Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,742, Level: 100 Points: 57,742, Level: 100 Points: 57,742, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Agents of SHIELD

Anyone here watching this?
I keep meaning to get into it but I keep forgetting and putting it off, I am curious to know what some MCU fans think of it. The general concensus over at IMDB is that it's crap. Is it worth investing the time to watch?

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,644, Level: 37 Points: 3,644, Level: 37 Points: 3,644, Level: 37
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
I haven't seen it myself.

I might rent DVD after SHIELD's 1st season is finished.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
Hakuryuu
memetastic miller
Points: 5,799, Level: 49 Points: 5,799, Level: 49 Points: 5,799, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Not the biggest fan. I didn't particularly care for the first episode, but I'm still giving it a chance off and on.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,742, Level: 100 Points: 57,742, Level: 100 Points: 57,742, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
Not the biggest fan. I didn't particularly care for the first episode, but I'm still giving it a chance off and on.

What do you think overall and what are the flaws?

I feel like the biggest attraction to the show is Coulson especially given his apparent fate in The Avengers but other than that it seems like a somewhat boring aspect of the Marvel Cinematic universe to center a Primetime show on.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #5
Hakuryuu
memetastic miller
User owns 1x Warpstar

Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
What do you think overall and what are the flaws?

I feel like the biggest attraction to the show is Coulson especially given his apparent fate in The Avengers but other than that it seems like a somewhat boring aspect of the Marvel Cinematic universe to center a Primetime show on.
That's my problem. The plots are boring and almost cliche. They tried to milk the whole Avengers craze and comic books, and it's just not working for them. They don't have the original actors (and why would they, it's a TV show not a Hollywood movie) but it just doesn't seem to flow with me. Coulson really was the only focal point that drew people to the show, or at least with me. The whole hacker thing I find kind of cliche.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Ah. So basically it is just a generic spy show with the Marvel brand slapped on it with Coulson being the only link to everything. That's the vibe I was getting. Such a shame.

I mean, true I know Robert Downey Jr. and company can't be bothered to be regulars on a weekly TV show since they have alot of other movie projects to juggle but I think a better idea would have been to center it on other Marvel heroes like Punisher, Luke Cage, Daredevil, etc. something like that. I can't imagine fans were clamoring to know about the goings on at the SHIELD HQ. That sounds like making a show that takes place in the Batman universe, but having it be a cop drama about Commissioner Gordon and the Gotham Cops, with no appearances from Batman or any of the super-villains.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Hakuryuu
memetastic miller
User owns 1x Warpstar

Awards Showcase

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. It's like taking any major superhero franchise but centering on the most minute aspect. Your Batman example was spot on.

I really do feel they just took the whole Avengers craze and just tried to make a cash cow, so to speak. Coulson had a huge fanbase and fan attraction because of his role in the Avengers. There was a reaction and the TV people acted on it.

As far as I know, the ratings are pretty low as well.

Tags
agent coulson, avengers, marvel