Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Wii U > Smash Brothers

Notices

Smash Brothers Post anything Super Smash Bros 4 for Wiiu/3DS only.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
Mable
Pines
Points: 3,027, Level: 33 Points: 3,027, Level: 33 Points: 3,027, Level: 33
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 5

Sm Mario Smash Direct Recap

A new Nintendo Direct video revealed numerous details about the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS systems. At the start of the video, series creator Masahiro Sakurai announced that the Nintendo 3DS version of the game is planned for this summer, with the Wii U version targeting winter 2014. Both games will be available in stores and on Nintendo eShop for their respective platform. Sakurai also detailed many of the stages and items in both versions, described the games’ online functionality, revealed a new mode exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version and announced fan-favourite Greninja, a Pokémon from the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y games, as a new playable character.

Today’s announcements included:

Launch windows: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is planned for this summer. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is targeting winter 2014.

Silky smooth 3D: Most gameplay elements of the Nintendo 3DS version of the game will run at 60 frames per second, all in stereoscopic 3D.

“Smash Run”: Exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version of the game is a new mode called “Smash Run.” In this mode, four players have five minutes to enter a dungeon and explore the surroundings, fight enemies and obtain power-ups to enhance their fighters. Once the five minutes are up, all four fighters enter a battle arena using their newly equipped items and power-ups. Enemies encountered in the Smash Run mode are from a wide range of game series. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems and games are required for multiplayer modes.

New challenger!: Greninja, the awesome final evolution of Froakie from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, joins the roster as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Oldies But Goodies: Many of the classic characters from past Super Smash Bros. games that are returning in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS have new powers and abilities. Four characters that have appeared in previous games, but had yet to be announced before this Nintendo Direct, include:

Zero Suit Samus: That’s right, Zero Suit Samus is back, but this time she is her own fully playable character, separate from suited Samus. In the new game, she is given jet boots to make her even more powerful.

Sheik: As with Zero Suit Samus, Sheik is another character that appeared in previous Super Smash Bros. games, but will be a unique playable character for the first time in the new Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games. Sheik has new moves like Burst Grenade and Bouncing Fish.

Yoshi: In previous games, Yoshi stood on two legs and hunched over, as if Mario was going to jump on top of him at any moment. This new version of Yoshi stands completely upright, making him an even stronger fighter.

Charizard: After appearing from a Poké Ball in Super Smash Bros. Melee and becoming playable by using Pokémon Trainer in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, this fire-breathing Pokémon is now a selectable character.

In addition, Wii Fit Trainer can be either a male or a female, with identical stats (equality woo!).

Online play: Both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Super Smash Bros. will offer online multiplayer gameplay with other players on the same platform. Players with broadband Internet access can battle it out with anyone else who is online and also has the game.

When playing with random players online, two modes are available: “For Fun” and “For Glory.” In “For Glory,” only Final Destination stage variations are available. There are no platforms, elevated areas or items in this mode. It is a nice, clean battle between characters. In “For Fun,” all stages are picked randomly and all items and power-ups are available.

When playing with friends, full customisation is available – players can set the rules, stages and items however they want.

Variety of stages: While the cast of playable characters is the same in both versions of the new games, the stages where the battles take place are vastly different, depending on which system a player chooses. The Wii U stages are primarily based on past home console games, while the Nintendo 3DS stages draw from handheld games for inspiration.
Boss characters, such as the Yellow Devil in Wily Castle will make appearances in some stages. When bosses appear, fighters will have to battle the boss, as well as one another. The boss can even be used in strategic ways to damage other fighters.

Almost all the stages in both versions of the game will have a “Final Destination form,” an alternate form of each stage that is inspired by the relatively simple layout of the much-loved Final Destination stage.

Items, Trophies and Pokémon: Items, Assist Trophies and Poké Balls all return in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. New to the games are Master Balls, special Poké Balls that contain Legendary Pokémon like Arceus and Xerneas.

Get connected: There will be elements in Super Smash Bros. that link both versions of the games. More details about this will be revealed at a later date.

Custom moves: In a series first, players can now customise move sets when playing locally or online with friends. More information about this feature will be announced in the future.

If I missed anything, let me know!

Last edited by Mable; 04-08-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mable For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
Rai17
Actor
Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78 Points: 14,621, Level: 78
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Classic User owns 1x Snake rope User owns 1x Yo-Yo User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 2x Super Mushroom User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 1x Invincibility Star
User owns 2x Rod Of Seasons User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 2x Daisy Flower User owns 1x Harp of Ages User owns 2x Princess Peach Crown User owns 1x Water Element

My Mood: Brooding
Rai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond reputeRai17 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster Yoshi NFF Old Man Award Celebrity Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Inventor Award NFF Promoter 
Total Awards: 9

Wow yours is way more thought out though. Mine was a rush write. If anything Brandyn will merge them. I'm so excited! And with both consoles all I need is patience. Who knows when this game'll be released.

Edit: Since yours was more thought out, you deserve these Pokemon .gifs :3

~ Leftovers of a Genius

-My Twitter
--My YouTube
---My Instagram
----The NFF Facebook Page

Last edited by Rai17; 04-08-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Rai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
Mable
Pines
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 

I paused periodically and wrote as it was being revealed so that I didn't forget anything. Hope you guys like it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mable For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,681, Level: 94 Points: 23,681, Level: 94 Points: 23,681, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Obviously he's waiting to unveil Captain Falcon when Nintendo announces the new F-Zero ...obviously.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
Mable
Pines
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Awards Showcase

I find it really strange that they would release them at different times, let alone the fact that they're releasing the 3DS version first, when the Wii U is selling so poorly. What's their strategy here?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,113, Level: 100 Points: 38,113, Level: 100 Points: 38,113, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mable View Post
I find it really strange that they would release them at different times, let alone the fact that they're releasing the 3DS version first, when the Wii U is selling so poorly. What's their strategy here?
I figure the 3DS version will be finished first, so why not release it ASAP.

Nice recap too.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium View Post
With it coming out for the 3ds 1st less people will be compelled to buy awii u for this game as the 3s is way cheaper
yeah that and the 3ds exclusive mode is kinda lame :/

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #8
Mable
Pines
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Awards Showcase

I just realized that Wii U gets MK8 at the end of May, which will hold you off until then, plus the Wii U version of Smash Bros. needs to be polished and nothing short of perfect. Plus, people are likely to be buying a Wii U with Smash Bros, since basically nobody has a Wii U, which is a big purchase; a purchase which would be appropriate for Christmas.
After this realization. I have calmed down and told myself that Wii U Smash Bros. will be worth the wait.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #9
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,576, Level: 94 Points: 23,576, Level: 94 Points: 23,576, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
- Seeing how I've been wanting Ridley for so long, seeing him show up as a boss yet again is really disappointing, especially since the Metroid series is long overdue for a playable character
- I already love Smash Run, it looks like what SSE should've been on a smaller scale. Hoe the Wii U version gets some exclusive features too
- I guess Charizard's popular enough to warrant his own spot. Makes me wonder about the rest of the Pokemon Trainer team(Red, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
- Am I the only one questioning Greninja, he just seems like a bit of a random choice to me. Then again, I was never big on pokemon.
- Lost it at Megaman's FS though.

**** yeah

Last edited by Megas75; 04-08-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Megas75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megas75 View Post
- I guess Charizard's popular enough to warrant his own spot. Makes me wonder about the rest of the Pokemon Trainer team(Red, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
they said that there is no transforming into another character for smash 4, so they would all be split up any way if they kept squirtle/ivy

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote