Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Mable
Pines
Points: 3,470, Level: 36 Points: 3,470, Level: 36 Points: 3,470, Level: 36
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Phoenix Wright "should not continue"

Phoenix Wright creator feels the "series should not continue"

Quote:
As part of in-depth interview with him in ONM 106, Phoenix Wright creator Shu Takumi revealed that after the character's third game, he had doubts about whether another should be made at all.

"I felt that Phoenix's story had been told, and that the series should not continue", the writer, whose most recent work is the fantastic Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, explained to us. "Knowing when to end a story is very important and I wanted to avoid dragging it out and having it become a shadow of its former self."

Of course, his next appearance was at the stand rather than his usual bench in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, a move that Takumi was initially against: "Years later, when it was decided within Capcom that Ace Attorney 4 would go ahead, my position was that we should change the main character and tell a new story. I didn't plan to have Phoenix in the game, but my colleagues said they wanted him to appear in some form, which is why he ended up being the accused in the first case in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney."

The creator's previously expressed mixed feelings about Phoenix's return in the latest Ace Attorney (the first of the main series he didn't write), but after writing his new crossover, and committing to a new game in the series, it seems he's warming to the idea.
source
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #2
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,194, Level: 51 Points: 6,194, Level: 51 Points: 6,194, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Capcom pretty much forced him to put Phoenix in Apollo Justice because they were skeptical of how well it would sell if the series' main character wasn't in it. They did a good job with the latest one though, both Apollo and Phoenix had their fair share of character development.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,666, Level: 100 Points: 38,666, Level: 100 Points: 38,666, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Ugh, it's a game. I don't see why he'd say no to more money. Typical Capcom employee, get rid of everything that people actually want. A lawyer IRL doesn't do 20 cases and think, well, that's my life story completed, I'll retire now. I want more PW. Or Apollo, I like him too.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #4
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 14,009, Level: 76 Points: 14,009, Level: 76 Points: 14,009, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
I feel like they could make one more game if were talking about story here. They had PW1-3 for the PW trilogy and they could make one more to finish an AJ tril.

Spoiler
Apollo and Trucy don't know they are siblings anyway, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Ugh, it's a game. I don't see why he'd say no to more money. Typical Capcom employee, get rid of everything that people actually want. A lawyer IRL doesn't do 20 cases and think, well, that's my life story completed, I'll retire now. I want more PW. Or Apollo, I like him too.
I dunno if you were being sarcastic or not cause I'm tired, but it's not always about money to people. He actually cares about the games he works on. Also, you said it's a game yourself, so why compare it to IRL? PW gang has done more cases than the ones in the games anyway

Pokeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,485, Level: 95 Points: 24,485, Level: 95 Points: 24,485, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I can see why he thinks that, Phoenix's story had a good conclusion with Trials and Tribulations, and I remember hearing about how he was pretty much forced into the main story for Apollo Justice, even if they did a great job with it.

I think they should finally end it with the next game and just pass the torch completely to Apollo(and/or Athena, I haven't played the game yet so I don't know) if they want to continue with this franchise
Old 03-14-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 

Yay! AA threads are, like, my bread and butter, y'all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
They did a good job with the latest one though, both Apollo and Phoenix had their fair share of character development.
Apollo seemed vastly underdeveloped in his own game compared to Phoenix. He kinda seemed like a proto-Phoenix until he finally came into his own in Dual Destinies.

Quote:
Having creative freedoms does not mean constantly looking to make money. Having creative freedoms meaning having the ability to walk away from a project if you think you're satisfied with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
I think they should finally end it with the next game and just pass the torch completely to Apollo(and/or Athena, I haven't played the game yet so I don't know) if they want to continue with this franchise
As far as the main bulk, yeah. Or he could be a fully realized mentor character that we kinda got with Mia, and have him playable only in DLC cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman
Spoiler
Apollo and Trucy don't know they are siblings anyway, right?
Spoiler
No, and there was a rumor circulated on /v/ that said that AA6 was gonna give closure to Apollo's character arc, like the truth behind his childhood and all that. Rumor also said Gumshoe and Ema were gonna tag-team on investigations and their character themes would intertwine when talking to them. It's like beautiful ear sex and I want it so badly.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:59 AM   #7
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 14,009, Level: 76 Points: 14,009, Level: 76 Points: 14,009, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Spoiler
No, and there was a rumor circulated on /v/ that said that AA6 was gonna give closure to Apollo's character arc, like the truth behind his childhood and all that. Rumor also said Gumshoe and Ema were gonna tag-team on investigations and their character themes would intertwine when talking to them. It's like beautiful ear sex and I want it so badly.
Yeah that kind of goes with what I was saying how they should finish the Apollo trilogy and then I wouldn't complain one bit with them retiring the series. ..Well I would still obviously want more.. but I would rather have none than a shitty one.

Also to add on with him stopping, that just means he can work on some new games. He did make ghost trick after all, which has the same exact feel as PW and is a GREAT game.
So I'll just be patiently waiting for his next stuff no matter what happens.

Pokeman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pokeman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #8
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,666, Level: 100 Points: 38,666, Level: 100 Points: 38,666, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 

I don't care about if he's satisfied or not, I just want someone somewhere to keep making the games.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #9
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,194, Level: 51 Points: 6,194, Level: 51 Points: 6,194, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Quote:
I don't care about if he's satisfied or not, I just want someone somewhere to keep making the games.
The writer's satisfaction comes a long way in making a quality game. Apollo Justice was subpar because he was forced into doing something he didn't want to do, I don't want to imagine him making an AA game just for the hell of it while he's unhappy with his work. I'd prefer if the series ended on a high note rather than experience its own Other M situation and go downhill from there, so to speak. It's one of the few IPs left that Capcom hasn't ****ed up yet.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #10
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

I really liked AJ, why does everyone think it's subpar? It's certainly better than JFA.

Anyway, if he doesn't want to work on them without being forced then I'd be happy if someone who would like to make one took over.