Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Nintendo Games > Pokemon Series

Notices

Old 04-21-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
Genolinkero
Star Shooter
Points: 669, Level: 13 Points: 669, Level: 13 Points: 669, Level: 13
User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 4x SNES Controller

My Mood: Goofy
Genolinkero is a jewel in the roughGenolinkero is a jewel in the roughGenolinkero is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Super Member Brawl AM First Time Award 
Total Awards: 2

Pikachu Pokemon crystal

So I've been playing for the last month or so and I'm really really enjoying it.
one thing that has made me go nuts are the battle animations at the beginning of every fight, which I know doesn't seem like that big of a deal to most, especially considering the 3d animations of the most recent games, but I'm a major fan of the first 251 pokemon. Ruby and sapphire got a little out of hand with some poke ideas for me.

Also, the new story that comes with this is fascinating. Can't wait to catch suicoone. Hope I spelled it right.

Just got to eurkretuck. Lol horrible spelling but I see myself completing my pokedex once again with this run

Did anyone else enjoy this especially? Is there anything I should prepare for or put some time in any particular side quest?

Know ahead of time that I was HUGE into silver and beat gold at least once.

Hi, Hey, Howdy Traveling the country, Now in, Louisville, Ky
Genolinkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
Alice
----
Points: 32,842, Level: 100 Points: 32,842, Level: 100 Points: 32,842, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
I actually didn't like Crystal as much as Gold.
I recently traded my friend my own copy of it because I didn't really want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #3
SanePsychoSuper
Basic Contradiction
Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40
User owns 1x Rupee Bag User owns 1x Ocarina Of Time User owns 1x Master Sword User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Crappy
SanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to beholdSanePsychoSuper is a splendid one to behold

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Profile of the Month Award Profile of the Month Award Signature of the Month Poster NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelorette Award Princess Award Profile of the Month Award 
Total Awards: 8

I got Crystal a few years ago. I haven't really played it though because it needs a new battery. I didn't play Gold/Silver/Crystal back in the day. I went strait from Yellow to the GBA ones.
SanePsychoSuper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Never cared too much for Crystal. I loved Silver more and the fact I prefer Entei over Suicune any day.

Now that I think about it, I didn't get an actual copy of Crystal until I was maybe 15 or so. I bought it at a used game shop. It was nice being a girl for a change!

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #5
Genolinkero
Star Shooter

Genolinkero is a jewel in the roughGenolinkero is a jewel in the roughGenolinkero is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase

Can anyone tell me more about this battle tower? I'm working through the night but I'm very curious about stumbling upon this after doing the lighthouse. In case im losing my mind I dont remember this being here in gold or silver :P

Old 04-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Hakuryuu
D.D.
User owns 1x Warpstar

Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genolinkero View Post
Can anyone tell me more about this battle tower? I'm working through the night but I'm very curious about stumbling upon this after doing the lighthouse. In case im losing my mind I dont remember this being here in gold or silver :P
It's just the "first" Battle Tower in the series. You have to have all 8 Johto badges to challenge, but it's really just the same Battle Tower challenge as seen in the future games. It's like the precursor if you will.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
Genolinkero
Star Shooter

Awards Showcase

did anyone else ever turn on the radio while walking around just to hear the rocket theme during the Radio tower infiltration? Just beat Pryce (7th Gym) and I cant do anything without my rocket Jam

Old 04-26-2014, 10:26 AM   #8
Hakuryuu
D.D.
User owns 1x Warpstar

Awards Showcase

When I had Silver as a kid, I played it. When I got Crystal in my teen years, I played it again but it was just too creepy for me to keep it on.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
Genolinkero
Star Shooter

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryuu View Post
When I had Silver as a kid, I played it. When I got Crystal in my teen years, I played it again but it was just too creepy for me to keep it on.
Creepy?! I'm 22 years old and if you're referring to being too old for pokemon then you sir are a silly.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
Hakuryuu
D.D.
User owns 1x Warpstar

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genolinkero View Post
Creepy?! I'm 22 years old and if you're referring to being too old for pokemon then you sir are a silly.
There might have been a misunderstanding.

I was referring to this music that Team Rocket uses to make all the Magikarp evolve.

The Team Rocket's hideout music is great though.