Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment > Movie Reviews

Notices

Movie Reviews Post your movie reviews here.

Comment

Review Tools
KIDS
KIDS
Published by Kid Dynamite
03-22-2014
Author review
Movie Rating
30%30%30%
Average 30%
KIDS

Very few movies I've seen are as offensive to women as this one. I'm a guy and even I'm appalled at this movie! The plot is basically a day in the life of a group of teens going around up to no good. This film really stuck in my craw. In all fairness the acting is alright, it's just the gaps in the storyline and foreshadowing that is painfully obvious. That, and it's gross. I wasn't going to post this because the ladies in the forum might kick my ass for describing some of the gross elements of the film. I apologize in advance to the ladies of the forum. No disrespect intended.

The movie begins with a character named Telly. He spends about 15 min. trying to talk a young virgin into sex. After being successful, he leaves and brags to his friend about the whole thing in graphic detail. Telly makes me want to ring his neck. Thinking like he's God's gift to women. He and his friend "Casper" head to their home were Casper proceeds to dip a tampon in Kool-Aid and suck it dry. After stealing money out of his mother's purse to buy drugs, they head to the local park where Casper gets into an altercation with someone. Casper's friends on the bench watching rise out of their seats, beat the guy down, then hock a loogie all over the dude. So much saliva you won't believe it. There's really not much more to say. This is the kind of film that shows, not tells. This film is not easy to digest. Don't watch this if you are easily offended.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113540/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Sponsored Links
By Nintenduendo on 03-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Judging from the plot synopsis I read, I think movies like this serve as a sort-of wake-up call to how teenaged life perceived to a teenager, and that there is a serious consequence to every action a young person takes, so much so that it could scar them for life. As bad as the film may seem, it's, to me, a necessary evil.
By Lukario on 03-23-2014, 12:34 AM
I saw this movie after someone recommended it to me a while ago. I had no idea what it was about, but after watching it, I didn't really know what to do. I think the worst part of this movie is that Telly never really faces any consequences in the movie. It's like, everything he wants, he gets. Sure, you find out that he has an STD, but he doesn't know and I'm sure he wouldn't care even if he did. It does a wonderful job at developing a main character that's utterly despicable. On a side note, this movie is so 90s that it hurts. In fifty years, if people want to know what people looked like in the 90s, this movie would be the perfect one to watch.
By Mario on 03-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the review, I will for sure not waste my time watching it.
By Kid Dynamite on 03-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Thanks for the review, I will for sure not waste my time watching it.
You aren't missing anything. Trust me.
Comment