Nintendo Fan Forum  

Go Back   Nintendo Fan Forum > Nintendo Corner > Gaming News

Notices

Gaming News Gaming News around the world.

Old 05-14-2014, 03:41 AM   #1
Mable
Pines
Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36 Points: 3,392, Level: 36
User owns 1x Poke Doll

Mable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura aboutMable has a spectacular aura about

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month Review of the Month Princess Award News Reporter Review of the Month 
Total Awards: 6

Megaman Iwata: A single game is all it takes

Iwata: A single game can greatly influence the fate of a video game system

Last week’s post investor briefing Q&A has been fully translated by Nintendo and now we can get some more insight from Satoru Iwata from questions asked of him by investors and media at the briefing.
Iwata was asked about the lower prediction for Wii U sales (now 3.6 million in its third year) and how if they’re aiming this low how could anyone expect sales to rise to 5, 10 million the following years.

Iwata responded with “In order to recreate momentum and sell 5.00 million or 10.00 million units of hardware annually, there are indeed challenges that we must overcome. And in the face of these challenges, announcing more optimistic figures before we actually release the Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. titles to consumers, would not be compatible with our original stance to provide rather conservative figures, so once again we set our estimates by considering how much we could realistically hope to achieve with our software lineup”. Nintendo are simply being more realistic with their goals so people aren’t as disappointing when they don’t sell as many (if they fall short again). Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 will be huge, but how huge?

“The fate of a video game system is often influenced greatly by the introduction of a single title. As many of you probably remember, before the release of the Pokémon game, Game Boy had been showing slow growth, and many people wondered whether it was the end of Game Boy. But the Pokémon game singlehandedly changed the landscape of the system, which then started to show the strongest sales in the lifecycle of the system.”

Iwata clearly believes that best days for the Wii U are still to come and that ‘one’ game could turn it around. He says they will be working hard on the Wii U to make sure the 3.6 million they have planned for this financial year isn’t the peak of the console.
Mable is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Go go Iwata!

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
Megas75
A Goddamn Philistine
Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94 Points: 24,234, Level: 94
User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 3x SNES Controller User owns 1x Megaman\'s Helmet User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Poke Doll User owns 2x Chao
User owns 1x Black Mage User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x X-Buster User owns 1x Sub Tank User owns 1x Heart Tank

My Mood: Twisted
Megas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond reputeMegas75 has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Monster Poster Profile of the Month Award News Reporter Welcome Wagon Royalty Poster 
Total Awards: 7

WiiU ID: Megas75
The Wii U is gonna need more than a single game to be successful, but I can see where he's coming from. From what I remember, things didn't start to turn around for the PS3 until MGS4, then the price drop happened
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #4
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 
Total Awards: 4

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Can we stop all the Iwata hating now? Clearly the man is trying and has aspirations to turn the sales around.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
I've been saying this for MONTHS

(i feel like there are like 3 threads for this now......)

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
Hakuryuu
D.D.
Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50 Points: 5,975, Level: 50
User owns 1x Warpstar

My Mood: Bored
Hakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to beholdHakuryuu is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster Signature of the Month Signature of the Month Princess Award 

Send a message via MSN to Hakuryuu Send a message via Skype™ to Hakuryuu 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3194-2141 PSN ID: daracakes WiiU ID: flareon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
I've been saying this for MONTHS

(i feel like there are like 3 threads for this now......)
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a duplicate thread now for every bit of nintendo news that comes out. We need to fix that because it's annoying.

Hakuryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
Genolinkero
Star Shooter
Points: 473, Level: 9 Points: 473, Level: 9 Points: 473, Level: 9
User owns 1x Mr Saturn User owns 4x SNES Controller

My Mood: Goofy
Genolinkero is a jewel in the roughGenolinkero is a jewel in the roughGenolinkero is a jewel in the rough

Awards Showcase
Brawl AM First Time Award 

oh mother 4 how we need you now XD

Hi, Hey, Howdy Traveling the country, Now in, Louisville, Ky
Genolinkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
Zero
8-bit Roots
Points: 4,218, Level: 41 Points: 4,218, Level: 41 Points: 4,218, Level: 41
User owns 1x Poke Ball User owns 1x Zero\'s Helmet User owns 1x SNES Controller User owns 1x Z-Saber User owns 1x Mega Man User owns 1x Nintendo 64 Controller User owns 1x Nintendo DS
User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Remote

My Mood: Amused
Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Old Man Award Poster Super Member Royalty 

I can't argue that a single game can change things as I've bought systems for a single title in the past. I think the Wii U definitely needs at a least a few system sellers, though. Smash, MK, and a new Zelda will be great ones, though. Well, Zelda still remains to be seen. I don't like that working title for it right now.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Pokeman
Good ol PT
Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76 Points: 13,897, Level: 76

My Mood: Woot
Pokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to beholdPokeman is a splendid one to behold

Awards Showcase
Poster 

Send a message via Skype™ to Pokeman PSN ID: Pityflame WiiU ID: Pityflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I can't argue that a single game can change things as I've bought systems for a single title in the past. I think the Wii U definitely needs at a least a few system sellers, though. Smash, MK, and a new Zelda will be great ones, though. Well, Zelda still remains to be seen. I don't like that working title for it right now.
I think it's those three to be exact, too. Mostly MK though

Pokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #10
Konata
The NEET Thing To Do
Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100 Points: 38,528, Level: 100
User owns 1x Nintendo DS User owns 1x Nintendo Wii Wheel User owns 1x Purple Pikmin User owns 1x White Pikmin User owns 1x Blue Pikmin User owns 1x Yellow Pikmin User owns 1x Red Pikmin
User owns 1x Metroid User owns 1x Triforce User owns 1x Gold Cucoo User owns 1x Samus Morphball User owns 1x Princess Ruto

My Mood: Inspired
Konata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond reputeKonata has a reputation beyond repute

Friend Codes

Awards Showcase
NFF Ice Bucket Challenge Signature of the Month NFF Referrer Signature of the Month NFF Annual Awards NFF Bachelor Award Member of the Month Level 100 Award 
Total Awards: 14

Yup MK is THE system seller for me. I recall it was the reason I purchased a Gamecube.

My little sister can't be this non-existent

Konata is online now   Reply With Quote