Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Advice

Notices

Advice Have a personal issue, seek advice here

Old 03-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,817, Level: 100 Points: 59,817, Level: 100 Points: 59,817, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
I just had a morbid nightmare

Just minutes ago. I was wondering if anyone here has had a similar nightmare. Well, I classify it as a nightmare because though I was in no danger, it was pretty harrowing. And this is from someone who rarely experiences nightmares/night terrors and doesn't remember most of his dreams, but this one was really surreal.

I was in the car with my mom and we pulled up to this drive thru ATM, like the ones attached to banks but this one was attached to a convience store. When we pulled up, the place was strewn with dead bodies. None of them was anyone I know, just a bunch of dead bodies. Some a little bloody but overall there was hardly any blood, as though most of them had simply dropped dead. My mom had no reaction, I wasn't sure if she saw them. A little boy and his dad came out the convience store and the little boy saw them too and was talking to the police on the scene about it.

There wasn't any audible dialog though, the bulk of it was looking around at all the dead bodies.

There was also a seemingly detached segment afterwards where I was in the grocery store with my mom and sister and as we were walking towards Frozen food, there was a man reflected in the frozen food doors where the milk and stuff is kept was a man with a black object in his hand that looked like a gun walking behind us. I spun around to confront him and that's where it ended. (Sorry for the cliffhanger.) Looking back, this may have possibly been the gunman responsible for the horrific scene earlier.

Has anyone else dreamed about dead bodies? Any interpreations?

Last edited by Brandyn; 03-01-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I once had a dream where I was walking towards the marketplace in front of my school, and there was a few people across the street where the marketplace was. Then out of nowhere, a crazy homeless person went around stabbing people in the guts, when I saw this happen I began sprinting back to school. Unfortunately the crazy person saw me and started sprinting towards me too. Thankfully he used the used the crosswalk like a good citizen before continuing to run after me, but the story ends there.

Coincidentally it was only about a couple days ago
Old 03-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,817, Level: 100 Points: 59,817, Level: 100 Points: 59,817, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
I once had a dream where I was walking towards the marketplace in front of my school, and there was a few people across the street where the marketplace was. Then out of nowhere, a crazy homeless person went around stabbing people in the guts, when I saw this happen I began sprinting back to school. Unfortunately the crazy person saw me and started sprinting towards me too. Thankfully he used the used the crosswalk like a good citizen before continuing to run after me, but the story ends there.

Coincidentally it was only about a couple days ago
Good to know deranged assailants retain their street manners.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
OH ME ME LET ME LET ME

I mean ahem.

I told you some stuff on facebook but now that I've read the whole dream, I can expand a little more. Remember, I don't have a phD or anything, so take what you want.

I think dead bodies in general, whether it be human bodies or animal corpses represent things like repression. There are perhaps some aspects of yourself that you are denying or not accepting. Maybe an event in your life that you have kept hidden for many years? These things want to become known, acknowledged in the waking conscious which is why they are presented in the subconscious mind. Perhaps your body wants you to reach your full potential and stop hiding. You can see this in the image of the little boy talking to the police officer about the "crime" he witnessed. This may sound like a bunch of bull, so bare with me. The young child represents your subconscious attempting to tell you, the police officer, to quit repressing or hiding whatever it is you're protecting. Your ego is at conflicts here.

Perhaps in the second segment with the gunman, whatever it is you are repressing directly confronted you in the dream. Kind of like "HERE I AM PLS NOTICE ME" type of thing. Your subconscious is begging your conscious AKA you recognize and acknowledge those fears, bring them out, and move on.

I know dreams of death are troubling and scaring, but they don't have to be. Sometimes, dreaming of death lets us really know our surroundings and become in tune with the outside as well as ourselves.

Although...Sigmund Freud did say sometimes dreams are really just dreams. We attach meanings to things in dreams that may not HAVE meanings. Just because you dream of trees and lamp posts, doesn't mean your subconscious is trying to show you--well, we'll leave that up for imagination.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
OH ME ME LET ME LET ME

I mean ahem.

I told you some stuff on facebook but now that I've read the whole dream, I can expand a little more. Remember, I don't have a phD or anything, so take what you want.

I think dead bodies in general, whether it be human bodies or animal corpses represent things like repression. There are perhaps some aspects of yourself that you are denying or not accepting. Maybe an event in your life that you have kept hidden for many years? These things want to become known, acknowledged in the waking conscious which is why they are presented in the subconscious mind. Perhaps your body wants you to reach your full potential and stop hiding. You can see this in the image of the little boy talking to the police officer about the "crime" he witnessed. This may sound like a bunch of bull, so bare with me. The young child represents your subconscious attempting to tell you, the police officer, to quit repressing or hiding whatever it is you're protecting. Your ego is at conflicts here.

Perhaps in the second segment with the gunman, whatever it is you are repressing directly confronted you in the dream. Kind of like "HERE I AM PLS NOTICE ME" type of thing. Your subconscious is begging your conscious AKA you recognize and acknowledge those fears, bring them out, and move on.

I know dreams of death are troubling and scaring, but they don't have to be. Sometimes, dreaming of death lets us really know our surroundings and become in tune with the outside as well as ourselves.

Although...Sigmund Freud did say sometimes dreams are really just dreams. We attach meanings to things in dreams that may not HAVE meanings. Just because you dream of trees and lamp posts, doesn't mean your subconscious is trying to show you--well, we'll leave that up for imagination.
Color me impressed. That theory makes sense, and after the initial fright wore off upon waking up it did male me re examine everything.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #6
Alice
----
Points: 32,768, Level: 100 Points: 32,768, Level: 100 Points: 32,768, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Doctor Dara in the hizouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #7
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Quote:
I'm surprised he didn't make out that it was related to sexual stuff.
Sorry, just every time I've come across him he's made every thing to do with the sub conscious connected to sexuals.

That sounds horrible. I don't do psychology, but I agree with Haku, my common sense is telling me it may mean you're repressing something BUT that isn't reliable. I keep having nightmare type dreams about pretty horrific things but they never scare me.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.

Last edited by JemStar; 03-01-2014 at 07:32 PM.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
I'm surprised he didn't make out that it was related to sexual stuff.
Sorry, just every time I've come across him he's made every thing to do with the sub conscious connected to sexuals.

That sounds horrible. I don't do psychology, but I agree with Haku, my common sense is telling me it may mean you're repressing something BUT that isn't reliable. I keep having nightmare type dreams about pretty horrific things but they never scare me.
Well, he WAS the father of psychoanalysis which deals heavily with sexual material. For an extremely long time... say 100 years or so, his information was the go to for psychology. However, people started branching off and started realizing not everything in someone's life is about sex. Having depression doesn't mean you're repressing sexual desires towards like..your mom or something. Doctors got tired of it lol.

I was making a joke about the trees and lamp posts because of their...ahem, appearance and how that's a stereotypical Freudian type analysis.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #9
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Quote:
Well, he WAS the father of psychoanalysis which deals heavily with sexual material. For an extremely long time... say 100 years or so, his information was the go to for psychology. However, people started branching off and started realizing not everything in someone's life is about sex. Having depression doesn't mean you're repressing sexual desires towards like..your mom or something. Doctors got tired of it lol.

I was making a joke about the trees and lamp posts because of their...ahem, appearance and how that's a stereotypical Freudian type analysis.
I haven't come across him much in my studies since I don't do psychology, he's just been mentioned in my philosophy lessons. And somehow all of that has linked back to sexual development. We all giggled at his Oedipus complex theory.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote