Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > General Forum > Sony PlayStation

Notices

Sony PlayStation Post anything relating to Sony PlayStation here.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #1
jfreakofkorn
Posting freak
Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52 Points: 6,503, Level: 52

jfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the roughjfreakofkorn is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
NFF Annual Awards 
Total Awards: 1

Leaked video shows off one of the PS4′s coolest upcoming features in action

https://bgr.com/2014/05/05/playstati...-leaked-video/

By Jacob Siegal on May 5, 2014

PlayStation Now hasn’t received much fanfare since its reveal in January.

Despite the implications of on-demand console gaming without hard drive space concerns or huge downloads, the anticipated feature has been put on the back burner as new game releases take precedence.

PlayStation Now is still only accessible to a select group of beta testers, but one of those testers has gone out of the way to leak a video showcasing the service that Sony plans to introduce later this year.

We’ve seen leaked footage of PlayStation Now before, but never as clear as this.

As you can see in the video, the user interface for PlayStation Now looks very similar to the UI for the PlayStation Store.

The Welcome tab highlights recent and popular games, Connection Test checks to see if your network is capable of streaming games.

My PS Now Games lists all the games you have access to (including expiration dates for those games) and All Games gives you a look at every game available on the service.

Starting a game is as simple as pressing play. PS Now will authorize your account, test your connection and load the game.

The tester plays through a few moments of Puppeteer and Saints Row: The Third, both of which appear to run smoothly on PS Now.

When quitting out of a game, the tester is presented with a short survey asking for a rating of the video quality, audio quality and responsive of the game.
jfreakofkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
I've been a beta user for PS Now for a while, it's honestly nothing special. I tried playing a fighting game but the button delay (which was 100% expecated) was just barely too great to play enjoyably. The video was alright, but that obviously depends on your internet.

Keep in mind it said it said I had best speed possible to run it.

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
Sounds pretty good, my internet is crappy though so I doubt it would run well for me.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
Zero
8-bit Roots
Points: 4,076, Level: 40 Points: 4,076, Level: 40 Points: 4,076, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 
Total Awards: 4

lol @ "PS4's coolest feature".

-Zero, Proud owner of The Nintendo Cereal System
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:21 PM   #5
Pokeman
Good ol PT

Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
lol @ "PS4's coolest feature".
"upcoming" "one of"

not exactly wrong there

Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Zero
8-bit Roots
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
"upcoming" "one of"

not exactly wrong there
It's a matter of personal taste and opinion. I'm not interested in PS Now whatsoever. Therefore, to me, it's laughable to call it one of the PS4's coolest features when there are much better aspects of the system that get overlooked.

As a collector I'm pretty much anti-digital and this will only speed up the death of physical videogame media.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #7
Pokeman
Good ol PT

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
It's a matter of personal taste and opinion. I'm not interested in PS Now whatsoever. Therefore, to me, it's laughable to call it one of the PS4's coolest features when there are much better aspects of the system that get overlooked.

As a collector I'm pretty much anti-digital and this will only speed up the death of physical videogame media.
I guess you didn't get it but that's fine. It wasn't an issue at all.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #8
Zero
8-bit Roots

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Guess not. Spell it out for me.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #9
Pokeman
Good ol PT

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Quote:
Guess not. Spell it out for me.
"One of the coolest upcoming feature" not "Coolest feature"

was just a nitpick.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #10
Zero
8-bit Roots

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
"One of the coolest upcoming feature" not "Coolest feature"

was just a nitpick.
Haha, I was thinking that's what you'd say. Whatever, you know what I meant :P