Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17

Biggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really nice

Send a message via Skype™ to Biggoron
Well sure, my wife collected these for years. As a matter of fact, thats how we met - on a site for collecting these, heh. (The line is over ten years old, changing hands from Toybiz to Hasbro about halfway through.) She recently sold her massive collection via CraigsList, got about $2k, all told. She retained a few of her favs, mind - various Storms, Juggy, Abomination, etc...seems that when Hasbro took over, the BIG guys became relegated to 'build-a-figures', due to rising costs of plastic. (Some of the earlier heavy hitters are masterworks of design and quality, take a look at Abomination and Man-Thing, as example.)

Many GREAT figures/sculpts in the earlier days, for sure. I still see them at Toys-r-Us, but the line seems to be scraping the bottom/limping along....ah well, ten year run isn't bad at all.
(Mattel's DC Universe Classics go hand-in-hand with these guys, as do MOTU Classics, for that matter.)

She currently has a MASSIVE (hundreds of heroes and villians) collection of DCUC figures, if anyone here would care to see 'em ~

Biggoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I did some research and there's currently a petition to bring back the original artists from Toybiz. I'd be all for it. Turns out Fantomex is actually the closest to Toybiz quality since Hasbro took over (you can even see threads in his mask).

Edited: If your wife happens to have Rocket Raccoon, I'd offer $25 for it.

Quote:

Last edited by SuperGamecube64; 09-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #7
Biggoron
Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17 Points: 1,070, Level: 17

Biggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really niceBiggoron is just really nice

Send a message via Skype™ to Biggoron
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGamecube64 View Post
Yeah, I did some research and there's currently a petition to bring back the original artists from Toybiz. I'd be all for it. Turns out Fantomex is actually the closest to Toybiz quality since Hasbro took over (you can even see threads in his mask).

Edited: If your wife happens to have Rocket Raccoon, I'd offer $25 for it.
Well naturally she has that raccoon, (Guardians of the Galaxy!) only HE'S a he, not an IT.
(Sorry, I don't believe any of her current DC/Marvel stuff is for sale/swap.)
Biggoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Bummer. I got Drax the Destroyer at an out of town Wal Mart yesterday, and won an eBay auction for a few others. If she doesn't have Ghost Rider, even if she has stopped collecting, I think she should without a doubt track one down because he's absolutely stunning.

Quote:

Old 09-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,659, Level: 100 Points: 38,659, Level: 100 Points: 38,659, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Pics of Ghost Rider?

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #10
SuperGamecube64
Futtbuck Bro no.1

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Here's a google pic of the harder to find blue flame variant (the one I have)

I haven't taken any pics of mine yet.

Quote: