Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Post away about anything in general just remember no content that would fit in other sections.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
NintenFan
Points: 121, Level: 2 Points: 121, Level: 2 Points: 121, Level: 2

NintenFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Xbox Live Gamertag: The Instigater7 WiiU ID: Instigator7
Sm Wario Weird Game Purchase Experience

Thought I’d try a thread where we can share weird or bad experiences when buying a new game or console.

This was inspired by the recent fiasco I went through when I purchased a Wii U at my local Wal-Mart over a month ago. After the recent price cut and the increase of Wii U game releases I decided it was finally time to modernize my gaming experience. So I purchased the black 32 gig version of Nintendo’s latest system. Although the system came with Nintendo Land, I decided Purchasing Super Mario Bros. Wii U along with the system would make the experience more complete. After returning to my home, I wasted no time opening the box to try out my new toy unbeknownst to me the disappointments and frustrations that would soon follow the next couple of days. After properly hooking the system to my gaming TV my excitement was quickly cut short as I hit the power button and nothing appeared on the screen. After double checking the cords to make sure everything was in place I began to suspect maybe the HDMI cord the system had come with was at fault so I proceeded to swap the cord from my Xbox with the Wii U. My fears began to grow as the screen remained blank. After a little research on the internet I reluctantly came to the conclusion that I had purchased a defective Wii U console. Because it had become too late in the day, I would be unable to make a trip to Walmart until the next day.

Unfortunately even after exchanging Wii U s, my troubles would still be far from over…

Due to school and other responsibilities I would not be able try out my exchanged system until late in the evening. Needless to say I was extremely relieved to hear that Wii U intro music and have the systems awkward title appear on the screen with no difficulty. Happy that I would at last be able to enjoy the system I was quick to tear the wrapping off of my still unopened Super Mario Bros. Wii U game. But to my horror, instead of the actual game being inside there was an Alan Jackson’s greatest hits CD. Thankfully my brother was there to confirm that I was not crazy and was there to witness me opening a sealed Mario game with an Alan Jackson CD in it. At this point a thousand questions were going through my mind. What do I do? Will I be able to take the game back? Will anybody at the store believe me? Being that I was never a fan of country music and was not going to settle for spending sixty dollars on Alan Jackson I decided my only option was to call the store. After experiencing difficulty getting a real person to pick up the phone that late in the day I was lucky enough to get to talk to the manager. I was very relieved when she assured me I would still be able to return the game. She told me that she had known people to purchase games, take the disc out and replace it with a different disc and then reseal them to get their sixty dollars refunded while deceptively keeping the game.

So I would once again venture to the store the next day to exchange Alan Jackson for an actual copy of SMBWU. The lady in the returns section was initially very suspicious of me due to the fact that I had just been there the other day to exchange my system. She told me she had never heard of anyone buying a game and a music disc being there in its place but I assured her that I talked to the manager on the phone and she said they would exchange it. After calling over the manager to confirm my story she finally agreed to exchange Alan Jackson for SMBWU and opened it just to make sure the disc was inside.

And finally I would be able to experience Nintendo’s sixth gen console.

So has anybody else ever had a very unlucky experience like mine when buying a new console or a game or has maybe purchased Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword only to find Best of George Strait inside?

Last edited by NintenFan; 11-16-2013 at 02:28 AM.
NintenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Not really a bad experience, but when I picked up Wind Waker HD I bought the collectors guide to go with it. When I unwrapped that puppy I found oh the guide was bound upside down. I see it as a true hero's guide to win.

Then there was the time I got a copy of InFamous 2 instead of InFamous. That was worth a giggle.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 

This is a little embarrassing.lol

One Christmas I got a snes with the game FII from my brother. I'm sure that many of you who have played remember the character "Dragoon Kain" and his "Jump Attack" At the time, I also owned a Game Genie. Against warnings of how it could corrupt my gameplay I used it anyway to power up Kain's damage. I can always reset and make it all better right? WRONG!!

One time in battle Kain jumped up for his attack but never came back down! Man. I reset, started a new game. Nothing worked. I contacted Square complaining about it. I tried to pull a swifty and not tell them about using a genie. The guy on the phone said to send the cart into them for an examination. I did so.

About a little north of 3 weeks later, I received a call from Sqaure because I gave my number to the guy on the phone along with some other info to make correcting this issue a little faster. It was time for me to play the role of the ticked off consumer. I picked up the phone and said hello. He said hello back saying he was so and so from Square.

I got ready to hand down all kinds of nastiness about their unprofessional conduct and irresponsibility in creating this game. Just as I was about to let him have it, he said the words I'll never forget. " Well Sir, I'll bet that you didn't think that we could tell that you used a game genie on it..."

I was so not expecting that response. lol I was speechless. He went on to say that because I used a product on their game that they don't endorse, they couldn't help. I couldn't believe it. That entire damn process ended up costing me money! That's what you get when you mess with the big boys kiddies.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 11-16-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,822, Level: 100 Points: 59,822, Level: 100 Points: 59,822, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintenFan View Post
But to my horror, instead of the actual game being inside there was an Alan Jackson’s greatest hits CD. Thankfully my brother was there to confirm that I was not crazy and was there to witness me opening a sealed Mario game with an Alan Jackson CD in it.
It would have been really funny if it had been a Rick Astley CD.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
NintenFan
Points: 121, Level: 2 Points: 121, Level: 2 Points: 121, Level: 2

NintenFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Xbox Live Gamertag: The Instigater7 WiiU ID: Instigator7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
It would have been really funny if it had been a Rick Astley CD.
lol! Yeah too bad it wasn't.

Man dynamite! I guess thats what you call learning the hard way.
NintenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintenFan View Post
lol! Yeah too bad it wasn't.

Man dynamite! I guess thats what you call learning the hard way.
Yeah. Tell me about it! lol
Square 1
Kid Dynamite 0

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #7
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,908, Level: 39 Points: 3,908, Level: 39 Points: 3,908, Level: 39
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 8

Wow! I have to say I've never had that happen. I don't think I've even heard of that happening. That's crazy! You had some major bad luck there, NintenFan
SanePsychoSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

I don't usually get it with consoles, but every time I buy a new PC there's always something wrong. Usually with connecting to the internet. I had to set up and box back up a PC 3 times, taking it back to the shop each time last year.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
The worst I've gotten was getting the Timesplitters 2(which I already had) instead of the original Timesplitters

Then I also got Need For Speed Most Wanted(2005) instead of Underground 2, needless to say I decided to keep Most Wanted
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
Takeayoshii
Let's Player
Points: 176, Level: 3 Points: 176, Level: 3 Points: 176, Level: 3

My Mood: Tired
Takeayoshii is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I accidently picked up God of War II instead of the first one.

I also waited in line for one hour to buy NHL 14 because it was the release date of Pokemon X & Y... Couldn't have picked a better day. XD

For Amazing let's plays click Here!
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy II
Takeayoshii is offline   Reply With Quote