Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Technical Support > Computers

Notices

Computers Post any Computer related support questions here.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 945, Level: 16 Points: 945, Level: 16 Points: 945, Level: 16
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Sick
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

My Computer Is Slower Than A Three Legged Turtle

Hey All,

I recently installed a 4GB RAM Stick to increase my 4GB memory to 8GB in the hopes that it would speed up and even improve my computer's all around performance. Since I added the stick, nothing has changed really. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Below is a screenshot of all of my installed programs and a link to my computer specs. I was just wondering if you can tell by the screenshot if I need to add or remove any of these to improve my computer's performance. Suggestions of things to try. Below all of this is a list of the things I've tried to combat this slowness. I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox if that helps any.

SCREENSHOT

SPECS

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.492883150

THINGS I'VE TRIED

1. Ran Malwarebytes
2. Ran Latest Avast Free Version scan.
3. Uninstalled all of the card games and crap that come with the computer.
4. Restored system to factory default.
5. Ran CHKDSK utility for errors.
6. Used system enhancing software such as System Mechanic.
7. Scanned for corrupted files.
8. Disabled a couple of startup programs.
9. Defragged

I can't think of anything else to try. Any help would be just great. Thanks for viewing.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 01-03-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 05:05 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,692, Level: 100 Points: 37,692, Level: 100 Points: 37,692, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I'm not good with pcs, but turtles have flippers, not legs. You're thinking about the tortoise, KD ;D

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:04 AM   #3
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 945, Level: 16 Points: 945, Level: 16 Points: 945, Level: 16
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Sick
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
I'm not good with pcs, but turtles have flippers, not legs. You're thinking about the tortoise, KD ;D
I thought that only sea turtles had flippers. Hmm..

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote