Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii > Mario Kart Wii

Notices

Mario Kart Wii All about Mario Kart Wii

Old 01-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 921, Level: 16 Points: 921, Level: 16 Points: 921, Level: 16
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Hot
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Are The Racer's Stats Different, Or Is It All In The Vehicle?

Aloha!

I was just wondering if each of the racers actually have better or worse skills
before they are driving any specific car? Is it all in the vehicle is what I'm
asking.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,793, Level: 76 Points: 13,793, Level: 76 Points: 13,793, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
I'm pretty sure that it's the drivers from what I remember.. I know the drivers matter at least because of their weight

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pokeman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
I think that it's both the karts and the drivers.
Each character is said to have their own bonuses in the game. Mario and Luigi both have a weight of 6, while Mario has 2 on Acceleration and Handling, and Luigi has 2 on Speed, for example. Source: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_Wii#Bonuses
The vehicles also have different effects. http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_Wii#Vehicles

In short, Racers do have specific skills before driving the kart.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JemStar For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,680, Level: 100 Points: 37,680, Level: 100 Points: 37,680, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Yup it's why try hard clanners always use Funky Kong + Bowser Bike (or Daisy/Mach if you prefer medium weight). Technically the fastest combo in the game, and at high skill levels you really notice it.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Konata For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,735, Level: 100 Points: 57,735, Level: 100 Points: 57,735, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Yes I am pretty sure it's both. Each vehicle has its own stats, and the weight of the driver is also a factor.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brandyn For This Useful Post: