Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 875, Level: 15 Points: 875, Level: 15 Points: 875, Level: 15
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Hot
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

The importance of forgiveness and compassion in today's world

Hi Everyone. I hope this thread finds you all well.

I'm warning you ahead of time. This is going to be a long read. Just for the record, I'm not claiming to be some guru or advice expert. Just sharing my experiences.
I realize that you all don't know me from a hole in the wall yet, but I was looking through my old high school yearbook and came across the picture of a friend I lost just 3 years ago due to a drug overdose. At the time he died we weren't talking to each other over an argument during a game of chess.

I wasn't aware of his death until his brother called me up and told me. I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't want to believe it, but his brother would never joke around about something like that. This whole thing taught me one hard lesson about life. My goal with this thread is to tell you just how important the people closest to you are. Cherish them.

That night I felt so bad. Our last experience together was a stupid argument over a damn game of chess. There were so many things I wished that I could have said and now will never get the chance to except maybe through prayer. I'm not sure. Do your very best and give the ones closest to your heart a big hug, tell them how much you love them and settle any petty or serious arguments you may have. Should the one you care about pass away in the middle of your feud, you might be left feeling so guilty and always thinking: "What if?", "I should have said that.." "I wish I could go back in time to this.." It will eat you alive.

Friends will come and go in your life, but the true ones along with a loving family will be there to pick you up when you fall. They will be there to console you when you are in pain. When you hurt them, with their magnitude of love and caring for you, will forgive you. Compassion and forgiveness are essential when it comes to the ones closest to your heart. Don't ever lose them in a maze of anger, because you never know how long it will take to find their location in the maze or even find them at all before it's too late.

Having compassion for your loved ones comes along with loving them, but's it's also important to have compassion for those outside of your loved ones who are suffering. Shopping malls are notorious for having people with afflictions such as blindness, deafness, or those looking for donations of food products for the less fortunate being there. Why not help them out if you don't already? If you see some homeless person on the corner uptown sitting against a building wall with nothing but a thin blanket between them and freezing temperatures, buy them a cup of hot coffee. Little things like this mean a great deal to that person.

The way the world is these days, compassion is a rare and beautiful thing.
The same coffee that warms that person's body from the wind chill factor is the same warmth you will feel in your hearts for providing it. If you have a good heart and you know that you do, don't ever lose it because you will never get it back.

-KD

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 11-16-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Do not feel remorse for your last experience with him. Sometimes the greatest forgiveness you can give is the one you give to yourself..

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 875, Level: 15 Points: 875, Level: 15 Points: 875, Level: 15
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Hot
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Do not feel remorse for your last experience with him. Sometimes the greatest forgiveness you can give is the one you give to yourself..
Well put and very true. Thank you for posting that Nintenduendo.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote