Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Health & Fitness

Notices

Health & Fitness Discuss anything health & Fitness related here

Old 03-13-2014, 02:31 AM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 894, Level: 15 Points: 894, Level: 15 Points: 894, Level: 15
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Hot
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Hospitalization/Death For Under $5.00

Hey Everyone.

I was debating with myself all day about posting this but people need to know this. An experience at my local pharmacy just broke my heart. I went to pick up my father's prescription and there was a teen boy ahead of me. He asked to buy 3 packages of Gravol. (Anti-nauseant medication.) When I heard his request I immediately looked up. Shaking my head in pity. I knew from experience what he was doing buying those. The pharmacist told him that he was going through these pills at a tremendous pace. He was in just a few days earlier buying some. She turned him down. In my city, this medication is kept behind the counter, and you must be 19yo to buy it. The reason why is people get stoned off it not even realising or caring about just how brutal these pills really are when abused.

I'm not proud of it, but for several years I abused this medication for a cheap high. I started at around 6 a day and within a month was up to 30 a day. It started causing me to hallucinate, a rapid heartbeat, trouble breathing, muscle pain, trouble urinating and coughing up blood(They're incredibly hard on the stomach when taken in excess. It sounds silly that a med that keeps you from vomiting can also damage your stomach. But it does.) This medication also has an effect on your inner-ear and balance. Enough of it can make you walk like a drunk. To this very day, I cannot even ride a bicycle without losing my balance. Sadly, there's no fix for it. I will be this way the rest of my life. The main reason I'm posting this is because far too many people don't realise just how horrendously damaging it is to your body. It can lead to liver and kidney failure and eventually, death. I was fortunate and stopped taking it before it did massive damage. Quitting this medication is astoundingly difficult.

If you or someone you know is suffering from this addiction, for God's sake do whatever you have to help stop it. This is a very serious medication. Just because it may not be a prescription med does not mean that it can't harm you in a serious, serious way. If anyone here is suffering from this, please contact me and we'll talk. I take private messages seriously. I'm the only user on this computer. I don't discuss them with anyone.

God Bless.
KD

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 03-13-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Dynamite For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,780, Level: 76 Points: 13,780, Level: 76 Points: 13,780, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Good post KD. I'm actually learning about this stuff at the moment in my health class at college, and it's pretty spooky what some things can do to people. Glad that pharmacist actually did something about it.

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
Hakuryuu
memetastic miller
Points: 5,788, Level: 49 Points: 5,788, Level: 49 Points: 5,788, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
I've taken Dramamine for dizziness and to ride amusement park rides but that's about it. People will do anything for a quick or cheap high, like smoking oregano and stuff. It's sad what people resort to doing.

I'm glad the pharmacist recognized the signs and determined not to sell him the medicine. More pharmacists and doctors need to be able to recognize these things.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:37 AM   #4
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 894, Level: 15 Points: 894, Level: 15 Points: 894, Level: 15
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Hot
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
I've taken Dramamine for dizziness and to ride amusement park rides but that's about it. People will do anything for a quick or cheap high, like smoking oregano and stuff. It's sad what people resort to doing.

I'm glad the pharmacist recognized the signs and determined not to sell him the medicine. More pharmacists and doctors need to be able to recognize these things.
Hey Hakuryuu. Well. When you're an addict, life becomes an inconvenience. If I had the power I'd ban it but it wouldn't be fair to people like yourself who use it correctly.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is online now   Reply With Quote