Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Media Entertainment

Notices

Media Entertainment Discuss Movies, Music, TV, Books, Comics and anything related to Media Entertainment.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #1
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword
User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Fire Element

My Mood: Gaming
Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 15

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Heaven Is For Real

Saw this earlier with the fam. I actually liked it. Who else has seen or plans on seeing it?

And what do you make of the concept of Heaven or an afterlife? Do you believe it?

Ultra Street Fighter IV mains: Gen, Dudley, Ryu
Tekken Revolution mains: Steve Fox, Kazuya
Tekken 6 mains: Steve Fox, Jin, Hwoarang
King of Fighters XIII team: Ryo/Kim Kaphwan/Joe
Brandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
Mikematute
Zombie Prosecutor
Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73 Points: 12,827, Level: 73
User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote User owns 1x Triforce

Mikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of lightMikematute is a glorious beacon of light

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Royalty Review of the Month Poster 
Total Awards: 4

A little bit of context here? what do you mean by seeing it?
I belive in the after life. You behaved good, you enjoy eternal life and hapiness with god. If you were good but need a little purifying, there is the purgatory. If you never accepted god or where of any good at all, were never productive, you would get eternal suferment.

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK I AM
Mikematute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,994, Level: 100 Points: 37,994, Level: 100 Points: 37,994, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

^He saw the film.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Killua
Property Of Nicci
Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18 Points: 1,162, Level: 18
User owns 1x Four Sword User owns 1x 1-UP Mushroom User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Frog Suit User owns 1x Ruby User owns 1x Master Ball
User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Shuriken User owns 1x Mega Man

My Mood: Spaced
Killua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant futureKillua has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster 
Total Awards: 3

It's hard to stay faithful with nothing to go off but stories man made from years ago. I guess that's the key word right? Faith.

I used to have it but I must say the more and more I go through life the more and more I question the existence of a "god".

Oh and I've never even heard of that film. Sounds like some sort of brainwashing tool.
It must be the drugs that got us doing this crazy shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Fuentes View Post
Iíve been having this dream that we can fly, so maybe if we never wake up we can see the sky.
Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #5
Brandyn
The Gentleman
Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100 Points: 58,320, Level: 100
User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 2x SNES Controller User owns 1x Invincibility Star User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Four Sword

Brandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond reputeBrandyn has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards Brawl AM First Time Award Mufasa Yoshi NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award Review of the Month Level 100 Award 

Send a message via AIM to Brandyn Send a message via Yahoo to Brandyn Send a message via Skype™ to Brandyn 3DS Friend Code: 3282-3036-3021 PSN ID: Brandyn_Johnson WiiU ID: Brandyn_Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua View Post
It's hard to stay faithful with nothing to go off but stories man made from years ago. I guess that's the key word right? Faith.

I used to have it but I must say the more and more I go through life the more and more I question the existence of a "god".

Oh and I've never even heard of that film. Sounds like some sort of brainwashing tool.
It was a nice little April feel good film.
I am not a particularly religious or spiritual man myself, but I like to watch documentaries on this sort of thing. According to people who have had near death experiences were they were temporarily brain dead, therefore their brain could not have conjured up the Hallucination, it apparently was very real. Albeit different for each person.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #6
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,475, Level: 36 Points: 3,475, Level: 36 Points: 3,475, Level: 36
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Woot
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 7

I know someone who saw it and she said it was really good and made her cry. I don't have any plans to see it though.

As for my beliefs, I am Christian, so yes, I believe in it.
SanePsychoSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:54 AM   #7
Hakuryuu
Chico be quiet
Points: 5,904, Level: 49 Points: 5,904, Level: 49 Points: 5,904, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
It based off a true story in which a 4 year old essentially dies, briefly goes to heaven, and returns back once being revived and shares the details with his father. He apparently met his sister whom died in a miscarriage, his great grandfather, and shared many details about them and even heaven that were impossible for him to know.

Is his real?

I don't know, but I'd like to see it. I've heard some really scary stories about people who have died and went to hell and felt their soul being ripped apart endlessly. I was raised in a religious environment but I changed denominations because I really disliked the church I went to as a whole. The members sorta dislike my family because we're a lot less...conservative (I supposed?) about Christianity.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
Brandyn
The Gentleman

Awards Showcase

Well, the only sketchy part is that he was never temporarily dead. His heart never flatlined and his brain never stopped, which does beg the question how this could have happened.

It's also based on a book that came out four years ago written by the father.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #9
Hakuryuu
Chico be quiet
Points: 5,904, Level: 49 Points: 5,904, Level: 49 Points: 5,904, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandyn View Post
Well, the only sketchy part is that he was never temporarily dead. His heart never flatlined and his brain never stopped, which does beg the question how this could have happened.

It's also based on a book that came out four years ago written by the father.
The thing is though, the information he gave about his great grandfather and miscarried sister is spot on. Like...there is no possible way he could've known about any of them, especially a miscarried sister. The great grandfather is plausible but since the man died 20 years prior to his birth. Well.

Could this be a propaganda film but the Christian masses? A get rich quick scheme by a Nebraska pastor? I guess. I honestly don't know what to think of the film, other than you'll probably feel all mushy inside once you view it.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #10
Nintenduendo
Estupidez
Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82 Points: 16,499, Level: 82
User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Super Mushroom

My Mood: Cold
Nintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond reputeNintenduendo has a reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
Monster Poster NFF Annual Awards Profile of the Month Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Poster NFF Debater 
Total Awards: 6

I'm gonna ask, what's with all these faith-reaffirming Christian movies? If I wanted to go see God's Not Dead, I'd rather just read the Christian vs. science teacher copypasta that inspired it. And we all know how books compare to their movie counterparts.

Seriously. I have a pretty strong idea about my faith. Be cool to one another and live a good life until you die. That's what I got out of Jesus' teachings. Whether or not Jesus was real is neither here nor there, but you can't deny the morals are real.

Back to the point of Christian based movies, there's still a lot of material that I'd love to see in film, one being the time of King David's rule. That would make for a great action-drama. Or hell, remake The Robe or The Ten Commandments for that matter. I think Noah proved that Christian films that aren't faith-reaffirming can actually see moderate success, and man, I'd really like to see some action movies lifted from scenes in the Bible.

Nintenduendo is offline   Reply With Quote