Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 3,794, Level: 38 Points: 3,794, Level: 38 Points: 3,794, Level: 38

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

'Battlefield 4' Has Recommended 14 GB Performance Install On Xbox 360

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...rtner=yahootix

Welcome to the next generation. Even if you own a current console, you’re going to start feeling the effects when it comes to upcoming games. Take Battlefield 4, a cross-platform title spanning the Xbox One and 360, PlayStation 3 and 4. Naturally, there’s been a lot of effort on the part of EA and DICE to make it one of the best looking next-gen titles out there, but to even approach that kind of performance on current systems, it’s going to take a lot.

In a blog update (via VG247), EA revealed that for the Xbox 360 version of the game, both the single and multiplayer discs contain 5.8 and 6.6 GB of optional additional installation content respectively, on top of the mandatory 2 GB install required to even play the game at all.

“We highly recommend performing these additional installations to make sure you have the best experience possible in Battlefield 4,” they say.
As I may have mentioned here before, I have a rather old Xbox 360, so 14 GB is practically the majority of my hard drive, and would require me to erase nearly everything else on it. But even those with newer systems may find theirs filling up as we reach the end of the console generation.

Granted, all of this is optional, but it goes to show just how big the file sizes on games are getting now as technology continues to advance. Both the PS4 and Xbox One come with 500 GB hard drives, large by current console standards, but when game files are 20, 30, 50 GBs in the future, that’s going to start to feel rather small pretty quickly.

I think that Battlefield is a relatively unique case, and I don’t think that ALL cross-platform titles are going to have enormous bonus install packages to give better performance. I can’t imagine Call of Duty: Ghosts having anything like this for instance, not to put down Battlefield’s decision making or call COD’s graphics lackluster.

I have a hunch the next Battlefield game we’ll see won’t have any strings attached, as it will be able to stretch its wings as a fully next-gen title. I also believe it will have “Bad Company” as a subtitle, but that’s just speculation…
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links