Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Favorite Comic Book Movies?

My top 5

5) Hulk (2003). I know I will get flak for this but I am in the minority that actually prefers Ang Lee's Hulk over The Incredible Hulk.

4) Batman (1989). Michael Keaton is my second favorite Batman actor after Christian Bale. I am glad Warner Bros. stuck to their guns and ignored people's petitions to not have him as Batman. Anyway the visuals were pretty cool and for me Jack Nicholson's Joker is just as entertaining as Heath Ledger's (not trying to bait yet another debate about this--both men played the Joker very well and have different interpretations. The performances are too different to be comparable but work perfect for their respective films.)

3) The Amazing Spider-Man. Now Raimi fans please lower your guns I am not saying the Raimi trilogy sucks. It is just I happen to like the new series more as all. The visuals are pretty sweet and I also like it because it has just the right balance of fantasy and realism. It isnt shy about showing super powers and being fantastical but it is not campy or hokey at all. It isn't perfect but it works. I like Andrew Garfield in the role and truth be told I really liked the new suit and I am a little upset they are changing it to look more like the original. But oh well I really look forward to Jamie Foxx as Electro. When I first heard that I was like WTH, but seeing the trailers it seems he will be entertaining in the role.

2) The Dark Knight. Amazing movie. Though I honestly feel like the praise is just a teency bit inflated due to the death of one of its actors before its release, it is just remarkable regardless. Both as a comic book movie and as a movie. And that's not to undercut Mr. Ledger, his performance as the Joker deserves every bit of praise it gets because it seriously never gets old. Neither does Aaron Eckhart's unfortunately overshadowed portryal of Harvey Dent/Two-Face. He actually ended up stealing the show for me as Two Face late in the film as we see his own decent into madness.

1) Batman Begins. I tried not to be biased but it just happens that Batman is the one with the best movies. Even if he does also have the worst. Anyway Begins slightly edges out The Dark Knight for me. Out of Nolan's trilogy it is the one that actually feels the most like a Batman movie. Gotham City actually feels like Gotham City, etc. These movies also never dissappoint with the villains and Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow is no exception. Neither is Ra's Al Ghul as portrayed by
Spoiler
Liam Neeson

Not to mention the Bat voice was perfect in this one and then for some reason they felt the need to exaggerate it in post in the sequels.

Honorable mentions:

Man of Steel. I enjoyed it alot. It has its flaws but all in all it works. It's an origin movie so by its nature it is expected to be just a little boring in the beginning until the hero gets in costume. And yes since most of my top five are origin movies they are the same way. In this case I actually could have done without the opening sequence on Krypton and some of the acting performances felt flat but all in all I like this new Superman series alot I think they perfectly nailed a modern day Superman. I am actually upset they are crowbarring Batman into the sequel believe it or not. They should know Batman being in the movie means he will steal the show and Superman will get upstaged in his own sequel, which isn't fair to Superman fans. I eagerly await his next solo film now that the obligatory origin and spiels about destiny are out of the way.

Watchmen: Yes I actually liked it. Faithful adaptation of the mini series so I don't see why other fans hated it.

TL;DR

Hulk
Batman '89
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins

honorable mentions:

Man of Steel
Watchmen

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Avengers - Most of my favorite superheroes in a blast of a movie. Now only if we can get a Justice League movie(I know there's one coming, but I don't like how it's turning up)
Old 01-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Gareth

I can't believe you didn't mention any of the Batman animated movies bro.

5. Batman - Under The Red Hood
The opening scene where robin gets literally beat to death by the joker? Dear god.

4. The Amazing Spider-Man
I really didn't think it was as bad as people say, i do wish they hadn't have redone the origin story. Chocolate milk my ass but i like how hes a lot more true to the comics, people complained about andrew not being muscular enough but that's spiderman all over, small skinny and super agile. It's his powers that make him strong not the gym.

3. Judge Dredd (The remake)
I can tell it was a low budget indie film because of where it takes place but it's pretty spot on and true to the Dredd Comics in every way.

2. Iron Man
I shouldn't have to explain this, if you don't think RDJ is the perfect Tony Stark then get out.

1. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Brandyn, if you haven't seen this please watch it NOW. It's a two part movie based on the comic by the same name. This and Under the red hood are why i still have faith in 18+ animated movies. Batman is fat, old and retired but criminals are still running riot. He has nobody to take the mantle. I mean this is the movie where he KILLS the joker, literally KILLS him and then defeats Superman.

Watch it, now.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100 Points: 59,829, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
I was mainly talking about live actions films but there are some great animated ones. I do have Batman: Year One and have heard great things about Under the Red Hood.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
Gareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
I was mainly talking about live actions films but there are some great animated ones. I do have Batman: Year One and have heard great things about Under the Red Hood.
Why not stream them?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

All of the Hulk ones.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #7
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
1. The Avengers
2. Man of Steel
3. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises
Old 01-08-2014, 12:45 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloratings View Post
1. The Avengers
2. Man of Steel
3. Batman: The Dark Knight Rises
Why is Rises your favorite of the trilogy, out of curiosity. I didn't think Rises was bad (gaping, hard to ignore plot holes aside), and Bane was awesome, but it is definitely the weakest of the trilogy in my opinion and that of most other fans.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #9
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38 Points: 3,725, Level: 38
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
I find that movie finally bringing up Batman meets his "equally level" nemesis in that movie, Bane. Bane has done much worse for Batman in the story, although there were some confusions in many parts that I couldn't follow. Tbh, just an opinion from me, in a real fair fight, Bane is sure the winner.

Last edited by eloratings; 01-08-2014 at 03:57 PM.
eloratings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
I'll do my top 3, full of generic reasons that mostly center around the attractive main character. I'm not too big into super heroes; that was mostly my brother's domain as a kid. Still, I'll go and watch the new movies that come out when I have the money.

1. Iron Man 2: If you don't know, I love RDJ. RDJ is Tony Stark. Tony Stark is RDJ. There is no differentiation to be made. Other than the delicious eye candy that is RDJ, I really liked the movie's action scenes and the acting was great.

2. The Avengers: I remember coming out of the midnight release wanting to go right back inside. The sass, the action, the everything. I loved The Avengers more than I thought I would. The people I went to the movies with thought the ending was cheesy, but it got me. I loved them incorporating it into Iron Man 3.

3. The Amazing Spider-Man: Andrew Garfield won me over. Completely. I'm starting to sound like an idiot or some boy obsessed fangirl, but he really captured the movie. He has that awkward teen feeling down pat. He's a bit old, but hey, he might can keep it up.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote