Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
Mable
Pines
Points: 2,731, Level: 31 Points: 2,731, Level: 31 Points: 2,731, Level: 31
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 4

Sm Mario New Nintendo Console?

Last week’s post investor briefing Q&A has been fully translated by Nintendo and now we can get some more insight from Satoru Iwata from questions asked of him by investors and media at the briefing. One question, which reads a like a short story asked Iwata about Nintendo’s next console. When can we see it? Will it be around in the next three years and because the Wii U isn’t doing so will we see it even sooner?

Mr Iwata obviously was reluctant to reply only saying that “Once we launch a new platform, we naturally start to prepare for the next one. As it takes several years to develop a single platform, if you ask us whether we are preparing for our next system, then the correct response will be that we are always developing new hardware.”

So when is this always developing new hardware coming? Naturally Iwata isn’t going to say even more so because the Wii U is under performing. Mr Iwata believes Nintendo must make sure owners who have invested in the Wii U are satisfied before even considering to talk about the new console. “I of course believe that launching new hardware will not produce good results unless we first make sure that those who have already purchased our platforms are satisfied. We will continue to work hard to ensure that consumers who already own our platforms are satisfied, and make sure that people will continue to see great value in our software.”

So just what will be the new console, do Nintendo have any idea? “ I would like to say that we are preparing for our next hardware system, and in fact, we already have a clear idea to some extent about the direction our next hardware is going to take.” But you’re not going to hear about it for a while. Nintendo is dedicated to the Wii U for now and will be for at least the next few years.

Source: Nintendo
Old 05-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 37,692, Level: 100 Points: 37,692, Level: 100 Points: 37,692, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award NFF Old Man Award 
Total Awards: 13

Part of me feels we'll see the 3DS' successor before the Wii U's.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #3
AlloftheAbove
Numbah Wan
Points: 23,420, Level: 94 Points: 23,420, Level: 94 Points: 23,420, Level: 94
User owns 1x Purple Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Yellow Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Red Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Green Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Light Blue Chaos Emerald User owns 1x Grey Chaos Emerald

My Mood: Gaming
AlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond reputeAlloftheAbove has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
Review of the Month Review of the Month NFF's 4th Annual Award NFF Old Man Award NFF Referrer Review of the Month Review of the Month Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 37

3DS Friend Code: 4382-1995-8800 Xbox Live Gamertag: RaptorWaffles WiiU ID: AlloftheAbove
It's no secret that a video game company is working on their next console. I just hope the Wii U gets all the attention it needs before they feel comfortable enough to move on.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #4
Hakuryuu
memetastic miller
Points: 5,799, Level: 49 Points: 5,799, Level: 49 Points: 5,799, Level: 49
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Yeah. I've pretty much learned that video game companies are almost always working on a new console at some point after the current release. IIRC, they began working on the Wii U almost directly after the Wii had been released.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #5
Rin
Blade of Justice
Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100 Points: 39,512, Level: 100

Rin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant futureRin has a brilliant future

Awards Showcase
Royalty NFF 3rd Annual Award Level 100 Award Member of the Month Monster Poster Yoshi Poster 
Total Awards: 7

Send a message via Skype™ to Rin
R&D for future hardware never stops even when they're preparing to launch hardware that we know about. I kinda think the next thing we see from them, in terms of next game systems will find a way to pull mobile and console gamers into the same space, more so than just simple connectivity.
Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 23,209, Level: 93 Points: 23,209, Level: 93 Points: 23,209, Level: 93
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
I hope they're more careful with how they handle their next console
Old 05-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #7
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,818, Level: 76 Points: 13,818, Level: 76 Points: 13,818, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
I don't see Nintendo revealing a new console for quite some time.

Pokeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
Zero
Smashing Brothers
Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 

My feeling tell me it'll be that Quality of Life nonsense or a new home console comparable to the PS4 and the XBone. I'd rather not see a new portable from anyone right now.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #9
JemStar
Konata's booty
Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47 Points: 5,528, Level: 47

My Mood: Sleepy
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Send a message via Skype™ to JemStar PSN ID: BlackChilliBean
I don't see them revealing it for a while either, and like Kie said it would probably be the 3DS's successor before the Wii U. Maybe because it came out earlier.

"I collect, not play." - Quinten talking about My Little Pony.
JemStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #10
Zero
Smashing Brothers
Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40 Points: 3,989, Level: 40
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 

Nintendo releasing another home-console this soon would be very Sega CD/Saturn-ish.