Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Chemical Plant 2D Speedrun - Probably one of the only ones I could ever do

hey guys, so while playing Sonic Generations last year, I mastered my favourite level in the Chemical Plant 2d remake. I decided to see if I could shave time off my already top 1000 time, and video capture it. Here was the result:

Shaved 3 or 4 seconds off. I now rank 40th in the world. The difference between 3rd and 40th is maybe 0.12 seconds. Not the best time in the world. I know a guy out there glitched a couple spots to get 49 seconds, but I can never pull off speedruns, and am pretty proud of this.

Just thought I'd share. Thoughts?
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Holy crap dude, that's amazing. Sonic speedruns always amaze me. I could never pull that kind of stuff off the way you or anyone else could. Kudos.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100 Points: 32,001, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Thanks haha, not sure I'll ever try more. I only worked at the one level really. My rooftop run 3d aint too bad, but nothing close to this. To attempt this was an over 30-minute recording until I did it flawlessly. The first 5 seconds are the easiest to screw up believe it or not.

Lightning quick reflexes pretty much. Rin said it best, becomes muscle memory after a while. The 2 really bad parts are the begginning trying to full off the rev, hit the ledge, pop over, rev, jump, hold back, hold forward to rev again, launch. So that parts probably the most difficult. The other is after one of the later loop the loops, hopping off to the tower, to another, getting the speed boost, all while blasting through.

Long in short, it takes a lot of practice. Proud of it though. I'd actually tend to agree that sonic speedruns are some of the most difficult, requiring the lightning fast reflexes. I could probably do some for the DKC games, but they seem a lot easier.