Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Chat > WorldWide News, Politics & Religion

Notices

WorldWide News, Politics & Religion Title Says It All

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 625, Level: 12
Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald
 
Kid Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 1,307

My Mood: Fine
Thanks: 54
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 54
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Not Every Muslim Is A Terrorist

Hi All.

Before I begin I just want to make it clear that I am not judging anyone's religion, beliefs or opinion. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm posting this out of a little annoyance after a conversation I had with my grandmother earlier. Kind of a mild rant here.

As a result of terrorists, the World Trade Center went down. Suicide bombers everywhere as well. Because of this my grandmother has a tremendous amount of disdain for Muslims. She's entitled to her opinion like everyone else, but I don't agree. It was terrorists. Namely Osama Bin Laden who were responsible for 9/ll. Not all Muslims. I'm not without much sympathy for those who lost their loved ones. It was a true tragedy, so I apologize to anyone who may have lost their loved ones as a result of that horrendous act. I don't mean to sound insensitive.

Just because many terrorists tend to be Muslims doesn't mean that every Muslim is a terrorist. It's not fair to just assume that all of them are because of terrorists and leaders like Bin Laden. That's like hating all of today's Germans because of Hitler's actions. Some of you might be thinking that: "Just wait KD until some Muslims take down your important buildings and send suicide bombers into your local establishments. Then come tell me how you feel.."

I can tell you how I'd feel right now. I'd hate terrorists. Not Islam. I just don't think it's fair to judge all Muslims or any religious organization like that because of some bad apples. Should we hate all Americans just because they have "Homegrown" terrorists? I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening to me rant. Your thoughts are welcome.


__________________


"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #2
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47
 
JemStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 980

My Mood: Sleepy
Thanks: 44
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 62
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Islam is a very peaceful religion, extremists just sort of ruin the image, but you get that in every religion. Maybe they misinterpret the teachings inside the religion, or maybe they just use that as a mask to do terrible thing, who knows?
I had a friend who was Muslim, everyone just made jokes about him being a terrorist because he'd just laugh and joke about it with everyone else. I doubt anyone would have joked around like that if it had offended him. I only ever saw him angry about it once, and I think that was because the guy making the jokes was an asshole who always went too far with those sort of things.
There are quite a few conspiracy theories about how the US government was involved in 9/11, personally I don't know enough about it in that light to draw a conclusion though.

"Just because many terrorists tend to be Muslims" I wonder if many of them are actually Muslims, or if those terrorists are the ones that get the media's attention the most?
__________________



"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 625, Level: 12
Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald
 
Kid Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 1,307

My Mood: Fine
Thanks: 54
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 54
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
Islam is a very peaceful religion, extremists just sort of ruin the image, but you get that in every religion. Maybe they misinterpret the teachings inside the religion, or maybe they just use that as a mask to do terrible thing, who knows?
I had a friend who was Muslim, everyone just made jokes about him being a terrorist because he'd just laugh and joke about it with everyone else. I doubt anyone would have joked around like that if it had offended him. I only ever saw him angry about it once, and I think that was because the guy making the jokes was an asshole who always went too far with those sort of things.
There are quite a few conspiracy theories about how the US government was involved in 9/11, personally I don't know enough about it in that light to draw a conclusion though.

"Just because many terrorists tend to be Muslims" I wonder if many of them are actually Muslims, or if those terrorists are the ones that get the media's attention the most?
Hi JemStar.
Good point you have there. Never thought of it that way.
__________________


"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto
 
Konata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 7,709

My Mood: Inspired
Thanks: 53
Thanked 96 Times in 67 Posts
Rep Power: 232
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Not every American is a terrorist.
__________________

My little sister can't be this non-existent


Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 625, Level: 12
Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald
 
Kid Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 1,307

My Mood: Fine
Thanks: 54
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 54
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of


Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata View Post
Not every American is a terrorist.
That's what I mean. Same as not every Muslim is a terrorist.
__________________


"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
ゼルダ姫
aka - Shiiku
Points: 1,928, Level: 26
Points: 1,928, Level: 26 Points: 1,928, Level: 26 Points: 1,928, Level: 26
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Nunchuck User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic
 
ゼルダ姫's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 365

My Mood: Lonely
Thanks: 3
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 40
ゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the roughゼルダ姫 is a jewel in the rough

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award NFF Old Man Award Princess Award 
Total Awards: 3

Send a message via Skype™ to ゼルダ姫 PSN ID: SmashBrosSheik WiiU ID: Shiiku
I hate stereotyping of any kind. Whether that be in nationality, color, age, personalities, etc. It's sad to see anyone resort to hating all Muslims just because of one, or even a hundred Muslims that chose to be selfish and think their ways were/are the best. No one should have that mentality, because when you do you end up like the Muslims that became terrorists. You divide yourself from others and thus make everyone, or specific people your enemy, and then hurt many. Truly sad choices they make, but many people who live there are just as scared, hurt, and angry just as much as we are. Are looking for help to live the comfortable lives we have. Are looking to be accepted just like we and everyone human being wants to be. So yeah, instead of hating them all, we should realize that not everyone believes in the same crimes. And that should go for every person, and situation.


I also believe that hating the terrorists, as horrible a crime that they did and do, should not be hated in return. Hate does nothing but bring damage, as we see constantly by the acts certain people do.

Hate the act, love the person.
ゼルダ姫 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
Alice
----
Points: 32,751, Level: 100
Points: 32,751, Level: 100 Points: 32,751, Level: 100 Points: 32,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller
 
Alice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,197

My Mood: Artistic
Thanks: 14
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 127
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
It sucks that muslims are so associated with terrorism. Islam is tranquil and peaceful, but extremists, like Jem said, ruin the image. It really sucks that it's the case, but shit happens I guess... Sadly.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:13 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 59,285, Level: 100
Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100 Points: 59,285, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element
 
Brandyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,473

My Mood: Lonely
Thanks: 50
Thanked 49 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 219
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute


Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
I think it's sad this is something that needs to be explained.
I guess it's logical given how they are all painted as bogey men by the media but you would hope people would learn to think for themselves.
__________________
Happy Halloween!

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,287, Level: 100
Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100 Points: 38,287, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto
 
Konata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 7,709

My Mood: Inspired
Thanks: 53
Thanked 96 Times in 67 Posts
Rep Power: 232
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
That's what I mean. Same as not every Muslim is a terrorist.
My point wasn't the same as yours, KD. Like Brandyn said, your point shouldn't need to be explained.

But which country has killed then most innocents? That's why I made my point.
__________________

My little sister can't be this non-existent


Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #10
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76
 
Pokeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 2,734

My Mood: Woot
Thanks: 46
Thanked 51 Times in 37 Posts
Rep Power: 77
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold


Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
The only group of people that are all terrorists, are terrorists.
__________________

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bush involved with Terrorist Attacks in 911 Whiskermush WorldWide News, Politics & Religion 18 04-15-2009 09:59 PM
Muslim teacher refused position Xenon WorldWide News, Politics & Religion 18 03-27-2009 08:12 PM

NFF Youtube Videos NFF Facebook page

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Nintendo Blog

Nintendofanforum.com is a Nintendo fansite and is not associated with or endorsed by Nintendo of America, Inc.
All trademarks and images belong to their respective owners.
Nintendo Wii