Nintendo Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 05-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #1
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 5,783, Level: 49 Points: 5,783, Level: 49 Points: 5,783, Level: 49

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

Xbox One boss promises new IP and sequel announcements at E3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6419419/

by Eddie Makuch on May 5, 2014

But it's not all about next month's show, as Phil Spencer teases, "May should be a good month for news."

With just one month to go before the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, Xbox boss Phil Spencer has revealed a slew of new details about what you can expect from Microsoft's presentation at the event.

Asked if gamers will see new IP announcements at the show from first-party Microsoft studios, Spencer replied: "Yes, we'll announce both new IP and new sequels at E3." That's just one interesting piece of information that Spencer revealed last night during his tweeting spree.

We've rounded up what you need to know below, based on his Twitter comments from overnight.
  • Microsoft is focusing on hardcore gamers for the show.
  • Some announcements will be made in May, ahead of E3. "Yea, you'll get a couple of things before. May should be a good month for news. Took me a month to get plans set," Spencer said.
  • Microsoft will announce new studios it's working with.
  • Spencer is not allowed to talk about anything related to what Halo studio 343 Industries is working on.
  • Microsoft's overall goal for 2014: "I feel like what we will show this year is stuff we are committed to, from top studios, for this year and future."
  • Don't expect a Microsoft-made gaming handheld anytime soon. "I don't think we'll do a dedicated handheld gaming device, rather just focus on [Windows Phone], tablets, maybe with controller support someday," Spencer said.
  • Spencer wants Microsoft's E3 2014 showing to be more "fan focused."
  • Microsoft thought about using the voice of Cortana for their E3 show, but Spencer did not like this. Asked if the Cortana voice search functionality could come to Xbox One someday, Spencer said, "I like [Windows Phone] feature but don't want to overdo it."
  • Gamers won't need to wait until the Tokyo Game Show (September) to learn about new Japanese Xbox One games.
  • Microsoft is close to finalizing a release date for the Xbox One version of Minecraft.
  • The Lost Odyssey rights are "a bit complicated," but Spencer would like to see the 2008 role-playing game come to Games on Demand some day.
  • Details about external storage support for Xbox One are coming later.
  • Why there hasn't been a Battletoads sequel: "Just time, lot's of things we want to build, all the teams are full right now and a long list of what they'd want to do next. You want to spend time because you want things to be as good as they can be, I don't want to do cheap ports," Spencer said.
E3 2014 runs June 10-12 in Los Angeles, California. Microsoft's media briefing is often held on the Monday before the show kicks off, which would be June 9. GameSpot will be in attendance at E3 2014, bringing you all the news as it happens.
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
As long as it's not all about the Kinect as it was last year, I'd be able to watch their conference. I take it that they won't be since they said they'd be focusing on what 'hardcore gamer's' want.

"Don't expect a Microsoft-made gaming handheld anytime soon. "I don't think we'll do a dedicated handheld gaming device, rather just focus on [Windows Phone], tablets, maybe with controller support someday," Spencer said."
Don't Sony have a patent or something on portable consoles so Microsoft can't launch their own? Something like that anyway.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,042, Level: 93 Points: 23,042, Level: 93 Points: 23,042, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

DRM and kinect bullshit notwithstanding, I actually thought Microsoft had the best out of the bunch last year in terms of games, and one of their best confereces in recent memory. So I'm kinda looking to this one, especially the Japanese games. Last gen, M$ actually did a decent job courting JRPG developers to make games for the 360 and putting out some stellar titles like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey and appeal to the Japanese audience(but obviously it didn't last long). Hopefully they can do a better job with it, maybe I'll actually consider getting the Xbone