Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 01-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 609, Level: 12 Points: 609, Level: 12 Points: 609, Level: 12
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

What Advice Can You Offer Others From Your Life Experiences?

Hello All.

I thought that I had already created this topic but no hits on the search so I guess it's alright. What advice can you offer others from your experiences in your life up to this point? Mine is this: You can turn your back on a person but not a chemical. Be careful how you conduct yourself around someone who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Some people are awesome to be around when they're straight, but when under the influence can be a completely different person altogether. Watch what you say and how you say it.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 01-07-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
Gareth

This is a good thread, 100% right on the people acting completely different. Had a friend in the forces who was a 10/10 bloke. Really nice guy, family man would do anything. Always buying his family gifts when away even if only for a week and you could never say anything bad about him. He went home on leave and did some drugs with a few of his old high school friends and he got addicted. I knew about it but i didn't say anything untill i found out he was hit his wife because she hid his stash.

Drugs can really change a person, people don't realise the mental and psychical harm it causes even social drugs like weed can lead onto heavier stuff when it doesn't give you the high it used too.

Anyway, advice for life?
When you start work, open a separate bank account and put a little bit of your wages into that every month, even if it's something silly like 10%. It add's up and comes in handy for a rainy day believe me.

Try not to worry about what anyone else thinks, you're you. You do you, you know what makes you happy and you shouldn't need to try to fit in somebody elses idea of normal. (Although there is a limit, jesus people)

Learn a language, it opens so many doors for you in the job market and makes your life seem a little better. Trust me on this, it's a handy skill and ladies love it.

Beards are awesome.

Last edited by Gareth; 01-07-2014 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #3
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

try everything at least once, esp. in beers =)

be open minded but dont trust right away. trust only works with time.

not everyone is your friend or they pretend to be ( to long to continue on that )

at what Gareth said, open a separate account ... heck, i wouldnt even touch that. just let it grow .... once it has over 10k, that can be used if there are any hiccups along the way, like, out of work, engine or tranny going out in the car/ truck, medical, etc ..... so called emergency money

did i mention beer ....??
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Smoking isn't going to kill you straight away, but it has more of an effect than you think. Oh you looked it up on Google and found out it's actually good for you, and weed is better than medicine? Get a reality check and stop kidding yourself. It's all fun and games, smoking, injecting yourself, popping pills. We're young, let's get shit faced. Enjoy your middle age when you're decrepit and jobless.
Advice: Drugs aren't worth it.

Also, that girl/guy you love. You'll find better. They'll find better. Forever means "until I'm no longer infatuated", and 'I promise' means they're too afraid to be tell you the cold hard reality that they will eventually leave you but right now, they have feelings that are slowly dripping away.

Blunt, but that's life.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,968, Level: 50 Points: 5,968, Level: 50 Points: 5,968, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
1. It's not always your fault
  • People will take advantage of you and your kindness, your gullibility. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time is entirely possible. Don't let anyone try to convince you that something was "your fault" when you had no control over the situation. Always remember that.
2. People will come and go in your life
  • Things don't last forever. Relationships and friendships only last as long as the two of you are willing to make them last. People will lose interest and move on. For those who don't, cherish them and let them know every once and a while you appreciate them.
3. It's okay to fail
  • Human beings aren't perfect. You failed that math test? So what? Do something about it! Don't wallow in your shame and despair. Realize your mistakes and remind yourself that everyone, even great people like Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison failed. Multiple times, in fact. Use your failure as an inspiration to do better the next time.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,116, Level: 100 Points: 59,116, Level: 100 Points: 59,116, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
The Friend Zone is only as real as you make it. If someone does not return your feelings just leave them alone. Because in reality they don't actually care if you are friends but they offer that because no one wants to look like a bitch/douchebag. And don't resent them for their feelings if they dont feel you like that they just don't. Settling for being just friends will make you feel like crap inside like you are less than human especially when they get a bf/gf. Just gracefully accept the rejection and leave the person alone and find someone else.

