Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Old 01-07-2014, 02:28 AM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 972, Level: 16 Points: 972, Level: 16 Points: 972, Level: 16
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Sick
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

A Question About What The Bible Says About Nostalgia

Hey.

I was just wondering if anyone can help me with this. Quite often I find myself thinking about how much I miss things from my past and yearn to return to that time in my life when I was so happy. Sometimes it really saddens me because I know that it's impossible to do so. I understand that the present and future aren't going to be much fun if I'm constantly dwelling on the past, but it's hard not to for me. Knowing that provides me little comfort though. The Bible touches on the subject, but I'm not sure if I understand what it is exactly that it's saying. I was hoping that maybe someone can click the link below to a site that attempts to answer my question and clarify what it says. I'm just not sure exactly what it means.

Godspeed,
KD

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/...-heroes-warts/

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 01-07-2014 at 02:39 AM.
Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,717, Level: 100 Points: 37,717, Level: 100 Points: 37,717, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I read the page you linked. From what it describes it's bad in the same way the seven deadly sins are. Which, for the record I think is ridiculous. All seven sins being feelings or emotions a person cannot help but feel throughout life. I think saying nostalgia is in the same boat would be fair.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
I read the page you linked. From what it describes it's bad in the same way the seven deadly sins are. Which, for the record I think is ridiculous. All seven sins being feelings or emotions a person cannot help but feel throughout life. I think saying nostalgia is in the same boat would be fair.
So basically it's wrong to do stuff that you do regardless of whether or not you mean to do it?

Rad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote