Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Retro Consoles > Super Nintendo

Notices

Super Nintendo Super Nintendo section post here!

Old 11-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
TheAlwaysFlyGuy
Goomba
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

TheAlwaysFlyGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

help with old snes games

hey guys, im having some problems with my snes games, i have cleaned the system twice and games also twice. i have 40 snes games and out of 40 i think 10 of them dont work.. and most of them are my favorites.. super street fighter 2, street fighter 2 turbo, donkey kong, fatal fury 2, mega man x, batman forever. anyways those i can only remember. and they dont work! other games play perfect! the games i listed above, they load then have a black screen! but there is audio, the audio plays in the background of the black screen.. so whats the problem here? is the the motherboard of the game gone bad? cause the pins are clean. also one of the games x-men apocalypse has scratches on the pins.. the games loads like i said, it shows the capcom thing, the loading then black screen like other games.. how can i fix this lol.
TheAlwaysFlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
yoteca
Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4 Points: 205, Level: 4

yoteca is an unknown quantity at this point

Hm...try to open them and see if there's anything wrong with the board i.e. any burns,black spots etc.Other than that...i don't know,i had a similar problem with Actraiser. The audio played but there was no picture,so i cleaned it and it went back to normal.The other thing that comes to mind is,perhaps the board is a bit loose inside the plastic shell and doesn't fully rest in the system,try to insert just the board (chips and everything facing backwards)
I had this problem with knights of the round.The plastic had worn off where it comes in contact with the board and it was jiggling a bit so i applied some glue and reshaped the plastic to its original position.

Hope you find a solution,it would be a shame to lose such classics.

Regards
N.Y.
yoteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5 Points: 258, Level: 5
User owns 1x Bob-omb User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Gold Coin User owns 1x Pegasuses Boots User owns 1x Green Shell User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Earth Element
User owns 1x Fire Element User owns 1x Gust Jar User owns 1x Four Sword

My Mood: Relaxed
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 2

Mix 1 part rubbing alcohol and 3 parts water. Wet a Q-tip and gently clean the circuitry on the bottom of the cart, then dry with a new Q-tip or paper towel. Should help.

I will die before I ever betray The One who gave me my life to begin with.
~Kid Dynamite

Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote