Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 6,496, Level: 52 Points: 6,496, Level: 52 Points: 6,496, Level: 52

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

7 million PS4s sold... but who is winning the console war?

http://www.techdigest.tv/2014/04/7_million_ps4s.html

By James O'Malley on April 17, 2014

Sony have announced the sale of the 7 millionth Playstation 4. Impressive stuff - but how does that stack up against the Xbox One? Read on to find out.

Unfortunately for worldwide sales of games consoles, there's no independent arbiter who can release figures - so the best we can do is piece together the evidence from whatever Sony or Microsoft have deigned to tell us. So what do we know about how the Xbox One is doing?

According to Product Reviews, the last official figures we have are from the end of January - when they announced 3.9 million Xbox One consoles had been sold. That's quite a long time ago now. So could the Xbox One catch up?

According to TechRadar, in February in the United States only they sold 287,000 PS4s and 258,000 Xbox Ones - so slightly less (but interestingly, they say that Microsoft still ended up with more cash because of the higher price of their console).

Meanwhile in PS4 land, it was only in early March when Sony hit the six million mark worldwide too. So they've sold a million consoles in about a month.

But this doesn't account for what is potentially the biggest game-changer since then: Titanfall.

So what is the Titanfall effect? According to The Graun, in the UK the release of the game led to an increase in Xbox One sales by a huge 96%. But this is for the UK.

So can we learn anything from this? Umm... not really. Both companies have only been releasing favourable numbers, so it is hard to read into the situation without having any directly comparable numbers.

Essentially, the answer to how well the Xbox One is doing in comparison is a disappointing "nobody really knows".

Personally, I'd wager that the PS4 is still slightly head, but the Xbox One has narrowed the gap - but this is just baseless and irresponsible speculation.
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
console wars are so 1995

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Zero
8-bit Roots
Points: 4,056, Level: 40 Points: 4,056, Level: 40 Points: 4,056, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 
Total Awards: 4

7 million PS4s sold... but who is winning the console war? Nobody really knows.

Most informative thread of the year right here, people. *adds techdigest.tv to sites-to-never-again-visit list*

Whoever has the biggest install base is who's winning the console war. Plain and simple.

-Zero, Proud owner of The Nintendo Cereal System
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

Who's winning the console war? Why, AMD, for providing the tech for the consoles.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nintenduendo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
Zero
8-bit Roots
Points: 4,056, Level: 40 Points: 4,056, Level: 40 Points: 4,056, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 

I say who cares who's winning the console war. Play the games that interest you and enjoy them.

-Zero, Proud owner of The Nintendo Cereal System
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zero For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

My Mood: Gaming
Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I say who cares who's winning the console war. Play the games that interest you and enjoy them.
I was about to say this.
And why does it matter? You like the console? good, buy it and play it.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Mikematute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #7
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,268, Level: 100 Points: 38,268, Level: 100 Points: 38,268, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

I try to buy them all anyway. :l

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #8
Mario
Just Chillaxin
Points: 52,407, Level: 100 Points: 52,407, Level: 100 Points: 52,407, Level: 100
User owns 1x Blue Shell User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Nintendo Wii User owns 1x Links Shield User owns 1x Gold Coin
User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Red Pikmin

Mario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond reputeMario has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF's 4th Annual Award Monster Poster NFF Old Man Award NFF 3rd Annual Award Royalty Level 100 Award Mufasa NFF 1st Annual Award 
Total Awards: 9

3DS Friend Code: 4450-2343-3333 WiiU ID: test123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenduendo View Post
Who's winning the console war? Why, AMD, for providing the tech for the consoles.
Yet Wall Street bashes AMD stock and hails it's hero Intel. Goes to show the Stock Market is rigged.

Started from the bottom, now we're here.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:21 AM   #9
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,828, Level: 94 Points: 23,828, Level: 94 Points: 23,828, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 38

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
Who even cares any more? I feel like gamers as a collective have grown out of that "Playstation rules and Xbox sucks" mentality, and have accepted that people are allowed to buy whatever they Hell they want to buy and play whatever games that interest them. The differences between consoles has become so pathetic and minute that it's legitimately not worth the argument any more.

But then you get all that "PC master race" stuff, so maybe we haven't matured that much.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #10
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
Who even cares any more? I feel like gamers as a collective have grown out of that "Playstation rules and Xbox sucks" mentality, and have accepted that people are allowed to buy whatever they Hell they want to buy and play whatever games that interest them. The differences between consoles has become so pathetic and minute that it's legitimately not worth the argument any more.

But then you get all that "PC master race" stuff, so maybe we haven't matured that much.
I wish this would be true. There is a F*** ton of people who still think that way AotA...unfortunatly for us.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Mikematute is offline   Reply With Quote