Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
marvman3
Rockn Dude
Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81 Points: 16,100, Level: 81

My Mood: Rockn
marvman3 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvman3 has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Royalty Poster Joker Mufasa 
Total Awards: 4

PSN ID: PSN ID- marvman3 Xbox Live Gamertag: NOT AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE PLAY

It's Labor Day, so now for a bit of History about it by good ol' Wiki

Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September. The holiday originated in 1882 as the Central Labor Union (of New York City) sought to create "a day off for the working citizens".
Congress made Labor Day a federal holiday in 1894.[1] All fifty states have made Labor Day a state holiday.
Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of the summer.
Labor Day has been celebrated on the first Monday in September in the United States since the 1880s. The form for the celebration of Labor Day was outlined in the first proposal of the holiday—a street parade to exhibit to the public "the strength and esprit de corps of the trade and labor organizations," followed by a festival for the workers and their families. This became the pattern for Labor Day celebrations. Speeches by prominent men and women were introduced later, as more emphasis was placed upon the economic and civil significance of the holiday. Still later, by a resolution of the American Federation of Labor convention of 1909, the Sunday preceding Labor Day was adopted as Labor Sunday and dedicated to the spiritual and educational aspects of the labor movement.
Today, Labor Day is often regarded as a day of rest and compared to the May 1 Labour Day celebrations in most countries; parades, speeches or political demonstrations are more low-key, although events held by labor organizations often feature political themes and appearances by candidates for office, especially in election years. Forms of celebration include picnics, barbecues, fireworks displays, water sports, and public art events. Families with school-age children take it as the last chance to travel before the end of summer. Some teenagers and young adults view it as the last weekend for parties before returning to school. However, as of late, schools have begun well before Labor Day, as early as July 24th in many urban districts, including major southern cities in the United States such as Atlanta, Miami, and Los Angeles. In addition, Labor Day marks the beginning of the season for the National Football League and NCAA College Football. The NCAA usually plays their first games the weekend of Labor day, with the NFL traditionally playing their first game the Thursday following Labor Day.

(This article is about the holiday in the United States. For other annual labor observances, see Labour Day. For observances on May 1, see May Day.)

Do you SMELL that???
It's the smell of Football in the morning.....

Rockn.

Last edited by marvman3; 09-01-2008 at 06:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #2
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,003, Level: 100 Points: 52,003, Level: 100 Points: 52,003, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

My Mood: Gaming
Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Nice....Happy Labor Day All....

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
Lukario
Strangers
Points: 12,317, Level: 72 Points: 12,317, Level: 72 Points: 12,317, Level: 72

Lukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant futureLukario has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster NFF 3rd Annual Award Super Member NFF Artist Joker Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Xbox Live Gamertag: deadDEFINED
Happy Labor Day. Won't be feeling any benefits until I actually work!

Lukario
Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #4
Virtual Anomoly
I invented Chivalry
Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17 Points: 1,018, Level: 17

Virtual Anomoly We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 1

Lol have a joyus labor day all

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Virtual Anomoly(09:42:23 PM): I'm so bored of the bleak world of today

Super Chip(09:42:33 PM): Wanna burn it all to the ground?

Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
Dr. Jekyll
A STRANGE CASE OF...
Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41 Points: 4,260, Level: 41
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Cynical
Dr. Jekyll is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase
Royalty 
Total Awards: 1

All labor day does for me is make me fatter and more lazy. Luckily my bike is fixed now, so I can ride it all I want!

And get fit while doing it!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
smashfan120
Sir Smash
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Golden Mushroom

smashfan120 We have a Nintendo Fan in the Making

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 1st Annual Award SSBB Tourney Winner Game Reviewer SSBB Tourney Winner 
Total Awards: 5

Send a message via AIM to smashfan120 PSN ID: anthonyx101
Happ labor day.! extra day for me to stay home and waste my life away.Jk
Closed Thread