Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 56,261, Level: 100 Points: 56,261, Level: 100 Points: 56,261, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Game franchises you miss

What are some game franchises that you miss? Either because they are discontinued/have not come out with a new game in quite a while...or because they've become so bad they are dead to you.

Crash Bandicoot--We all know how God-awful Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant was, but I still miss the bandicoot and it is a shame his series seems to be dead, now. Activison totally had the chance to revive public interest in him had they allowed his inclusion in PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale. Especially since he was the number one most requested character which shows his fans still care about him. But then what did I expect from the same company who thinks Black Ops Declassified is worth $50.

Final Fight-- Even though the beat 'em up genre has long since declined from its peak I'm still up for Final Fight 4.

F-Zero-- Still waiting for F-Zero Wii U with full online. At this point, I'd even settle for a port of GX with online. And I can't rely on WipEout to fill the void anymore now that Studio Liverpool is defunct.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 36,972, Level: 100 Points: 36,972, Level: 100 Points: 36,972, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

As soon as I clicked this I knew Crash Bandicoot would be listed. I don't miss the terrible games, I miss the ones Naughty Dog made. I also miss the decent Ratchet & Clank games. After 3 the whole game just feels different, and generally not good.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 22,366, Level: 93 Points: 22,366, Level: 93 Points: 22,366, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Megaman, not sure if this counts since the most recent game was released in 2010, but the way Capcom treats the franchise nowadays depresses me
Starfox, at this point I honestly don't care how it plays like, I just want to see my favorite Space animals again
Syphon Filter,
Spoiler
Especially with Logan's Shadow's ending

F-Zero, my favorite racing series, I don't know why it's taking Nintendo so long to release it
Viewtiful Joe, these were some of my fav. GC games, I'd love to see them continue with a 3rd game
Power Stone, awesome fighting series on the DC, even a downloadable rerelease will suffice for me
Medal of Honr, and I'm mean the WWII ones, not those two shameless CoD clones they released last time. Despite that, he fact that they shelved the series still saddens me

Last edited by Megas75; 11-03-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Megas75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,592, Level: 37 Points: 3,592, Level: 37 Points: 3,592, Level: 37
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
Parasite Eve.

I really miss Aya Brea after last time I played the PE2 as this game is really delivered its best gameplay for PS1.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
gamerluce
Queen of Eagleland
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1

gamerluce is an unknown quantity at this point

The Mother Series...*sighs* and F-zero and Star Fox, and Gemini.
gamerluce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
ゼルダ姫
Classic
Points: 1,886, Level: 25 Points: 1,886, Level: 25 Points: 1,886, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

My Mood: Bored
ゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award NFF Old Man Award Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to ゼルダ姫 WiiU ID: Shiiku
Crash Bandicoot. Hands down. It's the first game I really, really wish could be brought back.

Mega Man. It just... died after 10, and I'm still heartbroken that nothing has been said or done since then.

Banjo-Kazooie, and by that I mean the original style. (AKA - Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie) Those games were so. much. fun.

I'm also tempted to say Sypro the Dragon, and again, the original style. The last one I could tolerate was A Hero's Tail, but they just became worse and worse then on, IMO.

And last but not least, Sled Storm. I like a few racing games, and racing with a snowmobile was just awesome.
Ryan FTW!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 36,972, Level: 100 Points: 36,972, Level: 100 Points: 36,972, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ゼルダ姫 View Post
And last but not least, Sled Storm. I like a few racing games, and racing with a snowmobile was just awesome.
Ryan FTW!
Oh man! Thanks for reminding me of this. One of my first PS1 games and I loved it. So gotta pick it up again someday.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
ゼルダ姫
Classic
Points: 1,886, Level: 25 Points: 1,886, Level: 25 Points: 1,886, Level: 25
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

My Mood: Bored
ゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award NFF Old Man Award Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to ゼルダ姫 WiiU ID: Shiiku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Oh man! Thanks for reminding me of this. One of my first PS1 games and I loved it. So gotta pick it up again someday.
Aww yeah! Let the reminiscing commence. :3
That's cool to hear another one who has played it and loves it. I haven't found too many who do.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78 Points: 14,503, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Mother.

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

It's not really a franchise, but I miss the game developer Cing, who made some really great point-and-clicks for the DS like Trace Memory, and even had a pretty enjoyable Pikmin clone called Little King's Story for the Wii.

My favorite game by them, however, was Hotel Dusk: Room 215, a point-and-click with a noir-style story and backdrop. It was insanely fun and the story is still really enjoyable and memorable.

The company went bankrupt in early 2010 after the release of Hotel Dusk's sequel, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. Many say that the game's story mirrors Cing's financial woes as the game was released two months before the studio closed, though these rumors were proven false by the head of the defunct company.

Still, I really miss Cing. I wish Nintendo could've done more to help them out, but what's done is done.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
franchises, game, retro, revival