Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > General Nintendo Section

Notices

General Nintendo Section All general Nintendo content here.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 6,847, Level: 54 Points: 6,847, Level: 54 Points: 6,847, Level: 54

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

NES Remix needed "more machine power" than the 3DS, says director

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-says-director

"Wii U had the machine power we were looking for."

By
Jeffrey Matulef
21 April 2014

NES Remix - Nintendo's recent madcap rearranging of its classic games in an exciting new package - was quite the nostalgia-tinged offering on Wii U, but it led many Nintendo fans to wonder why such a seemingly simple affair wasn't also on the 3DS.

According to series director Koichi Hayashida, it's because the handheld simply wasn't powerful enough.

NES Remix 2.

"In order to accomplish what we wanted with NES Remix, and get the effect we wanted out of it and the value that we wanted it to have, we needed some more machine power," Hayashida said in a video interview with IGN.

"I think the Wii U offered that up for us pretty easily, and it just would have been more difficult to do it for the 3DS.

I think that's really the answer," he added. "It's just that the Wii U had the machine power we were looking for in order for us to build the software we envisioned from the get go."

Hayashida also noted that part of the reason he stuck with the Wii U was because he was already trained on the hardware.

"I was working on [Super Mario] 3D World, which was developed on Wii U," he said.

"So I was already familiar with the system's architecture and developing for that platform lent itself to the early stages of the project."

This may seem like an odd explanation as many of these games are simply remixes of titles on 31 year old hardware, but there are new wrinkles to the titles, so maybe it's not as simple as it would appear?

Either way, the final product ended up being an amusing affair, even if Eurogamer contributor Simon Parkin found it had less lasting value than the Warioware series.

"As with many reconstituted products, NES Remix is immediately delicious, but inspires an obsession that it can't sustain for long, he wrote in his NES Remix review.

A sequel, NES Remix 2, is due later this week on 25th April. It will contain elements of Super Mario Bros. 3, Punch-Out!!, Dr. Mario, Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Metroid and more. Here's a trailer.
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Alice
----
Points: 32,842, Level: 100 Points: 32,842, Level: 100 Points: 32,842, Level: 100
User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller

My Mood: Artistic
Alice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant futureAlice has a brilliant future

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Member of the Month NFF Old Man Award NFF Annual Awards Level 100 Award NFF's 4th Annual Award Royalty Welcome Wagon Joker 
Total Awards: 14

Send a message via MSN to Alice Send a message via Skype™ to Alice 3DS Friend Code: 3711-7997-2642 PSN ID: ArktikAlice Xbox Live Gamertag: ArktikAlice
Hm... Never heard of this game until now, but now I am irritated that it isn't on the 3DS because now I have a whole new reason for a Wii U...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I spend many lonely nights wishing Alice would lock me in my bedchamber and pleasure me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderRebelNews via Skype
There are too few hours in a day for things like 'eating'
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote