Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Nintendo wants to explore the mobile market, but not with games

Quote:
Last week’s news that Nintendo will miss its sales and overall financial forecasts for the current fiscal year led the company to suggest it will explore different business models moving forward. While mobile seems like the obvious place for a company already dominating the handheld space, anticipation of Mario and friends making the jump to iOS and Android are premature.

Speaking on Friday during a news conference, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata talked about how the company might approach other segments. “The key is to figure out a way to use smartphones to make people aware of Nintendo’s games, and encourage them to try out the console version of the games,” Iwata suggests. "It doesn’t mean that we should put Mario on smartphones.”

In November, Nintendo purchased stock in Dwango, which owns mobile video company Nico Nico Douga. At the time the company wasn’t specific about the motivations behind the purchase, but was clear that it wasn’t to distribute titles via the service.
SOURCE - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ith-games.aspx

It would be interesting for them to use mobile apps for companion apps of full releases, like making your mobile device a pokedex or a Metroid Scanner

Just as long as they don't pull a Capcom and do something stupid like release the next F-Zero on the iOS
Old 01-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Oh hey this is what I said a few days ago, neat! I'm happy they want to do it this way. A Miiverse app and an eShop app are probably their top priority when it comes to apps. Here's some other apps I just thought of real quick:

Wii Fit Calorie Counter app
A complete pokedex app
A extensive Nintendo encyclopedia (like the MGS one on PS3)
Nintendo Phone stuff bundles (Ring tones, Backgrounds, Text tones, smilies, etc)
Nintendo music on itunes/other places.

more edited in: Maybe an Animal Crossing type of thing like LINE? (if any of you know what that is)

Kinda just random BS I thought of, but it would be pretty neat . They actually released pokemon HGSS soundtrack on itunes a few days ago I believe so they are already working on the last one lol

Last edited by Pokeman; 01-20-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

PokÚdex, eShop, and Miiverse would all make cool apps. Club Nintendo too.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
Pokeman
Good ol PT

Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Oh yeah, I forgot all about club nintendo

Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #5
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,908, Level: 39 Points: 3,908, Level: 39 Points: 3,908, Level: 39
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 8

A complete PokÚdex which would allow you to mark what you've caught would be really cool. An Animal Crossing app sounds awesome too. Both of those I see more of coming in from the people who do the guides though. I suppose Nintendo could themselves if they wanted to though.

A Miiverse and a Club Nintendo app would be awesome. It'd be very convenient to enter your codes on when you get games.

Offering game soundtracks on iTunes would be pretty cool too.
SanePsychoSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 

I'd kill to see the F-Zero X arranged soundtrack on iTunes
Old 01-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

I still believe that Nintendo will eventually release games on there. They may not be huge franchise games to begin with, but niche games similar to those found on the eShop, like Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, etc. Nintendo has a history of changing their stance on certain trends in the industry. They were opposed to DLC for the longest time, for example.

There is huge demand for Nintendo games on mobile devices. Hell, when that Pokemon Yellow ROM hit iTunes, it was a top seller for a couple of hours. Let me say that again....

In the span of a couple of hours, a ROM of a Pokemon game was a top seller in iTunes.

Why does Nintendo hate money.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #8
Pokeman
Good ol PT

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
I still believe that Nintendo will eventually release games on there. They may not be huge franchise games to begin with, but niche games similar to those found on the eShop, like Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, etc.

There is huge demand for Nintendo games on mobile devices. Hell, when that Pokemon Yellow ROM hit iTunes, it was a top seller for a couple of hours. Let me say that again....

In the span of a couple of hours, a ROM of a Pokemon game was a top seller in iTunes.

Why does Nintendo hate money.
I think it's just their outdated look at the market. They DID say they were going to look at it from a fresh new angle. I think ports of older games instead of new ones would make them more money though, but that's just my opinion. I'm also kind of selfish because I want Nintendo 100% devoted to the Wii U and 3DS

Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
ゼルダ姫
aka - Shiiku
Points: 1,998, Level: 26 Points: 1,998, Level: 26 Points: 1,998, Level: 26
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic

My Mood: Tired
ゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award NFF Old Man Award Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to ゼルダ姫 PSN ID: SmashBrosSheik WiiU ID: Shiiku
I like the sounds of everything mentioned above.

If nothing else this does sound rather promising. I trust Iwata knows his stuff and how to lure the crowd, even if that means he'll "succumb" to the release of some kind of games on the mobile market. He's brought Nintendo a long way. Either route he takes I can only see it bringing more attention to the home console/portable/company.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #10
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I'm with Nintenduendo on this, I'd also like to see old games on the app store too. I'd be great to buy an old Pokemon game without having to pay $20+ for it.

Again, I'm fine with most of their plans as long as they release long awaited sequels for a franchise on the iPhone or follow in Square/Capcom's footsteps