Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 02-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
‹ber Zealot
Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Hot
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Think Twice!

Hey everyone. Hope everything's going well. I was up all night playing chess and around 9:00am give or take, decided to walk down to Tim Hortons for a cup of jet fuel. I'm walking in and this rather large woman was getting out of her car. It was close so I held the door open for. (I'm such a gentleman)

Anyway, as she is walking in this girl who must be at least 14-15 with her friends with so much makeup on you'd need a chisel to remove it, made a remark about the lady's weight by saying: "Look! That woman has two asses!" She meant this because the lady had a rather large butt coupled with a big belly. There's a high school nearby, so my guess is they were from there.

The woman responded. Clearly hurt by the remark and said to the girl with the big mouth that she should apologize and said to her: "How would you like it if I told your mother what you said?" Just as I'm about to let the little punk have it with a tsunami of nasty words, the girl responded by laughing and said: "I don't have a mother bitch!"

At this point I started feeling more pity than anger for the girl. I kept my mouth shut and went in to get my coffee. My parents love me very much
and have always been there for me. I don't know the pain that comes from not having parents so I'm not going to pretend I do.

For any member(s) here who are in this situation, you have my deepest sympathies. I hope this thread doesn't stir up any hurtful feelings. It must be truly awful. Even though the girl was out of line, she must have one painful life. Possibly a life so rough that it would kick my ass. If I'm correct, she is suffering and if she isn't laughing all of the time from any
source she could find, she'd most likely be crying in pain on a daily basis. I'm not advocating disrespect to others. Remarks like that are very painful for a person of a + size. I think that a lot of people seem to forget that under all of that weight a heart still beats and can be hurt and broken like everyone else's.

That girl's remark made me think about just how fourtunate I am to have a mother that loves me. You only get one and she's my life. I guess the point here is that you never truly know someone and what they may or may or not be going through in life. Maybe this girl would have turned out different if her mother was there for her. For anyone who is on bad terms with the ones you love, try your best to make up. God only knows what I'd do if I woke up tomorrow to found my mother dead. Although it would still crush me to lose her, at least I have comfort in the knowledge that she didn't die the day after we had some stupid anger filled argument or something.

I know that this has been a long read, but important imo.

God bless,
Jason

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Alice
Princess of NFF~
Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100 Points: 32,489, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
How do you just non-chalantly say 'I have no mother' to someone else? How can than not hurt you on the inside?

People these days worry me. I'd be lost without my parents, namely my mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 57,598, Level: 100 Points: 57,598, Level: 100 Points: 57,598, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Interesting experience.

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #4
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Those feels.
I don't have my mum either. The fact that she laughed and added "bitch" on the end of it makes me feel angry though. If some stupid high school kid came up to me and said "I banged your mum last night" I'd say straight up "That's pretty sick considering she's dead." Wouldn't call him a name or laugh about it though.
I feel sorry for her, but she sounds like a piece of work. Maybe not having a mother messed her up though. It can if you're too young.

I'm glad you appreciate your parents though. Not many people realise how important they are in time, myself included.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
Kid Dynamite
‹ber Zealot
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice-sama View Post
How do you just non-chalantly say 'I have no mother' to someone else? How can than not hurt you on the inside?

People these days worry me. I'd be lost without my parents, namely my mother.
Well. I guess maybe it was her way of dealing with it. One could simply call the girl a mouthy little bitch, which was about what I was going to call her until she made the remark. It just got me thinking about how important my mother is to me, and I'm 38yo!

I have difficulty believing that children are born nasty. As adults, we corrupt them. This girl somehow summoned the audacity to insult this lady the way she did, learned it from somewhere. I'm not a parent, but at the same time it must be next to impossible to keep an eye on a child 24/7. Maybe she wasn't raised to respect her elders? Maybe her friends made her that way. It's hard to say. To say what she said with such disrespect is because she may have a real hard life and has become hardened by society. That, and almost all young kids that age are mouthy. When I was young if I made a remark like that to a person who is struggling with their weight, my mother would have disciplined me for it. I'm certain of that.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Old 02-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,622, Level: 100 Points: 37,622, Level: 100 Points: 37,622, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

You never know if it's true to be fair. Almost everyone I'd ever had a childish argument with back when I was a kid said their mother or father was dead. Since she started laughing as well she's either heartless or lying.

Not to ruin your thread obviously, your point is still important.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
eloratings
Posting freak
Points: 3,631, Level: 37 Points: 3,631, Level: 37 Points: 3,631, Level: 37
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii

My Mood: Tired
eloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to beholdeloratings is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes
People would feel sorry at the end when their lovely parents die. I know I did. I had very some arguements with my mother all the time.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 PM   #8
Kid Dynamite
‹ber Zealot

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by eloratings View Post
People would feel sorry at the end when their lovely parents die. I know I did. I had very some arguements with my mother all the time.
I'm sorry for your loss eloratings. You have my deepest condolences.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Hakuryuu
memetastic miller
Points: 5,756, Level: 49 Points: 5,756, Level: 49 Points: 5,756, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
You never know if it's true to be fair. Almost everyone I'd ever had a childish argument with back when I was a kid said their mother or father was dead. Since she started laughing as well she's either heartless or lying.

Not to ruin your thread obviously, your point is still important.
I was about to say this. I would hope that if her mother was deceased, she wouldn't have said that and laughed about it. You can't really know if she's telling the truth or not, but something tells me, she was lying to get out of trouble.

It's still a sad reality that kids grow up without their parents, and like you said, it's important to bridge the gaps and make amends with family members you are on bad terms with.

Hakuryuu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Haaaan!
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote