Comment

Article Tools
10 Best GBA Games
10 Best GBA Games
Published by Mable
03-13-2014
10 Best GBA Games

Top 10 Best Game Boy Advance Games

Now that GBA games are coming to the Wii U, let's take a look at which Game Boy Advance games that ought to be played again on the GamePad.

10. Mario Kart: Super Circuit

While everyone loved Mario Kart 64, some longed for a return to the simplicity of Super Mario Kart. They got it here in the first ever handheld Mario Kart game.

9. Golden Sun: The Lost Age

The random battles went on a bit, but with a gripping story and loveable characters, this was the best serious RPG (not counting Mario & Luigi) on the GBA.

8. WarioWare Inc.

Some 200 mini-games, each lasting about five seconds. Many gamers were confused before realising they only had to press A to win, but everyone bowed to its addictive genius.

7. The Legend Of Zelda: Minish Cap

After the massive Link To The Past, this one seemed a little short, but it's another classic Zelda and the shrink Link gimmick was worth the entry price alone.

6. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Even better than Partners In Time on the DS, this Mario RPG was the first time Nintendo attempted a comedy adventure. Did it work? It was Fawful (which is a good thing)!

5. Pokémon Emerald

Ruby & Sapphire added over 100 new monsters plus some new four-player battles but this director's cut was even better and, like FireRed & LeafGreen, it enabled you to trade and have wireless battles using the wireless adapter.

Honourable mentions: Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon FireRed, Pokémon LeafGreen

4. Metroid Fusion

With no Metroid games on the N64, fans had been waiting eight years for some Samus action. They weren't disappointed. This is classic Metroid, with some tough side-scrolling blasting and platforming.

Honourable mention: Metroid Zero Mission

3. Super Mario Advance 2

All the Super Mario Advance games are excellent but if I had to pick one, it would be this remake of Super Mario World, if only because you could ride Yoshi. With massive levels, this is the perfect Mario platformer.

2. Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Another remake of a classic adventure but unlike Mario Advance, this added an extra multiplayer game in the shape of Four Swords. Brilliant and great value.

1. Advance Wars

Seeing off Mario and Zelda to take the title of Mable's most-loved GBA game, Advance Wars' bite-sized battles were perfect for handheld gaming. Strategy is fun? You'd better believe it.

Did I miss any games out? Let me know!
Published by
Pines
Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Article Tools
Sponsored Links
By Konata on 03-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Advance Wars is a great game. I really need the DS version.
By Megas75 on 03-13-2014, 07:51 PM
I thought the original Golden Sun was better than TLA, and Metroid Zero Mission deserves a mention too
By SuperGamecube64 on 03-13-2014, 11:41 PM
Zero Mission is so much better than Fusion in my personal opinion.
By Brandyn on 03-14-2014, 10:36 AM
This list needs WarioWare: Twisted. That one is still the best in the series.
Comment