Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Comment
 
Review Tools
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (WARNING: MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME)
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (WARNING: MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME)
Published by Kid Dynamite
03-07-2014
Author review
Movie Rating
90%90%90%
9
Average 90%
The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (WARNING: MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME)




Being a believer in demonic possession the this movie caught my eye. Released in 2005 and directed by Scott Derrickson, it won the MTV movie award for best "Scared As Shit" performance. It's a true story based on a girl named Anneliese Michel from Germany who was possessed by demons. This movie is absolutely bone chilling. It is not an easy movie to watch. The acting is just superb and brilliantly put together to really add the spook to the mix. The video included is very disturbing. It's the real exorcism audio. Not for the faint of heart by any means. Many say that she was just a severe epileptic. There's no damn way this audio is fake. Also. I don't buy that the epilepsy was responsible for this horrendous event. I included a brief rundown of her suffering. If you haven't seen the movie, this will help you gain a deeper understanding of just how horrendous her situation truly was. You listen well and you draw your own conclusions. Not what "Experts" claim it is. I'm also going to use the video as the audio background for effect while you are viewing.




A Brief Rundown

Anneliese Michel was born in Leiblfing, Bavaria, Germany on September 21, 1952, and was raised in the small Bavarian town of Klingenberg am Main, where her father operated a saw-mill. Her parents were devout Catholics and she grew into a deeply religious person. She did much penance in response to the post-Vatican II changes that the Church implemented. At the age of 17 in 1969, Anneliese began suffering from unusual seizures happening during the night, which involved her body suddenly becoming rigid, the sensation of an enormous weight on her chest, paralysis, and inability to speak. She was diagnosed as epileptic at the Psychiatric Clinic in Würzburg, although an autopsy after her death, including microscopic study of the brain, did not show any changes or damage that could be responsible for the alleged epilepsy. She was then sent to a psychiatric hospital in Mittleberg where she remained for about one year, and she suddenly began seeing demonic faces during her daily prayers. Suffering from what seemed to doctors to be major seizures, Anneliese returned to secondary school in the autumn of 1970, and in 1973 attended the University of Würzburg where she studied elementary education. The stay at the psychiatric hospital did not improve Anneliese’s health. Moreover, she began to suffer from depression. Basing her life on deep faith, Anneliese began to attribute her condition to demonic possession. She grew increasingly frustrated with medical intervention as it did not affect what she perceived as her real problems. Long-term medical treatment proved unsuccessful; her condition, including her depression, worsened with time. Continuously haunted by demonic images, and increasingly intolerant of sacred places and objects, she came to feel certain that demons had possessed her.


























Sponsored Links
  #1  
By JemStar on 03-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Ooh, I remember watching this ages ago, I found it was difficult to watch at times. Nice review.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
By Kid Dynamite on 03-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
Ooh, I remember watching this ages ago, I found it was difficult to watch at times. Nice review.
Thank you JemStar. My mother is a big time horror and suspense fan and even she said that she will never watch this movie again.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
By Hakuryuu on 03-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I love horror movies, but this one really disturbed me. When this came out, I was 9 years old and my grandmother asked me to watch it with her one night. Needless to say, this movie has been one I have decided to never watch again after that first initial viewing. It was absolutely terrifying.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
By Kid Dynamite on 03-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
I love horror movies, but this one really disturbed me. When this came out, I was 9 years old and my grandmother asked me to watch it with her one night. Needless to say, this movie has been one I have decided to never watch again after that first initial viewing. It was absolutely terrifying.
I'm not an "Expert" or a "Mr. Know It All". Far from it. But I do pride myself on knowing a thing or two about the Bible, exorcism, and demons in our world. There's good and evil in this world. You can't have one without the other. In my opinion what happened to her was all too real. I just know it. I can feel it like a stomach ache.
Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 03-07-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
By Hakuryuu on 03-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
I'm not an "Expert" or a "Mr. Know It All". Far from it. But I do pride myself on knowing a thing or two about the Bible, exorcism, and demons in our world. There's good and evil in this world. You can't have one without the other. In my opinion what happened to her was all too real. I just know it. I can feel it like a stomach ache.
I completely agree. I find it a bit hard to believe she was just epileptic. Her condition at her home was severely abusive and perhaps the treatment she received from the priests immoral and wrong. However, I do feel that demons are real, whether we make them ourselves or they are physical beings that prey on the weak. The existence of demons in the earthly realm is what keeps me up at night lol. So scary.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
By Kid Dynamite on 03-07-2014, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
I completely agree. I find it a bit hard to believe she was just epileptic. Her condition at her home was severely abusive and perhaps the treatment she received from the priests immoral and wrong. However, I do feel that demons are real, whether we make them ourselves or they are physical beings that prey on the weak. The existence of demons in the earthly realm is what keeps me up at night lol. So scary.
Scary indeed!
Reply With Quote
Comment


Currently Active Users Viewing This Review: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Review Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Anyone happy about about the new DS lite color? (METALLIC ROSE) lilz020 Nintendo DS/DSI/3DS 5 04-14-2009 09:01 PM

NFF Youtube Videos NFF Facebook page

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Review powered by GARS 2.1.9 ©2005-2006
Nintendo Blog

Nintendofanforum.com is a Nintendo fansite and is not associated with or endorsed by Nintendo of America, Inc.
All trademarks and images belong to their respective owners.
Nintendo Wii