Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
Mable
Pines
Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Sm Mario Nintendo Direct Feburary Roundup

Nintendo held another one of their Nintendo Direct online press conferences yesterday, packed full of news about upcoming 3DS and Wii U games. Here’s a quick rundown of what Nintendo covered yesterday. You can watch the full press conference here.

Game Boy Advance games are coming to the Wii U’s Virtual Console in April.
Nintendo didn’t say what day GBA games will be available for the North American Virtual Console in April, but did announce that the first batch of games will include Metroid: Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3.

Little Mac from Punch-Out joins the latest Super Smash Bros game for Wii U and 3DS.
That tiny little guy from the Punch-Out games will be a playable character in Super Smash Bros for the first time. It’s surprising that it’s taken this long, considering his entire existence is devoted to hand-to-hand combat. Perhaps his skills in the sweet science don’t translate well to the lawless chaos of a Smash scrum.

NES Remix 2 will be released for the Wii U on April 25.
Nintendo’s first mash-up of NES games was an Apple-style instant release surprise at the last Nintendo Direct in December, but they gave us two months head’s up for the sequel. The latest post-modern sampler platter will slice up levels and scenes from Metroid, Super Mario Bros 3, Kid Icarus and several other NES classics. It will also include a game called Super Luigi Bros, which is described as a mirror image of the original Super Mario Bros, with the playable character Luigi walking from right to left.

X will apparently play somewhat like Xenoblade Chronicles.
Xenoblade Chronicles was an excellent RPG that came out late in the Wii’s life. Its small print run sold out fast and now copies fetch goofy sums online. It was developed by Monolith Soft, who are now working on a follow-up for the Wii U. Footage from that follow-up, currently referred to as X, was shown during yesterday’s presentation, and the battle system resembles that of Xenoblade Chronicles. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said X’s battle system would have “more polish” than Xenoblade’s. Since Brian Taylor only tentatively praised Xenoblade’s combat in his review for Paste, “more polish” sounds like a good idea.

Mario Kart 8 arrives on the Wii U on May 30.
The latest Mario Kart will blitz through the Wii U at the end of May, featuring the regular rosters of racers along with a handful of new entrants, including all of the Koopalings from Super Mario Bros 3.

3DS release dates galore.
Nintendo dated half a dozen 3DS games yesterday, including one that hit the 3DS eShop during the press conference.
Inazuma Eleven, a soccer RPG from Level-5: February 13
Weapon Shop de Omasse: February 20
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy: February 28
Pokemon Battle Trozei, a match-three puzzler: March 20
Mario Golf: World Tour: May 2
Kirby Triple Deluxe: May 2
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94 Points: 24,201, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
X and Bayonetta 2 make me squee
Old 02-17-2014, 03:41 AM   #3
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,771, Level: 78 Points: 14,771, Level: 78 Points: 14,771, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Super Member Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award 
Total Awards: 10

Has anybody else Pre-Ordered MK8?

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:29 AM   #4
Mable
Pines
Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 

I have! Same with SSB on Wii U
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,519, Level: 100 Points: 38,519, Level: 100 Points: 38,519, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Unless there's a bonus or CE/LE I'm not pre-ordering MK8. I might pre-order Kirby Triple Deluxe though.

Also, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is coming out on 28th March. Weird they didn't mention that.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #6
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,155, Level: 51 Points: 6,155, Level: 51 Points: 6,155, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
I'm kind of on the fence about X now that I've seen it has a similar battle system to Xenoblade.

Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,898, Level: 39 Points: 3,898, Level: 39 Points: 3,898, Level: 39
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 8

I don't have anything pre-ordered right now. Here's my thoughts on the rest:

I'm excited for GBA games on Wii U.

Don't really care one way or the other about Little Mac. Totes excited about the game though~ I might end up pre-ordering it once there's a release date.. and if I can afford it.

I might have to check out these NES remixes. It looked interesting the last ND, but didn't check it out.

X looks awesome the same way Xenoblade looked awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't like the battle system.

Pretty excited for MK8, but might not get it right away.

I might check out Weapon Shop and the Pokemon puzzle game.. depending on their price.

Not mentioned in that list.. but Bayonetta 2 is looking pretty awesome. I never played the first, but still thinking about checking this one out.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,775, Level: 100 Points: 59,775, Level: 100 Points: 59,775, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
I just checked it out on my 3DS. I liked what I saw.

Little Mac looks fun to play as albeit possibly broken. But then again of course a trailer's job is to make the character look uber awesome, better than they are in-game (his recovery looks horrid, possibly the worst in the series).

Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze look amazing.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote