Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > General Gaming

Notices

General Gaming Talk about any game from any console here.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
Points: 760, Level: 14 Points: 760, Level: 14 Points: 760, Level: 14
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Who Do You Think Is The Ultimate Street Fighter Character?

This series paved the road for a countless number of fighting titles. There have been tons of Street Fighter hits and many different characters. My question is this: Take into consideration every Street Fighter title you can think of and pick one character who you think is the best overall character in Street Fighter history. While thinking, keep these factors in mind: How long has the character been part of the game? Their speed, power, and their combinations of attacks. Are their special attacks too tricky to pull off leaving you button mashing like a psycho trying to pull off a combo? Maybe you identify with some of the characters traits and personalities.Things like that. I'll start.

SAGAT

Sagat has been around from the get go. He is the last fighter Ryu or Ken take on in this arcade smash hit. Looking back, I remember standing in the arcade watching my friends play this game. Moving the joystick all over the place and hitting the buttons in an effort to pull off a fireball which is a joke to do with today's gamers. I can't tell you how many quarters I blew trying to beat Sagat. It was almost like he knew what was coming every time and responded with nasty attacks. The eye patch is awesome, and the scars are just sick. Moves are easy to pull off and still have a decent amount of impact on your opponent's health. I also like it when he shouts: "Tiger Uppercut!!"

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."

Last edited by Kid Dynamite; 03-27-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 07:39 AM   #2
正道我道
Banned
Points: 170, Level: 3 Points: 170, Level: 3 Points: 170, Level: 3

正道我道 is on a distinguished road

Nice choice Kid Dynamite! Sagat is pretty awesome!

Personally i love Guile. If you can keep a cool head and stay focused he has a counter for everything. His theme goes with everything, got to love the hair and his wife is pretty hot.
正道我道 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
Tanis
Zvarri
Points: 6,194, Level: 51 Points: 6,194, Level: 51 Points: 6,194, Level: 51
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Princess Ruto User owns 1x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Bomb User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Nintendo Game Boy Advance
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Tired
Tanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond reputeTanis has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award Signature of the Month Royalty Welcome Wagon Poster Review of the Month 

3DS Friend Code: 034493603259 PSN ID: Tanis-sama WiiU ID: Peridot-sama
Oro is one of my favorites, he may not be the best character execution wise, but in terms of canon he is one of, if not the strongest, characters period.

Also I like Ibuki and Vega, because ninjas.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #4
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,055, Level: 100 Points: 60,055, Level: 100 Points: 60,055, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
I believe that canonically Oro is the strongest.
But gameplay wise it's probably Sagat. Long arms and legs, 2 anti airs, a multi hitting uppercut, a high and low projectile, high damage, high stamina.

But story wise my favorite is Gen because he is an elderly badass. He is SF's original wise old master character having been in the games since the first one. Even Akuma calls him "Master" Gen.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
正道我道
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post

But gameplay wise it's probably Sagat. Long arms and legs, 2 anti airs, a multi hitting uppercut, a high and low projectile, high damage, high stamina.

He has got a long recovery and a lot of his moves whiff.

That and he is pretty low on the tier list. Only viable in Vanilla.

Cammy White is number one on every tier list currently.

Last edited by 正道我道; 03-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #6
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 60,055, Level: 100 Points: 60,055, Level: 100 Points: 60,055, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Lonely
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 16

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 0147-1346-8804 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: brandyn1994
Not just in IV, I meant the franchise in general.
And that explains the surge in Cammys.

Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 正道我道 View Post
Nice choice Kid Dynamite! Sagat is pretty awesome!

Personally i love Guile. If you can keep a cool head and stay focused he has a counter for everything. His theme goes with everything, got to love the hair and his wife is pretty hot.
Hi 正道我道.

Guile is definitely a tricky guy to fight. He has really good D. His hair is just awesome to boot! I just try to get as big a gap as possible between us. and try to counter after he throws a Sonic Boom or two. Going toe to toe with him is too risky.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Old 03-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
正道我道
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
Hi 正道我道.

Guile is definitely a tricky guy to fight. He has really good D. His hair is just awesome to boot! I just try to get as big a gap as possible between us. and try to counter after he throws a Sonic Boom or two. Going toe to toe with him is too risky.

Assuming you play Sagat, match up against guile should be a fairly easy one.

You have two choices, out-zone him or go in.

Guile is a Turtle/Keep-Away character. His game is staying away and pressuring you with Sonic Booms to jump in.

Sagat has the fastest projectiles in the game, so option 1) You keep throwing tiger shot's and eventually guile will have to come to you. Just wait for him to jump over a tiger shot and either use Tiger Uppercut or Crouching Heavy for anti air. Repeat untill won.

Option 2, jump over his booms and keep up the pressure. Try not to jump in too close to avoid Flash kicks.

Guile's biggest weakness is his wake up game, he can't counter cross ups or overheads.

This goes for anybody who has trouble against Guile. Once you knock him down, jump over him. He has nothing.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #9
Kid Dynamite
Über Zealot

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 正道我道 View Post
Assuming you play Sagat, match up against guile should be a fairly easy one.

You have two choices, out-zone him or go in.

Guile is a Turtle/Keep-Away character. His game is staying away and pressuring you with Sonic Booms to jump in.

Sagat has the fastest projectiles in the game, so option 1) You keep throwing tiger shot's and eventually guile will have to come to you. Just wait for him to jump over a tiger shot and either use Tiger Uppercut or Crouching Heavy for anti air. Repeat untill won.

Option 2, jump over his booms and keep up the pressure. Try not to jump in too close to avoid Flash kicks.

Guile's biggest weakness is his wake up game, he can't counter cross ups or overheads.

This goes for anybody who has trouble against Guile. Once you knock him down, jump over him. He has nothing.
I'm gonna kick his ass!

Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #10
Megas75
A Festive Philistine
Points: 24,430, Level: 95 Points: 24,430, Level: 95 Points: 24,430, Level: 95
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
Ken, but only because he's my main