Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,456, Level: 95 Points: 24,456, Level: 95 Points: 24,456, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Digital Versions of Marvel Vs Capcom will be removed from PSN and XBL soon

Quote:
Update: A Capcom representative has responded to our request for clarification on the upcoming removal of Marvel vs. Capcom titles from digital services. "Retail copies are currently unaffected," we were told via email. "But no additional copies will be sold into retail channels moving forward."

This hints at a licensing agreement ending between Capcom and Marvel. If you had any thoughts about picking up the Marvel vs. Capcom titles, now's the time to do it. Once that DLC is gone, if you've not purchased a license for it, you'll not be able to again. A similar thing happened with the Marvel Ultimate Alliance titles in 2010.

Original Story:

Soon, digital versions of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and 3 and all of its DLC will no longer be available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

Capcom didn't clarify exactly when or why the games will be pulled from the digital distribution services. In the body of a post on its Unity's site, Capcom states that both Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and its Ultimate version are being pulled, and in the headline for the post, it says that the digital version of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will also disappear soon.

All of Marvel vs. Capcom 3's DLCs are currently 50% off on PSN, with sales details to be revealed soon for Xbox Live. All the DLC will disappear from PSN on December 17 and 19 in North America and Europe respectively, and December 26 on Xbox Live.

Another fighter, unrelated to Capcom or Marvel, Skullgirls, is also currently in danger of being removed from the PlayStation Network.

We've reached out to Capcom for clarification on exactly what is happening here, and whether or not the retail versions of the games will be affected at all.

Thanks to Jorge Garcia for the news tip
SOURCE - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...l-and-psn.aspx
A good example of why I'm afraid of a digital only future
Old 12-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
I read this somewhere yesterday. But, yeah the rumor is true. Disney owns Marvel and it can be a reason of their copyrights & distribution.

In anyway, I have them already. So, I'm good.

Sorry for those folks who don't have them already. I suggest move in quickly and purchase them while it's still available.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Will the online servers be shut down as well?
I don't think I will be buying any other DLC for this game outside of the 1 costume pack I bought anyway. Capcom still made people pay for Shuma and Jill, but the biggest offense of all is having to pay for the privilege of playing Versus mode offline with the computer AI. You would think they would have just thrown these things in the game since Ultimate was released so soon after the vanilla version but nope. I wasn't going to monetarily support the game anymore anyway. Unfortunately too many people did and that's why Capcom gets away with the crap they do.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
I don't think I will be buying any other DLC for this game outside of the 1 costume pack I bought anyway. Capcom still made people pay for Shuma and Jill, but the biggest offense of all is having to pay for the privilege of playing Versus mode offline with the computer AI. You would think they would have just thrown these things in the game since Ultimate was released so soon after the vanilla version but nope. I wasn't going to monetarily support the game anymore anyway. Unfortunately too many people did and that's why Capcom gets away with the crap they do.
I wouldn't say that, from what I've heard, UMVC3 bombed hard
Old 12-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100 Points: 60,106, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
I wouldn't say that, from what I've heard, UMVC3 bombed hard
Is that right? I know Street Fighter X Tekken flopped at launch, but I think that's mainly because everybody was waiting for the "Super"/"Ultimate" version, and ironically the one time they don't do that it comes back to bite them in the butt.

So that's why they are strangling the udders of the Street Fighter IV cash cow for the very last drops.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Megas75
A Festive Philistine

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Is that right? I know Street Fighter X Tekken flopped at launch, but I think that's mainly because everybody was waiting for the "Super"/"Ultimate" version, and ironically the one time they don't do that it comes back to bite them in the butt.

So that's why they are strangling the udders of the Street Fighter IV cash cow for the very last drops.
I thought SFXT bombed because people caught wind of the on-disc DLC?

or could be a bit of both
Old 12-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Yup, it was the on disc-DLC thing too. Thankfully people finally seem to be getting smarter to Capcom's BS. They make great fighters but seriously their business practices...

Old 12-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38 Points: 3,768, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
There have been some reports that X-Men: The Arcade game is no longer available from PSN.

It could be decisive for other related Marvel online games.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Probably so, since Capcom developed most of the Marvel arcsde games back in the day.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #10
Zero
8-bit Roots
Points: 4,265, Level: 41 Points: 4,265, Level: 41 Points: 4,265, Level: 41
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
They're aren't any servers. Server would just slow things down for fighting games that are peer to peer. Online play should stay up for these games for as long as PS3/360/Vita keeps online gameplay up in general.

Basically this is all happening because Capcom is too broke right now to renew the Marvel licenses.

SFxT is actually one of the most solid and well-balanced fighters of this past gen. It's a shame more people didn't embrace it.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote