Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Daily Life Forum > Health & Fitness

Notices

Health & Fitness Discuss anything health & Fitness related here

Old 04-08-2014, 05:09 AM   #1
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

How Does Your Community Handle Rape?

Hai.

I've been lurking on here. Who knew majoring and double minoring at a university would be so hard?

Anyways, I'd like to ask around on here if you guys know how rape is handled in some of your guys' communities. Are you in a small town? Urban area? A college campus like moi?

A little personal story.
I unfortunately fell victim to this a while back. While it did not happen on campus, after going to counselors and clinics, I was cleaned up, shared some info, and the guy was actually caught. Due to discretion, I can't say what happened afterwards but all is well. I speak at schools around the area and have made a bunch of connections. This got me thinking though, my university is rather small. The resources were amazing nonetheless. A friend of mine said that at her school, they would have not even believed the case without proof. And that even then, come programs would have to read a case and approve the action of helping out the victim. I brought this up in my health science class and it was a resource most students didn't even know about. So I ask you now, not for any stories or if you know anyone close that was raped or abused, but how do resources around your community compare to mine? Does a group advocate awareness? Lemme know!

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #2
Kid Dynamite
‹ber Zealot
Points: 493, Level: 9 Points: 493, Level: 9 Points: 493, Level: 9
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

This fu**king world. I'm telling ya. *Shakes head in disgust*. You have my deepest sympathies for suffering through something like that. To share something so personal with the entire world is not only courageous, it is essential. Being a male I can't relate to the nature of your pain. I can only pray it never happens to you again.

The city I live in isn't a huge one like New York or Boston. It's in Saint John, N.B. Canada. When a crime of the magnitude of rape occurs, we hear about it in the paper and on the local evening news pretty damn fast. This nature of crime gets around town fast because of our size and fairly low crime rate. Rape is a much bigger deal here than it would be in one of the above mentioned cities due to their population towering over ours.

The police now have this person's appearance and his offense burned into their brains. Some will say that they are police and their integrity keeps them from hassling this guy for no good reason even after he serves his time. Don't kid yourself. I'm not saying that all police are like that. Some however, do decide to drag this person into an alley, beat the snot out of him and then plant drugs on him. They then proceed to arrest him for possession as a form of justice in their minds. Especially if they have girls for children and think about how they would feel if their child was raped. Their anger and lust for some "Payback" overwhelms their integrity. Rape is a very serious crime and we take it seriously. My city has a limited but effective system for dealing with rapists and rape victims. If the prick who raped you is in jail, I'm certain the fellas are treating him like a lady and giving him the proper respect it deserves. Cops stick together like glue. Very loyal to each other. Very loyal. I can promise you that the police's integrity was trumped by their vengeance on this one. The video below is a stark example of what I mean. DO NOT watch this video if you are easily disturbed.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

I've witnessed cops hit kids younger than me like 12, 13 for no good reason but them talking back to the officers.

Anyways on topic Rape is a very very serious problem in most cities and especially in mine of Tampa Fl. While I don't know the exact ways it is handled I know that they take it very seriously and act very quickly when they hear of a report.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Cam3ron36@NFF
NHL Fanatic
Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100 Points: 31,751, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 3x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Bullet Bill User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Fighter

My Mood: Gaming
Cam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud ofCam3ron36@NFF has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award Royalty Monster Poster Review of the Month Review of the Month Poster Game Reviewer 
Total Awards: 8

Send a message via Skype™ to Cam3ron36@NFF Xbox Live Gamertag: cam3ron36
Jeez, I'm so sorry to hear that...

Don't think there's many places in North America that tolerate this. Anywhere I've been, not even other prisoners tolerate it. Do something like this, and get caught for it, welp, other prisoners won't respect it, and they'll beat or sometimes kill whoever did. Know this from someone I knew that had been in jail witnessing (and hearing stories of) this happening to these people. As for how the outside of jail community handles it. Similar to life sentences I believe.

Would be nice if it just didn't happen at all, but some people just... ugh
Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,113, Level: 100 Points: 38,113, Level: 100 Points: 38,113, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Castration should be the punishment for rape, no question about it.

I'd also like to point out that (in the UK at least) women can't be charged with rape.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Konata For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

its not very common around here. I live in a college campus, but its inside the city. I havemt heard of anything but i am sure it happens.There is nothing..to like..prevent it...just common awareness

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Mikematute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #7
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,335, Level: 100 Points: 52,335, Level: 100 Points: 52,335, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Castration is what is deserving of individuals that commit rape. Now for that video, well, he shot a cop in the face, he is lucky they didn't kill him.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #8
Kid Dynamite
‹ber Zealot
Points: 493, Level: 9 Points: 493, Level: 9 Points: 493, Level: 9
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Fine
Kid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud ofKid Dynamite has much to be proud of

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Super Member Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards Member of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Castration is what is deserving of individuals that commit rape. Now for that video, well, he shot a cop in the face, he is lucky they didn't kill him.
Maybe they felt that killing him was the easy way out. They no doubt inflicted much pain on him. To them, making him suffer was more gratifying I guess. With him alive, they can at a later date, work him over again. I know that sounds harsh. It's not my nature. But then again, I'm not a cop nor do I know the poor officer as a friend and co-worker like them.

"When You Hate Someone You Are Really Hating Yourself, Because Half Don't Know And The Other Half Don't Care."
Kid Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #9
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Quite badly. Only men are seen as "rapists", like Konata said, women can't be charged with it which imo just makes it even harder for men/boys who have been raped by women to come forward about it.
Rape isn't taken seriously enough here in any case. Many rapists get away with it even when people press charges against them.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,936, Level: 49 Points: 5,936, Level: 49 Points: 5,936, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
My city isn't enormous or anything and I honestly don't know the statistics for rape here. Joggers are extremely susceptible in the downtown area here. There are also a few serial rapists that still haven't been caught.

With children and minors, it's handled seriously IF there's enough proof. As someone who has experienced sex abuse by someone older than me in school, the system does fail at times. It failed me. People here generally have the consensus that rape is a disgusting and horribly violent act. Those convicted of rape and charged are normally estranged from society here lol. However, the police require A LOT of proof if the allegation is made and not all cops believe you at once.

My city is relatively safe save from the downtown area at night.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advocacy, health, sexual violence