EDIT: Not that there is anything wrong with platonic opposite sex friendships, thos advice applies when you fall for someone right off the bat and they say no thanks. Falling for a friend you have already known for quite sometime is a different beast.

And like Hakuryuu said people come and go. You may find that people who were once your best friends seem distant now and sometimes as we mature we grow apart from some friends and find new ones. I was born in MI and moved to Arizona in 2008. That didnt work out so my family moved back home to Michigan in late 2011. I spent so much of 2008 brooding about the drastic change I blew off alot of the people who were trying to actually get to know me (many of whom were very pretty girls!). I did end up making a couple really close friends out there but I yearned to move back and be with my old friends. In 2011 I got my wish and was psyched at first but when I got back I noticed many of my old friends grew up, some changed fpr the worst, and I really have nothing in common with them anymore. Meanwhile my Arizona friends still keep telling me how much they miss me to this day so really the lesson is also that change can be a great thing.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe

Last edited by Brandyn; 01-07-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,704, Level: 38 Points: 3,704, Level: 38 Points: 3,704, Level: 38
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
The Friend Zone is only as real as you make it. If someone does not return your feelings just leave them alone. Because in reality they don't actually care if you are friends but they offer that because no one wants to look like a bitch/douchebag. And don't resent them for their feelings if they dont feel you like that they just don't. Settling for being just friends will make you feel like crap inside like you are less than human especially when they get a bf/gf. Just gracefully accept the rejection and leave the person alone and find someone else.
So a girl can't just want to be friends with a guy? I have to say, a few of the guys I've dated I had previously turned down and just wanted to be friends. If you can't be friends with me, how can we be in a relationship? Friendship comes first, then maybe something more will develop, maybe not. You can't have a real relationship without friendship though.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #8
Holysnap
you're the worst
Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather

Holysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Send a message via MSN to Holysnap
If possible and you have the means, see the world, or at least learn about other cultures.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #9
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,116, Level: 100 Points: 59,116, Level: 100 Points: 59,116, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanePsychoSuper View Post
So a girl can't just want to be friends with a guy? I have to say, a few of the guys I've dated I had previously turned down and just wanted to be friends. If you can't be friends with me, how can we be in a relationship? Friendship comes first, then maybe something more will develop, maybe not. You can't have a real relationship without friendship though.
What I meant was when you express feelings to a crush and they turn you down. There is nothing wrong at all with platonic friendships with the opposite sex. I have many purely platonic female friends including my best friend. I was talking about crushes, when you fall for someone right off the bat and they turn you down. Falling for someone you are already friends with for quite some time is a different beast. I just meant when people have crushes and they say no but maybe we can still be friends. That's when I say "no thanks I have enough friends." The Friend Zone is basically when you still like you still like them even when they aren't interested. But having a friend who happens to be the opposite gender and neither partt has romantic interest is different and nothing wrong with that at all.

Nintendo/PlayStation Network ID: Brandyn_Johnson

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Paul, Steve
Tekken 6 mains: Paul, Steve, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #10
Holysnap
you're the worst
Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30 Points: 2,577, Level: 30
User owns 1x Magic Cape Feather

Holysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to allHolysnap is a name known to all

Awards Showcase
Royalty 

Send a message via MSN to Holysnap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
What I meant was when you express feelings to a crush and they turn you down. There is nothing wrong at all with platonic friendships with the opposite sex. I have many purely platonic female friends including my best friend. I was talking about crushes, when you fall for someone right off the bat and they turn you down. Falling for someone you are already friends with for quite some time is a different beast. I just meant when people have crushes and they say no but maybe we can still be friends. That's when I say "no thanks I have enough friends." The Friend Zone is basically when you still like you still like them even when they aren't interested. But having a friend who happens to be the opposite gender and neither partt has romantic interest is different and nothing wrong with that at all.
In some ways I agree, but I think its just different depending on the situation and how you deal with it. I had a problem like that with my now best friend, and sure it was hard at first but now I don't regret sticking around.